DLodi

I-751 Interview Scheduled (Wife not here)

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

Thank you Sir/Ma'am, for your encouragement and support. I am taking your advice into consideration. I have already made an INFOPASS for Friday, right after getting done with exams on Thursday. I will go there and speak to the officer and tell them everything.

I am literally scared out of my pants, due to the possible danger I could have on my life. I have already received death threats in the past few months from random muslims, because I criticize the inhumane rulings in Islam, and what Islamic fundamentalism is doing to the world. Just because I speak the truth. they cannot handle it and get rabid.

I have a bright future in the U.S. because I wish to use my knowledge of Islam, culture and language skills to fight terrorism. I have also met a former consul general of the U.S. emabassy of Pakistan, and he said to me I can be a valuable asset to the United States through the state dept. or other agencies.

I have so much at stake, my life, my future and my sanity.

I have been an emotional wreck lately, and sought help from the counseling dept. at my university because I had a nervous breakdown. Also, the legal dept. at the university gave me the contact of an Immigration lawyer here in town.

Should I contact her? Ofcourse she is not free, and to be honest I do not have the money to hire a lawyer. What do you suggest?

Also, I didn't understand what you meant by the acronym, F.E.A.R. I do not have any false information. I shouldnt be fearing anything because my case is genuine, my marriage is real. I have all the photographic evidence and other documents. I'm just in a situation because of the joint petition.

I dunno. This post seemed very scripted. Something about it is very troll-like. Good for you to be true to yourself and your beliefs and it's too bad people in your family is reacting so negatively to it. But you're not being fair in insinuating that one has to become an apostate in order to avoid being a religious fundamentalist. My fiance is a progressive Muslim and he grew up in a very religious, rigid society not unlike you. He's a critical thinker but he still has faith and I see nothing wrong with that.

You should fear for your removal of conditions petition if your wife doesn't get her buns back here. You filed jointly. My lawyer had a case very similar to yours very recently and their petition was DENIED because the USC spouse wasn't present. They are now waging an expensive battle to appeal. Besides, why exactly is an unmedicated (I can only assume) bi-polar studying abroad in a foreign country? That sounds like a recipe for disaster unless she's seeking support and treatment. If she loves and cares about you at all, she'll take a few days or week and fly back for your interview. If not, well, I guess you could be SOL.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Bottom line, your wife HAS to be at the interview. Your application was filed as joint-filed, and the interview is for both of you.

Sometimes you have to make difficult decision. Which one more important I'm sure you already know and made up mind for.

By any means, she has to be at the interview...

Thank you for your response. So let me ask you, I have made the INFOPASS and will go on Friday to tell the officer. Now, do you suggest I should refile, alone this time? And what do I need to do in order to refile? I mean should I file for divorce and get an extension? Or the officer on Friday will guide me.

I really don't wish to divorce my wife, I love her. However, I wonder if she really loves me or not, because if she did, she wouldn't put me in this situation. i'm already registered for the Spring semester. Don't wish to screw my studies cause of this non-sense. I can't believe a straight forward case has been screwed up cause of her.

I'm still talking to her online and trying to convince her to come back. But she is just so stubborn.

Anyway...I will attempt to contact non-profit organizations that deal with such cases. Try to get a lawyer to guide me.

I dunno. This post seemed very scripted. Something about it is very troll-like. Good for you to be true to yourself and your beliefs and it's too bad people in your family is reacting so negatively to it. But you're not being fair in insinuating that one has to become an apostate in order to avoid being a religious fundamentalist. My fiance is a progressive Muslim and he grew up in a very religious, rigid society not unlike you. He's a critical thinker but he still has faith and I see nothing wrong with that.

You should fear for your removal of conditions petition if your wife doesn't get her buns back here. You filed jointly. My lawyer had a case very similar to yours very recently and their petition was DENIED because the USC spouse wasn't present. They are now waging an expensive battle to appeal. Besides, why exactly is an unmedicated (I can only assume) bi-polar studying abroad in a foreign country? That sounds like a recipe for disaster unless she's seeking support and treatment. If she loves and cares about you at all, she'll take a few days or week and fly back for your interview. If not, well, I guess you could be SOL.

Thank you for your response. Nothing is scripted. This is my real story. Sure, your husband is a progressive muslim and what not. But that is besides the point. I didn't 'choose' to be an apostate. I consciously left Islam. I was a devout Muslim for 4 years and so was my wife, we both analyzed all the evidence and left Islam. I have serious animosities in Pakistan because of my criticism of Islam.

Anyway, I will be going on Friday, I have the INFOPASS set up. Now, if I want to file this alone, what should I do?

She left without informing me or her parents, that's how she got there. Because she knew we won't let her go like this. She does such stuff, and has done crazy things in the past. That is why I am extremely worried about her and concerned. For her safety. Everyday is so stressful for me & her parents. We are trying to have her come back.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

There is a saying "There are no second chances in life, except to feel remorse", then call your wife and ask her to flight back to USA to attend the interview,period.Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what you would have or could have had, take action NOW.

You said se is bipolar, but being bipolar does not justify her abuse against you, or she manages to take her medications correctly or man move on.Good luck.

There is a saying "There are no second chances in life, except to feel remorse", then call your wife and ask her to flight back to USA to attend the interview,period.Don't be a person who has to look back and wonder what you would have or could have had, take action NOW.

You said se is bipolar, but being bipolar does not justify her abuse against you, or she manages to take her medications correctly or man move on.Good luck.

Her father is going to call her tomorrow to convince her to come back. I just don't understand what is wrong with her mind. She is a sociopath, and is not able to relate to other people's pain. She really has problems.

Anyway, if she doesn't agree to come back, then what should I do next? Can anyone please tell me. It seems she doesn't give a damn about me, so I'm thinking of filing divorce. I've had enough. My life is on the line, and I can't take this stress anymore. My brain is dying cause of this stress.

Should I file divorce before the interview and take whatever paper work I get regarding the divorce? I assume it'll take a while for the decision to pass. Please advice.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Her father is going to call her tomorrow to convince her to come back. I just don't understand what is wrong with her mind. She is a sociopath, and is not able to relate to other people's pain. She really has problems.

Anyway, if she doesn't agree to come back, then what should I do next? Can anyone please tell me. It seems she doesn't give a damn about me, so I'm thinking of filing divorce. I've had enough. My life is on the line, and I can't take this stress anymore. My brain is dying cause of this stress.

Should I file divorce before the interview and take whatever paper work I get regarding the divorce? I assume it'll take a while for the decision to pass. Please advice.

If you wife doesn't come back you will attend the interview without her and have proof of filing for divorce. Tell them you would like to change it to a waiver filing. Hopefully your wife will sign the divorce paperwork quickly so that you aren't waiting long.

If you don't get the divorce decree before the RFE deadline (86 days or so) your ROC will be denied and you will go before an immigration judge who will order USCIS to wait until your divorce is final before processing the ROC.

If you wife doesn't come back you will attend the interview without her and have proof of filing for divorce. Tell them you would like to change it to a waiver filing. Hopefully your wife will sign the divorce paperwork quickly so that you aren't waiting long.

If you don't get the divorce decree before the RFE deadline (86 days or so) your ROC will be denied and you will go before an immigration judge who will order USCIS to wait until your divorce is final before processing the ROC.

Thanks that is a such a relief right now to read what you wrote. I hope she decides to come back, because that would be great, I really don't want to divorce her, but if she doesn't care about me in this critical stage of my life then I suppose I shouldn't care about her either.

One question though, she is out of the country, so how will she sign the papers? Will I have to mail it to her? Sorry, if this is question doesn't pertain to you.

And, should I still go on FRIDAY for the INFOPASS that I have?

Timeline

Thanks that is a such a relief right now to read what you wrote. I hope she decides to come back, because that would be great, I really don't want to divorce her, but if she doesn't care about me in this critical stage of my life then I suppose I shouldn't care about her either.

One question though, she is out of the country, so how will she sign the papers? Will I have to mail it to her? Sorry, if this is question doesn't pertain to you.

And, should I still go on FRIDAY for the INFOPASS that I have?

Well, whether you go to the infopass is up to you. If your wife is willing to come back for the interview, then it's not needed.

If she's not willing to come back then it wouldn't hurt to still go to the infopass to ask them, so you know for sure (rather than just trusting us), whether she needs to attend the interview.

Well, whether you go to the infopass is up to you. If your wife is willing to come back for the interview, then it's not needed.

If she's not willing to come back then it wouldn't hurt to still go to the infopass to ask them, so you know for sure (rather than just trusting us), whether she needs to attend the interview.

Thank you for your advice. I greatly appreciate it. I am studying for my final exams right now and this stress was killing me, but I feel relieved right now and a bit relaxed. I will see what she says, otherwise I will just file the divorce papers ASAP, and then go to the interview. I will take my in-laws with me as well, my bro inlaw, mom & dad in law are all there for me and very supportive, they know what I've gone thru, because they are going through a lot of issues that have arised because of her leaving. I can't believe she could be so selfish and damage so many people.

I will keep you posted abotu what happens next. I appreciate everyone here who has encouraged me. Thank you all.

Peace & Love.

Vanessa&Tony,

So when I tell them I would like to change it to waiver list. Do I have to file the I-751 again? Or they will change the nature of the file on their own?

I mean to ask, wil I have to go through the entire process of paying around $600 for the I-751, biometrics and all that again? And sending the information as well?

Vanessa&Tony,

So when I tell them I would like to change it to waiver list. Do I have to file the I-751 again? Or they will change the nature of the file on their own?

I mean to ask, wil I have to go through the entire process of paying around $600 for the I-751, biometrics and all that again? And sending the information as well?

Your best bet is simply explain that situation to the IO when you are at the InfoPass appointment and see what they suggest you do.

HOWEVER... the odds are somewhat against you. The IO would expect a true loving spouse would do their parts till death (if you know what i mean), and such a selfish decision might raise a flag regarding the current state of your marriage.

As some suggested, if divorce is the only way out, then might just well do it. But if you can get hold of a lawyer for advise, by any means do so.

Timeline

Vanessa&Tony,

They can change it to a waiver filing without you having to repay all the fees and all of that.

When talking to them, explain the situation without bad-mouthing her, in case she DOES come through and comes to the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you for your response. Nothing is scripted. This is my real story. Sure, your husband is a progressive muslim and what not. But that is besides the point. I didn't 'choose' to be an apostate. I consciously left Islam. I was a devout Muslim for 4 years and so was my wife, we both analyzed all the evidence and left Islam. I have serious animosities in Pakistan because of my criticism of Islam.

Anyway, I will be going on Friday, I have the INFOPASS set up. Now, if I want to file this alone, what should I do?

She left without informing me or her parents, that's how she got there. Because she knew we won't let her go like this. She does such stuff, and has done crazy things in the past. That is why I am extremely worried about her and concerned. For her safety. Everyday is so stressful for me & her parents. We are trying to have her come back.

Dear Dlodi if your marriage is genuine then y are you worrying. And 1 thing which i don't quiet understand is why are you saying in almost every post that you left islam and getting threats and stuff. Religion has got nothing to do with ur immigration status. If your marriage in genuine you should be here proving that in your posts rather than putting focus on the fact that they should let you stay because you left islam.

Ok, so let me add. That I begged her not to go, because of the interview. However, she is a very very stubborn person and she is bi-polar. So we were having major arguments about this before she left, and she didn't listen to me. She didn't listen to her parents either. I have gone through a lot in the past 4 years because of her condition. I must add that i've gone through a lot of physical abuse by her because of her condition. I love her even then because I know she is not a bad person, just a sick. I have documents regarding her condition.

After reading your posts here, I feel very sick right now. Because She & me, we both are Ex-Muslims. We both left Islam in April 2012 and everyone in pakistan, friends, family & neighbours know about my apostasy. I do not have danger from my family & friends, but I'm afraid of the people who used to know me there, because I used to know some deeply religious people over there. Many people there are upset about me leaving my religion. I'm afraid to even visit there.

I have nothing to hide, and now I feel very scared. I do not want to be persecuted there.

Everything is genuine, my marriage is real. I just wish she hadn't gone there, but no one can convince her. Because of her condition she gets out of control and has gotten into trouble in the past casue of her rage.

I suppose I should explain all of this to the officer and since my father in law will go there, he an explain the same, as they hve experienced her condition for years.

listen dude, your issue has nothing to do with Islam !!!

I am wondering why are you trying to talk about religion?? and criticizing Islam will not get you a GC.

if you have an asylum case that would be acceptable to talk about your religion issue, taking into consideration you need to respect the others religion whatever it's.

At the beginning you were picturing your marriage is ideal. However, later on you started talking about your bipolar wife and finally you would do anything to get a your ROC approved.

I will try to forget your metaphoric description which you tried to link Islam with terrorism, and I will give you my best honest advice.

since you r an educated person, first thing to do is to analyze the problem. most of people got their ROC approved without an interview. however, you need to submit tons of document to show the joint life. when USCIS sent the application back to the local field office, it reflects that USCIS has a fraud suspicions[ remember when you applied for the GC they had to conduct an interview in order to proof the genuinity of the relationship].

you need to do your best to get your wife her for the interview, and choose a good time to talk to your wife about this issue. if she said no, explain the situation and ask her straight up if she cares about your immigration issue or not[ Are u willing to co-operate to finish my ROC ,ask her]. if she does, she can write a letter to IO in order to reschedule the interview and take that letter with you when you go to the inforpass. Let her explain everything, her internship situation and the financial issue... etc.. so after she completes her program she can come and make the things going.

however, if your wife has decided to move overseas without you and she is not willing to cooperate . I think you need a lawyer, the problem is you filed the application jointly and in realty it's not, since your wife is not willing to show up, . I am not gonna assume anything. but, since the application was filed jointly the IO will not approved and one of the parties is not present except if he/she is deployed. if I were you I would consult an experienced lawyer, don't gamble with this.

Edited by myafi1985

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Sheesh, above two posters! Put on your critical thinking caps - he is afraid that if she doesn't come back for the interview and his ROC is denied, he'll be shipped back home, where everyone knows he left Islam and is making death threats towards him. I'd be very scared in that situation as well. OP, I wish I could do or say something to help you, but I do sincerely hope this situation can work out for the best. Looking forward to good news from you!

Edited by Leenie

Our naturalization timeline
1/12/2015 - Application sent to Phoenix service center by USPS priority mail

1/14/2015 - Package received in Phoenix

1/16/2015 - NOA date (hard copy received 1/22)

1/20/2015 - Check cashed

2/09/2015 - Biometrics

2/11/2015 - In line for interview

3/28/2015 - Hard copy interview notice received

4/29/2015 - Interview at Chicago field office - Approved!!!

5/22/2015 - Oath ceremony - Now a US citizen!!!!!!

Thank you, VisaJourney!!!!!

"Contrary to what the cynics say, distance is not for the fearful, it is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love... It's for those knowing a good thing when they see it, even if they don't see it nearly enough..."- Anonymous

an1cHsK0g000610MTNsc3wxMDAwOTk4c2F8V2Uga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.