DLodi

I-751 Interview Scheduled (Wife not here)

47 posts in this topic

i have never seen a wife like that , first you were claiming you love her so much you dont wanna divorce her and now you wanna divorce her..why did you marrry sucha lady spending 6 months in pakistan and still you didnt know her? and you dont have no authority on her bro even you dont have her number or address what she is doing right now and i dont think so she is gonna sign the divorce paper for you.. as you said she blocked you on facebook .. no wife will do that . as long as she doesnt sign the divorce paper its going to be harder for you bro.

Perhaps an arranged marriage between families? The in-laws could also be related, like second cousins or something. It is different culture, not all marriages are based on love and it is not for us to judge. I don't think the USCIS distinguish between arranged marriages and otherwise, just as long as the marriage is real. I am sure with his in-laws help he can prove that the marriage was real. It is just going to be a mess to figure it all out. Mental illness really is hard on the spouse, so i am sure USCIS will be sympathetic, provided the OP has proof.

Perhaps an arranged marriage between families? The in-laws could also be related, like second cousins or something. It is different culture, not all marriages are based on love and it is not for us to judge. I don't think the USCIS distinguish between arranged marriages and otherwise, just as long as the marriage is real. I am sure with his in-laws help he can prove that the marriage was real. It is just going to be a mess to figure it all out. Mental illness really is hard on the spouse, so i am sure USCIS will be sympathetic, provided the OP has proof.

Actually, it;s not an arranged marriage. It was a consensual marriage when me & my wife were both devout muslims and we married because of Islam. She was a convert to Islam. Now we both are ex-muslims.

However, I do have a question for you. I still havn't received my interview date, and my extension expires either tomorrow Feb 13th, relating to the 'extention' letter date, or Feb 24th relating to my Conditional Green Card.

I called USCIS right now, the officer lady said that I could go down to the office and get my passport stamped with an extension. Problem is that for INFOPASS the only date available in February is the 25th, which is past the expiration date.

She said that I can go there without and appointment, but that is upto the discretion of the Officer. I'm pretty sure they would understand my situation.

However, is this normal that I didn't receive the date yet? I'm sure they know about my case. I'm just nervous cause I read this same issue with someone else and they had received a deportation letter, when they didn't even receive the interview date.

Your input wil be greatly appreciated. Regards.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.