Hadiza

Removal of Condition problem

23 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Vjers: I have a question. My husband's conditional green card will expire in February and I want to end the marriage because I don't want to help him with the removal of conditon application. I married him in Nigeria in 2009 and I have asked for the divorce paper when he visited Nigeria but he did not bring it to America. He wants to get the divorce paper from an American court. I did not register my marriage in America, do we have to get the divorce letter from the American court or the Nigerian court. How hard or easy is it to get the final divorce in Nigeria, does anyone know about this? If I get the divorce decree from Nigeria will he still be able to remove the conditions without me? I don't want the marriage anymore because he did not turn out the way I thought he would. Should I call the congressman office to have him get deported? Please help me with this issue. Thanks a lot........................

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from AOS forum to Effects of Major Changes forum -- AOS stage is past, and divorce is contemplated. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You're not going to get him deported. He can remove conditions without you. If you don't want to still be with the man, divorce him and move on.

HUSBAND'S CASE

9/17/2011 - sent I-13

09/19/2011 - noa1 received

3/16/2012 - case sent to my local USCIS office for additional processing

4/21/2012 - AP. If we haven't heard from them in SIX MONTHS (omg) we can feel free to call them!!! Thanks!

9/20/2012 - Interview scheduled - October 3!!!!

10/3/2012 - Interview went well but she must look at his A-file more before decision.

10/12/2012 - I-130 APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

KIDS' CASES

04/20/2012: NOA107/20/2012: instead of an approval, we got thrown into AP. sigh

11/01/2012: Boys' I-130 interview set for November 28, 2012.

11/28/2012: I-130s APPROVED! APPROVED! APPROVED!

NVC

12/14/2012: NVC Received

12/31/2012: Case number/IIN

12/31/2012: DS-3032 sent

01/08/2013: DS-3032 accepted

01/02/2013: AOS bill0

1/03/2013: AOS bill shows PAID

01/04/2013: AOS package sent

01/09/2013: IV bill

01/10/2013: IV bill shows PAID

01/11/2013: IV package sent

01/23/2013: Case complete

02/01/2013: Interview scheduled

US Embassy Lagos

02/22/2013: Embassy received

03/01/2013: Medical

03/20/2013: Interview - was told the boys would have been approved on the spot if they had pics! Errrr :-(

04/15/2013: DNA test

05/15/2013: Emailed embassy BEGGING them to let boys drop off passports for visa insertion. IT WORKED!!!

05/31/2013: Visa in hand

06/02/2013: POE JFK!!!!!!

5spxll0m6aa.png

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

You're not going to get him deported. He can remove conditions without you. If you don't want to still be with the man, divorce him and move on.

is it possible to remove conditions from GC without a spouse? I don't think so....

is it possible to remove conditions from GC without a spouse? I don't think so....

It sure is. You check block d in part two, (Basis for petition), of the I-751 - " I entered into the marriage in good faith, but the marriage was terminated through divorce or annulment".

I think the divorce has to be final, and you have to prove the good faith part. Lots of folks remove conditions this way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It is probably easier to divorce in the US. Married is married so you can divorce anywhere you want. Check your state laws for the procedures of divorce. He can remove conditions on his own as long as he can prove the marriage was in good faith. You are still on the hook for your affidavit of support and there is no way out of that until the terms are completed.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hadiza you can have your husband "deported". He can divorce you and file form I-751.If he can prove a genuine/bonafide relationship he will renew his green card without your help. If he has a few utilities bills in his name, joint bank account and joint tax return then he is good, probably Uscis will renew his GC without any problem.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Vjers: I have a question. My husband's conditional green card will expire in February and I want to end the marriage because I don't want to help him with the removal of conditon application. I married him in Nigeria in 2009 and I have asked for the divorce paper when he visited Nigeria but he did not bring it to America. He wants to get the divorce paper from an American court. I did not register my marriage in America, do we have to get the divorce letter from the American court or the Nigerian court. How hard or easy is it to get the final divorce in Nigeria, does anyone know about this? If I get the divorce decree from Nigeria will he still be able to remove the conditions without me? I don't want the marriage anymore because he did not turn out the way I thought he would. Should I call the congressman office to have him get deported? Please help me with this issue. Thanks a lot........................

Hi---- If he is really being a %&%^*&^% and you can tell that he has not been sincere in the relationship (ie.... cheating on you from the beginning) then I don't blame you for wanting him deported. The number of these men that use women for a green card, succeed, then brag to all their friends in Naija about how "smart" they are, more will do it. That pisses me off too. They shouldn't get away with it. So..... if you have any proof of his bad behavior--- hold on to it. You can fax it to the USCIC office where he sends his application. I don't know anything about how to divorce a man you married in Nigeria (I married my Nigerian husband in USA) . But I do know one thing....... he has to have YOUR signature on the application. You can report to USCIC that you will not (have not)signed the I751. That way if he forges your signiture- no green card! The only way he can apply without your signiture is if you two get a divorce finalized or he claims you have been abusing him and can prove it with police reports. Don't bother talking to him. Just let him try to apply then you make your call to the USCIS that you didn't sign anything then he is out of luck. You can also remove your name from the joint bank account now and also remove your name from utility bills so he will not have any current evidence.

Her husband already has his green card. He's at the removal of conditions stage. He doesn't need to claim abuse, he just needs to show he entered the marriage in good faith and can file on his own when the divorce is final.

Hi---- If he is really being a %&%^*&^% and you can tell that he has not been sincere in the relationship (ie.... cheating on you from the beginning) then I don't blame you for wanting him deported. The number of these men that use women for a green card, succeed, then brag to all their friends in Naija about how "smart" they are, more will do it. That pisses me off too. They shouldn't get away with it. So..... if you have any proof of his bad behavior--- hold on to it. You can fax it to the USCIC office where he sends his application. I don't know anything about how to divorce a man you married in Nigeria (I married my Nigerian husband in USA) . But I do know one thing....... he has to have YOUR signature on the application. You can report to USCIC that you will not (have not)signed the I751. That way if he forges your signiture- no green card! The only way he can apply without your signiture is if you two get a divorce finalized or he claims you have been abusing him and can prove it with police reports. Don't bother talking to him. Just let him try to apply then you make your call to the USCIS that you didn't sign anything then he is out of luck. You can also remove your name from the joint bank account now and also remove your name from utility bills so he will not have any current evidence.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Not true ..... he does not require her signature.

He can file to remove the condition on his own. As long as he can prove it was bonafide marriage his condition would be removed.

The only thing you can do might make it difficult for him to remove his conidtion is if you have some solid proof that he married just for the immigration purpose and that was the sole purpose of the marriage, now if you submit that to USCIS than they can give him hard time during removal process.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

THERE'S NO PROBLEM THAT CANT BE FIX. YOU GUYS JUST NEED TO SORT THINGS OUT OR GO SEE A MARRIAGE COUNSELOR

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If you want a divorce and cannot reconcile, see a lawyer or you can get assistance from a court in your jurisdiction to file.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.