Penny Lane

Woman 'denied a termination' dies in hospital

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a Christian (as if no one knew) and I'm okay with abortion if the mother's life is at stake. Life is the issue, and trying to save the mother is neither better nor worse than trying to save a child.

I liken it to both of them having their lives at stake and deciding which one to save. Both lives are just as precious to God. I would rather save my wife than my child though, since my wife would be priority above my child to me. It depends on the situation, though, obviously. If there is a very low chance of the mother dying, then I don't believe in abortion. If the risks are too high, then abortion might be an option.

Not everything in religion is black and white, yet sadly most of us religious people don't care to read and think about our moral and ethical systems.

Edited by bsd058

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

seems typical of those english types to change names more often that a woman changes panties. in both cases, because they stink, i suppose.

:blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

wait a mo -

is this really one of those 'migrant workers in Ireland but with employee-given healthcare benefits' stories?

I'm a thinking it is, as the husband made reference to 'go home to bury his wife' .

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

wait a mo -

is this really one of those 'migrant workers in Ireland but with employee-given healthcare benefits' stories?

I'm a thinking it is, as the husband made reference to 'go home to bury his wife' .

No, it's an article about a woman who died because she was denied an abortion that was medically necessary to save her life.

In what way is being a 'migrant worker in Ireland but with employee-given healthcare benefits' relevant?

Edited by Dakine10

QCjgyJZ.jpg

Timeline

I think it's relevant because that migrant worker NOT know about the local hospital regulations, which were tied to the County and Country's laws.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed along with 4 others quoting/referencing said post.

one member thread banned.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I think it's relevant because that migrant worker NOT know about the local hospital regulations, which were tied to the County and Country's laws.

... otherwise his wife wouldn't have gone into premature labour? I think I'm missing the relevance of this :wacko:

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

nah, otherwise they would have gone to a private hospital, paid extra for the early termination.

Reading all of the articles about this poor woman though, I'm really sad for her and her husband - they even said that they 'learned' that Ireland is a great place to have babies, so that was one of their great deciding factors to immigrate there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

nah, otherwise they would have gone to a private hospital, paid extra for the early termination.

Reading all of the articles about this poor woman though, I'm really sad for her and her husband - they even said that they 'learned' that Ireland is a great place to have babies, so that was one of their great deciding factors to immigrate there.

So it's legal in a private hospital?

Yes.. very sad. My dad left the Catholic church when he married my mother for this very reason. His mother barely spoke to my mother after that.

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

and another miss. cost has nothing to do with any part of this case, and it's stupid and obfuscating to say that it does. all evidence indicates that one could walk into a private hospital in ireland throwing money all over the place, and still run the risk of encountering medical staff that essentially are forced to practice obstetric and gynecological medicine with their hands tied behind their backs because there is no clear legislation in existence to protect women and medical staff when these tragic situations occur.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

sandista - that's ok - we can disagree on that one point.