Penny Lane

Woman 'denied a termination' dies in hospital

127 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Yes it does. At that age a day is important. Less than 23 weeks - survival is rare. More than 24 weeks, and it's rare not to survive. That's how much difference a week makes.

earliest survived birth record i can find is 21 weeks. my memory in the case i cited may be off, but it's close.

in any case, any live birth is given best available care.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

earliest survived birth record i can find is 21 weeks. my memory in the case i cited may be off, but it's close.

This wasn't a live birth and it wasn't going to be. The doctors told her she was miscarrying. And yet her life still wasn't made the priority.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How long are you going to keep shooting blanks? Your 'memory' is off. A lot. Most hospitals do not consider it a 'live birth' if it is less than 22 weeks. NO attempt is made to resuscitate. (That is, of course, the 'best available care' so you are accidentally right on that small part of your post!)

Timeline

so we are back to agreeing that it is a matter of law, not religion, in this case.

and as for law...if you don't like the law where you live, move to someplace else. these people are indian nationals, and chose to live in ireland, where they were bound to live under the laws of ireland.

time and time again i see people on this board with the same attitude about America, thinking that they can just come here and demand that all of America adapt to what makes them comfortable. well, fellas, tough tiddlywinks on that. some concessions have been made in the name of religious freedom, but forget changing the law thru any means other than due process.

when i lived in china for 5 years i was a "supercitizen" by way of economic and political clout, buying 35-40 million dollars a year in product from a state owned enterprise that was managed by a national party member. nobody told me what to do, and i could have gotten away with anything less than murder. for that, i still would have fried, because i was living in china, and thereby subject to the laws of china.

so we are back to agreeing that it is a matter of law, not religion, in this case.

and as for law...if you don't like the law where you live, move to someplace else. these people are indian nationals, and chose to live in ireland, where they were bound to live under the laws of ireland.

time and time again i see people on this board with the same attitude about America, thinking that they can just come here and demand that all of America adapt to what makes them comfortable. well, fellas, tough tiddlywinks on that. some concessions have been made in the name of religious freedom, but forget changing the law thru any means other than due process.

when i lived in china for 5 years i was a "supercitizen" by way of economic and political clout, buying 35-40 million dollars a year in product from a state owned enterprise that was managed by a national party member. nobody told me what to do, and i could have gotten away with anything less than murder. for that, i still would have fried, because i was living in china, and thereby subject to the laws of china.

How would that have helped this woman in this situation? Stick to the topic, please.

only because you & the author of the story want it to be. the law allows for an abortion to be performed in this case. its on the hospital, for not providing the service.

A religious reason was given in the story for NOT performing an immediate abortion. This makes comments on the stupidity of it, if true, fair game.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

This wasn't a live birth and it wasn't going to be. The doctors told her she was miscarrying. And yet her life still wasn't made the priority.

read the article again. the child's heart was beating, so the child was alive. in such case, even at full dilation, best care is to keep the child in a healthy uterine environment as long as possible. yes, we know that dilation invites bacterial infection that can go systemic, but that was treated with antibiotic, i am sure.

some of you like to use the word "fetus" to deny the child an identity as a human being. you are only lying to yourselves.

Timeline

How would that have helped this woman in this situation? Stick to the topic, please.

if she wanted the option of late term abortion to be available she could have gone back to india. they kill thousands of female children a day in india just for purpose of gender selection. no question in her case. no respect for life where life is cheap. same in china.

read the article again. the child's heart was beating, so the child was alive. in such case, even at full dilation, best care is to keep the child in a healthy uterine environment as long as possible. yes, we know that dilation invites bacterial infection that can go systemic, but that was treated with antibiotic, i am sure.

some of you like to use the word "fetus" to deny the child an identity as a human being. you are only lying to yourselves.

I read the article. The child's heart was beating, but you're ignoring the fact that the doctors even told her she was miscarrying. They knew the child was going to die. If you think the child, at 17 weeks, was going to survive then you're lying to yourself in an attempt to make a point.

The law is based on religious beliefs.

Edited by Teddy B

if she wanted the option of late term abortion to be available she could have gone back to india. they kill thousands of female children a day in india just for purpose of gender selection. no question in her case. no respect for life where life is cheap. same in china.

What are you talking about? She was 17 weeks pregnant. She only went to the hospital because she was experiencing pain, not to receive an abortion. It was only when doctors told her she was miscarrying, and after a day of severe pain, did she ask to terminate the pregnancy.

How you're comparing this to the murder of children in India, I have no freaking idea. You're bizarre.

Edited by Evylin

She was in medical distress and according to the story too much religious based 'respect' was given the unborn, and at least six weeks prior to viability, 'living' child.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

What are you talking about? She was 17 weeks pregnant. She only went to the hospital because she was experiencing pain, not to receive an abortion. It was only when doctors told her she was miscarrying, and after a day of severe pain, did she ask to terminate the pregnancy.

How you're comparing this to the murder of children in India, I have no freaking idea. You're bizarre.

This is what happens once someone allows religion to trump logic. In order to believe in God as the end all and be all in one's life, a person needs to lose all conotation of common sense, therefore anything said beyond that is not comprehensible to anyone that uses logic to form their opinions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is what happens once someone allows religion to trump logic. In order to believe in God as the end all and be all in one's life, a person needs to lose all conotation of common sense, therefore anything said beyond that is not comprehensible to anyone that uses logic to form their opinions.

Well said! :thumbs:

Yup. Hard to have a discussion when people ignore facts. Yet I still try... :lol: