14 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iraq
Timeline

Dear all ,

Im so depressed and I don't know what to do !

I am a a green card holder since 2010 , I work with the US international broadcasting as a news anchor , and I got married before two

years ago, I'm trying to bring my wife since two years throw a visitor visa and it's not working , I lost to baby's thro her pagnency she lives in

Baghdad and im so confused I've meet two lawyers and they told me I have to apply for her I-130 form which is gonna take 3 years from

now !!!! And it's so hard for us to wait 3 more years , please guys I need you advice , what's the shortest way to come here ..

Many thanks,

Edited by Maan Habib

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Dear all ,

Im so depressed and I don't know what to do !

I am a a green card holder since 2010 , I work with the US international broadcasting as a news anchor , and I go, married before two

years im trying to bring my wife since two years throw a visitor visa and it's not working , I lost to baby's thro her pagnency she lives in

Baghdad and im so confused I've meet two lawyers and they told me I have to apply for her I-130 form which is gonna take 3 years from

now !!!! And it's so hard for us to wait 3 more years , please guys I need you advice , what's the shortest way to come here ..

Many thanks,

and why didn't you file the i130 immediatly when you became a resident? you lost 2 years of precious time, she could have been here in a few months, next year. now you have to file for her and the wait is over 2 years. there is no shorter way for a LPR, unless she comes on a work or student visa.

Timeline

and why didn't you file the i130 immediatly when you became a resident? you lost 2 years of precious time, she could have been here in a few months, next year. now you have to file for her and the wait is over 2 years. there is no shorter way for a LPR, unless she comes on a work or student visa.

She applied for a refugee resatellment before we got married we were waiting for the dession from the UN , untile now theres no response from them , that's why we are looking for another soloution now!

Timeline

She applied for a refugee resatellment before we got married we were waiting for the dession from the UN , untile now theres no response from them , that's why we are looking for another soloution now!

the i130 wouldn't have hurt that petition, so now you have to file the i130 and wait.

Timeline

the i130 wouldn't have hurt that petition, so now you have to file the i130 and wait.

If I apply now for 1-130 can she apply later for visitor visa until she gets her approval I mean is there anyway to come and go back until she gets her paper done?!

Timeline

If I apply now for 1-130 can she apply later for visitor visa until she gets her approval I mean is there anyway to come and go back until she gets her paper done?!

yes, she can always apply, but that doesn't mean she'll get it

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your loss. The I-130 is necessary to get her here quickest with your current immigration status.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Apply for I-130 (F2A-Spouse of LPR/Green Card Holder) as soon as possible. Waiting time is at least 2 YEARS.

She can also apply for a tourist visa before or after you file the i-130 but there's a 50/50 chance she'll get it.

If she gets a tourist visa, she cannot stay beyond 6 months (or the time limit of a tourist visa) because immediate relatives of Green Card Holders cannot adjust status in the US, only immediate relatives of US citizens are allowed to do that.

Good luck.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Apply for I-130 (F2A-Spouse of LPR/Green Card Holder) as soon as possible. Waiting time is at least 2 YEARS.

She can also apply for a tourist visa before or after you file the i-130 but there's a 50/50 chance she'll get it.

If she gets a tourist visa, she cannot stay beyond 6 months (or the time limit of a tourist visa) because immediate relatives of Green Card Holders cannot adjust status in the US, UNLESS THEY ARE IN A LEGAL STATUS THAT ALLOWS THEM TO FILE THE AOS/I-485 I.E. F1...IF NOT only immediate relatives of US citizens are allowed to do that.

Good luck.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I woupd say her chance of obtaing a visitor visa is close to zero.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey sorry to hear ur problem. N I can very well understand what u both r going through cos I have gone thru d same situation. Even I got married in 2009 n tried for visitors visa for whole one year n then in 2010 I applied for I 130. N my dear frnd this is d only way to get her to usa. Now m alnmost done wid process n getting current in 2 months. Good luck to u dear. My of is 16 November 2010.

N yes d chances of getting visitors visa r least

.. still u can try ur luck

PD : NOVEMBER 14TH 2010 !!! Interview 14th march 2013 at New Delhi embassy.

Maan, go to the top of this page and click on the "guides." You need to file a spousal visa for her. Because you are a permanent resident, you'll have to wait awhile. Read on this forum for details.

I would bet a lot of money that she will never be approved for a visitor visa. Why would they give her one? She has a husband in the USA and intends to live here. There's just no chance. You can try, of course, but I think you're wasting the money.

File the spousal visa as soon as you can (if your case is uncomplicated, you don't need a lawyer; you just need to be able to follow instructions very carefully). I wish you the best of luck.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.