noname0

Any chance that I have HIV/AIDS?

45 posts in this topic

Recently I had a Pap test and the doctor told me they found abnormal cells, which are the result of Human Papilloma Virus. This is very likely the cause of cervical cancer. I'm 100% sure I caught the virus from my husband, maybe 2 years ago when he went visit me in my home country and we had sex. I had never had sex before that.

Not until I came here and lived with my husband did I know that he had slept with hundreds of women, he said "more than 200". And he doesn't like condoms.

Now I'm scared. I'm wondering if I have HIV. The nurse at the clinic did take my blood the other day when I got the Pap smear, but I'm not sure if they did an HIV test. It's now too late to call the clinic and I'm too nervous to wait until tomorrow.

Before I came here I had to do a medical exam too, as part of the visa application procedure. I don't really remember if was HIV-tested. If I was then I didn't have HIV back then, that means my husband didn't have HIV when we first met two years ago. He said he didn't sleep with anybody else since.

What do you think?

I'm just panicked!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh dear. i hope everything goes well for you. i wish your husband is there when you get the results from the clinic.

best of luck. (F)

Don't panic just follow up with the treatment that is required and if caught early it will be cured, as far as the HIV your GYN shoukd of

had you tested for everything once the HPV came back positive, Its amazing that 80% of women have it and many are unaware that they have it.

Like I said before it is pertinent thatyou follow all treatment as necesary.It will be ok.

Edited by Wendy javier

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/pap/default.htm

Above is a link on HPV. You can read it and realize that just because you have abnormal cells does not necessarily mean

you have cancer. You may need to be treated so it doesn't turn into cancer later.

You can go tomorrow and get HIV checked if it hasn't been done already with your recent visit.

You should also ask your husband to get checked.

Worrying about it now changes nothing so calm down and try not to upset yourself with negative thoughts.

Discuss your concerns with your doctor in depth so you will be well informed.

Previous sex partners ( and number of ) should be discussed before taking the relationship to the next level and

a transparent disclosure to evaluate compatibility and risk factors are always best talked about before getting involved.

Best wishes (F) and you will likely be just fine.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just take the test and Relieve yourself from this in your mind and yes be concerned.I agree with Ebunoluwa Just because you have this doesn't mean you have cancer.I'm praying for you ...wish you the best (F)

VMnmm7.pngrSeTm7.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Only certain HPV strains cause cervical cancer,first figure out which ones you have, don't panic, as well as you know about it and have it under control, it will all be fine. Good luck, go to a free clinic and see if you can't get tested for all STDs possible. Good luck!

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope everything is well for you. Don't panic and don't be too worry. Wait for the result tomorrow and better if your husband can accompany you. Just keep praying and be positive. Praying for good result!

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Thank you all for your advice and sharing. The pap smear was done two months ago. And two weeks before I saw the doctor again, I don't really remember the technical terms the doctor used because I was too freaked out, but he said something like it was severe. He did LEEP treatment to remove them.

The marriage has been rocky too. I'm very stressed, to be exact, miserable. I have had many health problems since I moved here because of the stressful living condition. Yet, my husband only let me see the gynecologist because I complained about the pain during and after sexual intercourse. He didn't care about my feelings or health; yet, he doesn't want to be accused of raping. Discussions with him about anything are just impossible.

It's just depressing. Sorry for venting. But I really panic! I wish I could go back in time.

Thank you all for your advice and sharing. The pap smear was done two months ago. And two weeks before I saw the doctor again, I don't really remember the technical terms the doctor used because I was too freaked out, but he said something like it was severe. He did LEEP treatment to remove them.

The marriage has been rocky too. I'm very stressed, to be exact, miserable. I have had many health problems since I moved here because of the stressful living condition. Yet, my husband only let me see the gynecologist because I complained about the pain during and after sexual intercourse. He didn't care about my feelings or health; yet, he doesn't want to be accused of raping. Discussions with him about anything are just impossible.

It's just depressing. Sorry for venting. But I really panic! I wish I could go back in time.

It's okay to vent! Sounds like a miserable situation :(. FIRST THING is take care of YOUR health. Find out what is going on with your condition. Get all the blood tests you can for STDs. I can't give you advice on your husband BUT in order for any changes to take place you have to be healthy first. Otherwise, stress can make things a LOT worse.

I wish you all the best in this situation :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Can you call around to the YWCA or women's shelter to see if theirs a support group you can go to. maybe a community of women from your country I don;t know. You need a support group to be around. I am concerned for your mental health.

Please take it easy and take care of you. Okay

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

As a man I know that its iresponsible for a man to be riding bareback these days , with that said you should not panic, try to read up on some of these thiungs HPV does not necessarily means cancer, quit stressing yourself about HIV, but lay down the law no more sex without a condom. What city are U in join the local health clinic & get referred to some group support there, or join a church; start trying to get a life of your own, and U can relate these sexual abuses whether to a social worker or so. At clinic they do 25 mins HIV tests go home tell him Dr says no sex. Try to talk seriously to him to see if there can be any shame or change to his gamme...best wishes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.