Obama 2012

Mitt Romney Just Won The Election - Thanks To Hillary Clinton

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Election OVER. Hook, Line, and Sinker - Hillary just destroyed Obama on foreign policy tonight.

Does she not realize at all what she just did? Actually, know her, she does know what she just did.

The idea that the POTUS didn't know about security issues in Benghazi makes him look incompetent and the Romney campaign is going to destroy all of Obama's credibility on this.

--------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/us/clinton-benghazi/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the buck stops with her when it comes to who is to blame for security ahead of a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru, for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, was the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions.

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.

The attack killed Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans at the consulate.

The Obama administration has been heavily criticized after Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. Following the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

Clinton also sought to downplay the criticism that administration officials continued to say the attack was a spontaneous product of a protest over an anti-Muslim film, a theory that has since been discarded.

In the wake of an attack, there is always "confusion," Clinton said. But the information has since changed, Clinton said in the interview.

The secretary of state also described the desperate scene in the State Department during the hours of the attack on the night of September 10. It was an "intense, long ordeal" as staff tried to find out what had happened.

Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again -- but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped.

"We can't not engage," she said. "We cannot retreat."

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Election OVER. Hook, Line, and Sinker - Hillary just destroyed Obama on foreign policy tonight.

Does she not realize at all what she just did? Actually, know her, she does know what she just did.

The idea that the POTUS didn't know about security issues in Benghazi makes him look incompetent and the Romney campaign is going to destroy all of Obama's credibility on this.

--------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/15/us/clinton-benghazi/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the buck stops with her when it comes to who is to blame for security ahead of a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru, for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, was the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions.

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.

The attack killed Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya, and three other Americans at the consulate.

The Obama administration has been heavily criticized after Vice President Joe Biden said during last week's vice presidential debate that the White House did not know of requests to enhance security at Benghazi, contradicting testimony by State Department employees that requests had been made and rejected. Following the debate, the White House said the vice president did not know of the requests because they were handled, as is the practice, by the State Department.

Clinton also sought to downplay the criticism that administration officials continued to say the attack was a spontaneous product of a protest over an anti-Muslim film, a theory that has since been discarded.

In the wake of an attack, there is always "confusion," Clinton said. But the information has since changed, Clinton said in the interview.

The secretary of state also described the desperate scene in the State Department during the hours of the attack on the night of September 10. It was an "intense, long ordeal" as staff tried to find out what had happened.

Clinton said her mission now is to make sure such an attack will never happen again -- but also that diplomacy, even in dangerous areas like Benghazi, is not stopped.

If you say so. :wacko:

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

--------------------

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

Ok I am in a position I hate, but to be fair I must agree with her. There are over 450 diplomatic missions of the U.S. in the world. There is now way in Hell any President could keep up with the daily security taskings of each mission and all the intricate details associated with that. Heck not even at Hillary's level could she get that involved.

I think what she did was take one for the President.

Nobody hopes he gets defeated more than I do, but to think he should know the daily threat level of over 450 missions, plus do everything else a President does is absurd.

Edited by Run Herschel Run

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Ok I am in a position I hate, but to be fair I must agree with her. There are over 450 diplomatic missions of the U.S. in the world. There is now way in Hell any President could keep up with the daily security taskings of each mission and all the intricate details associated with that. Heck not even at Hillary's level could she get that involved.

Nobody hopes he gets defeated more than I do, but to think he should know the daily threat level of over 450 missions, plus do everything else a President does is absurd.

A bit of honesty at last. Well done. :thumbs:

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Filed: Timeline

If Bill lays the smackdown on Obama, then it will be over. You have to wonder if the Clinton's think Hillary would have a better chance againt Romney in 2016, or a better change against an unknown Republican that gets the nomination. It looks like Obama is so chickenshit, that he will try and hang this on Hillary, or Panetta, or Petraeus, or a combination thereof. Worse part is, like every time one of these things happen, if Obama had just come out on day one, and said, "My bad. Sorry people got killed. I will do better next time," he could have avoided all this #######. Of course, this is nothing different than what the Clinton's have done to others over the years: It has been noted that Bill's path to the Presidency was littered with the dead bodies of their closest friends and political allies.

Edited by The Patriot

The president gets a daily brief (a document). If he actually read his daily brief, he might have known. The vice president is also responsible for attending the NSC meetings. Between the two of them, if neither was kept abreast of the situation in Libya and Benghazi, or any other significant security situation in the world, it would be because neither one was paying attention to the situation, not that neither was not briefed on the situation.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What you say is true and what you say could be said of any complex government opertion that is an administrative function, and the DOS is an administrative function. Bottom line is the buck does NOT stop with Hillary. She can fall on her sword, the same way Brown did after Katrina but it was Bush that ultimately got the blame.

However, things being what they are, Obama supporters are not going to jump ship over this because, to be honest, most of them do not care. Yes, it is a scandal. Yes, it is an indicator of foreign policy weakness. Most people will say "so what?" and move on to the jobs or economy or whatever they are concerned with which is not the embassy in Ben...what? Where?

He will take some hits in the foeign policy debate and that may sway some undecideds and if he loses by a narrow margin this may be A reason...but it is not necessarily a disaster.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

The president gets a daily brief (a document). If he actually read his daily brief, he might have known. The vice president is also responsible for attending the NSC meetings. Between the two of them, if neither was kept abreast of the situation in Libya and Benghazi, or any other significant security situation in the world, it would be because neither one was paying attention to the situation, not that neither was not briefed on the situation.

Unless you have a copy of said briefing, and a copy of a denial signed by Obama, you don't have much more than bluster.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Not quite. <_<

Secretary of State Clinton is quite correct when she asserts that it is the State Department that is responsible for security arrangements at US embassies and consular missions overseas. Her acceptance of responsibility for the failings at Benghazi will deflect some of the negative attention there.

We will have to wait and see whether Governor Romney uses the obvious line of attack, or focuses on the protracted dissembling of the actual sequence of events, the deflection of blame from those actually responsible and the realization that Al Qaeda were not diminished with the death of Osama bin Laden.

It will be interesting to see whether the President shows up tomorrow night. His answers, if the right questions are asked, could have a major effect on the electorate's view on foreign policy, where the President currently has a distinct advantage.

Don't interrupt me when I'm talking to myself

2011-11-15.garfield.png

Unless you have a copy of said briefing, and a copy of a denial signed by Obama, you don't have much more than bluster.

Keep grasping at straws. There are only short ones left. If Obama didn't know, it would be because he didn't want to know. I thought you were ex/current military. You should know what a commander's responsibilities are. If Obama doesn't want to do, that part of the job he elected to do, perhaps it is time to elect a new commander-in-chief.

We see, therefore, that war is not merely an act of policy but a true political instrument, a continuation of political intercourse carried on with other means. -- Clausewitz

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

:huh: i can see why the second one isn't, but why not the first?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

:huh: i can see why the second one isn't, but why not the first?

The government is too large to operate without a large amount of delegation. Nothing will happen if the President has to be involved in every decision made by government employees.

Routine security decisions involving US embassies and consulates should be primarily handled by the State Department and the President and Congress should make sure they have the resources they need to do their jobs.

keTiiDCjGVo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The government is too large to operate without a large amount of delegation. Nothing will happen if the President has to be involved in every decision made by government employees.

Routine security decisions involving US embassies and consulates should be primarily handled by the State Department and the President and Congress should make sure they have the resources they need to do their jobs.

given the warnings ahead of time, this was anything but routine.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

A bit of honesty at last. Well done. :thumbs:

Thank you..P.S.Biden should try it. Cause it also was not an inelegance failure.