LA NEGRA

Have any one with k-1 done this??

19 posts in this topic

So it says on Santodomingo/usem.gov/examination/ vaccination that vaccination are not required for a k-1 visa but will need them to AOS so my question is can I get away with a fisical only to get k-1 visa approved then once my fiancé gets here to US he can get vaccination before AOS?

I want te hear from people that have had this experience plz... Any advice will be appreciated!

Edited by LA NEGRA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

So it says on Santodomingo/usem.gov/examination/ vaccination that vaccination are not required for a k-1 visa but will need them to AOS so my question is can I get away with a fisical only to get k-1 visa approved then once my fiancé gets here to US he can get vaccination before AOS?

I want te hear from people that have had this experience plz... Any advice will be appreciated!

Well i know that technically the vaccinations are only required for AOS, but at least in Colombia they will not pass you unless you have them, I guess they figure you will AOS eventually so they make you have them for visa. I fought this but lost, seems the consulate holds all the cards.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If you doubt me, read all of the posts in the AOS forums and from my personal experience. Have her get ALL of the required vaccinations done at her medical and get a copy of the DS-3025. If you don't you will face what many people have, first just the cost of the vaccinations, then finding a civil surgeon who will fill out an I-693 at a reasonable cost--without wanting to charge you for another full physical exam. Trust me it I thought like you did and it was a pain in the a***.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The answer to your question is YES, unless in Dominican Republic they do things like in Colombia (as Ron pointed out).

And Phil is also right when it comes to costs.

So, it's your decision, basically.

In the Philippines, it's not required to get vaccination during the medical exam but I'm making Mike get what are age-related vaccines. It comes with the fee already and to make sure to get the copy of DS-3025. He didn't get the copy of other vaccinations he got while he was working in Taiwan and South Korea so I'm assuming the Civil Surgeon in San Diego will re-administer those since he doesn't have proof of getting them.

I say get it 'coz it will be costly to get them all here in the US. What I'm not sure of is if the applicant's under the USC's medical insurance if they could get it from their Primary Physician or only with the Civil Surgeon?

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sure you can. And pay more for the vaccines AND pay more for a Civil Surgeon to complete for I-693 AND delay your filing of the AOS while you do that, instead of getting form DS3025 for free and vaccines for free and being ready to file AOS immediately upon marriage.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

First look at the requirements from your insurance they may not cover immuzations for travel or immigration purpose.

Second the civil surgeon probably isn't covered in your network of doctors.

Trying to shave off a couple of dollars now may end up costing you more in US dollars later.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Another thing to consider is if you have never had ANY vacinations ,some require a series of shots to be considered complete and you would have to delay AOS and EAD until after the series is complete.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Another thing to consider is if you have never had ANY vacinations ,some require a series of shots to be considered complete and you would have to delay AOS and EAD until after the series is complete.

This is not true, there is a box to check for "insufficient interval between doses." It does not delay the AOS.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

My sister just submitted her AOS for her husband who forgot to get the form that showed his shots. So through her insurance he got all of the shots again (no cost to her), per the I-485 it states for a k-1 visa who had a medical examination within the past year only need to submit a vaccination supplement, not the entire medical report (which from my understanding the vaccination report is on a different form) and this may be included with the I-485, it did not say anything about that supplement being from a civil surgeon or signed of by a civil surgeon. My sister included the current shot record from her doctors office with her packet. Now the question is will the civil surgeon in the DR not fill out the I-693 with out the shots. You can call and ask them that here is there info: Consultorios de Visa TEL: (809) 685-1587 nfo@consultoriosdevisa.com. Also ask them if he already has his shots does he need to just bring his shot record and that is fine. If they say yes, have him go to a clinic in his area because the shots will be A LOT cheaper and depending on where he goes they may even be free. And call the USCIS and get clarification on what the vaccinations requirements are for the AOS. Just to be on the safe side as well. I will keep you posted as to what I find out since I am planning on taking this same route as well because my fiance has his shot record and any that he is missing the plan is to get them at the clinic through his insurance. So I will be making the same calls. Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Why cause a potential problem or issue when it needs to get done, do it call it good and it over. My wife complained also but in the end she found out it was easier and cheaper getting everything done during the K1 process.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Why cause a potential problem or issue when it needs to get done, do it call it good and it over. My wife complained also but in the end she found out it was easier and cheaper getting everything done during the K1 process.

In the DR the vaccinations are not included in the price of the exam they are extra. So it is not about causing a problem or issue it is about what can be made cost effective. Most fees for the visa process are written in stone so to speak so if there is something you can do to lessen the cost I say try it. So it's not about trying to get out of getting the vaccinations it's about seeing if you can do the same process for less money. I am a firm believer a closed mouth don't get fed...meaning if don't ask you don't know. By no means would I want anyone including myself to do something that will cost them more money, problems or a negative result in their visa process. All I am saying is if there are options to a step in the visa process look into it before you dismiss it.

Here is is a link from other vj members that have done this.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/24863-getting-vaccinations-for-aos-requirement-at-health-clinic/

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Filed: Timeline

In the DR the vaccinations are not included in the price of the exam they are extra. So it is not about causing a problem or issue it is about what can be made cost effective. Most fees for the visa process are written in stone so to speak so if there is something you can do to lessen the cost I say try it. So it's not about trying to get out of getting the vaccinations it's about seeing if you can do the same process for less money. I am a firm believer a closed mouth don't get fed...meaning if don't ask you don't know. By no means would I want anyone including myself to do something that will cost them more money, problems or a negative result in their visa process. All I am saying is if there are options to a step in the visa process look into it before you dismiss it.

Here is is a link from other vj members that have done this.

http://www.visajourn...-health-clinic/

:thumbs:

This is another one of my pet peeves on VJ.

K1 doesn't require vaccinations. You can get vaccinated here in the US for AOS.

My insurance comapny promoted vaccinations because they want a healthy customer base. People have reproted fees as low as $60 for stateside penal exam.

It's not all about saving money but priortizing to dos.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.