LA NEGRA

Have any one with k-1 done this??

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

:thumbs:

This is another one of my pet peeves on VJ.

K1 doesn't require vaccinations. You can get vaccinated here in the US for AOS.

My insurance comapny promoted vaccinations because they want a healthy customer base. People have reproted fees as low as $60 for stateside penal exam.

It's not all about saving money but priortizing to dos.

It has turned into a peeve for me also, because as you have pointed out numerous times...K-1 does not require vaccinations, but what do you do when the examining doctor and the embassy say you need them or they will deny the visa. This is what happened to us and we spent an extra several hundred dollars going back and forth between doctor and embassy trying to get them to follow what the USCIS guidelines are. But it ended up being vaccines or no visa.

:thumbs:

This is another one of my pet peeves on VJ.

K1 doesn't require vaccinations. You can get vaccinated here in the US for AOS.

My insurance comapny promoted vaccinations because they want a healthy customer base. People have reproted fees as low as $60 for stateside penal exam.

It's not all about saving money but priortizing to dos.

Exactly my point. And for those of us that have the money for the visa process but because of other obligations i.e, mortgage/rent,car note, food, etc. find it some what of a strain to pay for everything at onetime which is what happens once you get to NOA2. If the costs can be lessened or even stretched out over the period of the process that is better for some. Those who can afford to pay for everything at one time if that is best for you, then by all means do that. For those that would like a different option here is what I have found out. After speaking with several different agents at the USCIS I was told with the K and V visa vaccinations are not required for entering the US, however at the point of AOS, if vaccinations are received in the US you WILL have to have a civil surgeon update partI and 5 of the I-693 showing vaccinations no new exam needed as long as exam has not expired. Now I don't know about other states because I did not check, but for the state of Michigan the fee is $150 to update the form and have a tb test done(# number for 1 of the 5 doctors offices that I called in different areas of Michigan and they all had same fee and process 734-374-0500 for anyone that maybe in this area and this info can benefit them :) ) . You must wait 48hrs for the results to come back and at that time they will give you the form filled out and signed. So it is somewhat cheaper and you can stretch out the cost if you so need too. And even better if you can get the vaccinations done at a clinic in the home country(much cheaper) and take that record even better. But in the event they will not except an outside shot record and demand they give the vaccinations know that they can be refused and you can go a different route. Again, this way may not be for everyone. This information is just to let everyone know there are options. :D

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

It has turned into a peeve for me also, because as you have pointed out numerous times...K-1 does not require vaccinations, but what do you do when the examining doctor and the embassy say you need them or they will deny the visa. This is what happened to us and we spent an extra several hundred dollars going back and forth between doctor and embassy trying to get them to follow what the USCIS guidelines are. But it ended up being vaccines or no visa.

In those cases and countries it is unfortunate and you are stuck!! And if the exam fee includes vaccinations I could even understand them not letting you refuse them since they are needed in the end. What will work for some will not always work for others. But you did at least try. :)

Our Journey
6/13/2012 Sent I-129F package
6/14/2012 NOA1 --> California Service Center
9/25/2012 NOA2
10/01/2012 NOA2 Hardcopy received
10/01/2012 NVC Received
10/19/2012 Left NVC
11/30/2012 Picked-up Packet from Local Post Office
01/16/2013 Medical
01/23/2013 Interview - In AP

09/24/2013 Visa picked-up from DOMEX
10/10/2013 POE Ft. Lauderdale

10/28/2013 Applied for Social Security Number

01/01/2014 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

heart_28.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.