I AM NOT THAT GUY

The Say Anything Thread -- Take 15

1,110 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is the thing I love most about volunteers. Not only do they selflessly devote their personal time for others, they never stop spreading awareness among their peers of the fact that they are going to, or are, or will, or have, done so.

good.gif

This is the thing I love most about volunteers. Not only do they selflessly devote their personal time for others, they never stop spreading awareness among their peers of the fact that they are going to, or are, or will, or have, done so.

laughing.gif

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Why volunteer for something you should get paid for? Commies suck. Capitalism rules.

Because it brings you benefit by making you feel good.

You don't need cash in return for services, but there should be some sort of benefit according to those silly Capitalist sorts.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Timeline

Because it brings you benefit by making you feel good.

You don't need cash in return for services, but there should be some sort of benefit according to those silly Capitalist sorts.

I can eat chocolate and feel good.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Why volunteer for something you should get paid for? Commies suck. Capitalism rules.

I think it's spectacular that this immigrant couple are actually volunteering for something together. The husband never did, before they were married, and I'll betcha she found a volunteering opportunity that interested her, and goaded him into taking off work that day and hanging out with her.

It's always best when a couple can do this, together, always.

Still, I understand yer POV - time is money, in my book, always.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Before my wife got her EAD I brought up volunteering to keep her from being bored at home. Her reaction was exactly like your's, not doing something drove her crazy but working for free was even more insane!

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Timeline

Before my wife got her EAD I brought up volunteering to keep her from being bored at home. Her reaction was exactly like your's, not doing something drove her crazy but working for free was even more insane!

I told my wife I wanted her to send out ten resumes a day. I was lucky if she did one every two weeks. I usually dropped her at the library, or the jobs center, or an old friend of mine's house where she could hang with his Filipina wife. My business is outcall, so when I am working, I could either let her ride along with me to some interesting places, or drop her off somewhere, and pick her up on the way back. Funny thing is, she finally got a job at the one place I picked out for her, but she was reluctant to apply for, until I finally goaded her into doing so. She is still working there.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Got some new games in the games forum ~ groovy

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Benny doesn't understand the concept of volunteering. If he's not paid for it he doesn't want to do it.

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

volunteer306728072.jpg

Cassi & Benny's Important Dates

4/19/07 - Met Online ***** 8/12/08 - K1 Visa Received (191 days between NOA1 & receipt)
11/9/08 - MARRIED *****
2/9/09 - EAD Received (78 days between NOA1 & receipt)

4/11/09 - Green Card Received (139 days between NOA1 & receipt)
5/21/11 - 10Y Green Card Received (127 days between NOA1 & receipt)

5/16/13 - Bought our house

9/26/13 Oath (114 days between NOA1 & ceremony)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The thing everyone is overlooking (perhaps deliberately) is that there are other things that have value in addition to money. Sometimes volunteering provides you with benefits money can't give. If you want some more tangible benefits, volunteering is still an excellent way to gain experience as well as provide exposure for your marketable skills to someone who may not have a job available now but will have in the future. I obtained one of my best jobs ever because I had volunteered somewhere and my future employer remembered the quality of the work I did and when a job became available, I was his first choice.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!