28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

NVC closed case on 16 AUG 2012 and still no interview yet

I am going crazy I hate THISSSSSSSSSSS

I called the NVC they told me to wait these people do not have a clue how hard it is

YOU CAN'T JUST TELL UR HEART SHUT UP AND WAIT

I'M Mad

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dealing with government red tape is very difficult. Good thing for you is that the long waiting is already behind. Hang in there.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Be patient some people on this journey have to wait two or more months... Your longest wait is over...This will be short and quick....Just focus on seeing your loved one sooner then later.....Good LUck...

It could be worse---- i"ve waited two years denied fiance visa and had to go through with marriage over seas....But still waiting...I know soon I'll be with my husband so smile and breath.... :thumbs: Goodluck

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I called the NVC they told me to wait these people do not have a clue how hard it is

I'M Mad

This is my 9th month and my interview will be in my 11th month, its been a long journey.

How will they not ask you to wait, you are from Yemen. Look out of your window, can u make it to the US embassy in one piece? The US embassy has ordered its staff out of Yemen, Tunisia and sudan, so yours might be a longer wait. Sorry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

No it is not easy. It is agonizing sometimes. I truly empathize with you.

Hang in there, you can do it. Many others have and many others will, as you will also.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Timeline

This is my 9th month and my interview will be in my 11th month, its been a long journey.

How will they not ask you to wait, you are from Yemen. Look out of your window, can u make it to the US embassy in one piece? The US embassy has ordered its staff out of Yemen, Tunisia and sudan, so yours might be a longer wait. Sorry.

If I was in yemen I wouldn't care that much cuz I'm with my husband

but I am in cali I haven't seen him in a year and 9 months thats why I am so frustrated

we don't have to pay for what the others did and no the US embassy in Yemen is still opened

Thanks and good luck to u

No it is not easy. It is agonizing sometimes. I truly empathize with you.

Hang in there, you can do it. Many others have and many others will, as you will also.

I know but the wait kills

being from the middle east makes every step so hard

Timeline

Be patient some people on this journey have to wait two or more months... Your longest wait is over...This will be short and quick....Just focus on seeing your loved one sooner then later.....Good LUck...

It could be worse---- i"ve waited two years denied fiance visa and had to go through with marriage over seas....But still waiting...I know soon I'll be with my husband so smile and breath.... :thumbs: Goodluck

:crying: OMG I am such a cry baby :blush:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

They did NOT close the embassy in Yemen. Just Sudan and Tunisia. There are, however, 50+ US Marines stationed there to boost security. And the protests that took place in Sanaa have been blown way out of proportion. Many of the protesters were high school and even elementary school aged kids. Look at the photos and you'll see mostly teenagers. They burned some tires and tried to climb the outer-most fence so the security forces shot at them. In my opinion the Yemeni security forces acted very professionally and contained the situation. Saturday was calm.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

I'M Mad

Your number will come up soon, hun! I know what you're going through. The embassy is in crisis mode right now but I believe soon they will get back to business as usual. Praying for you and your husband!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process to CR-1 Progress. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

:crying: OMG I am such a cry baby :blush:

Hi there

My case closed 16th of August too and I still haven't heard about an interview. The NVC is still scheduling interviews so hang in there!!

We will get there soon enough :)

Edited by Safety Chick

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Good luck to you all :yes: .

In times like these.... a magic wand pointed at the NVC,CSC,VSC and all the others would be so adequate to make things happen the way they should ! :lol:

Edited by KASH2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi there

My case closed 16th of August too and I still haven't heard about an interview. The NVC is still scheduling interviews so hang in there!!

We will get there soon enough :)

I read on some other post that NVC is going to schedule interviews till 20th Sep, is that true?

USCIS:

12/06/2011 - Married

01/17/2012 - I-130 Sent

01/18/2012 - NOA1 Date

07/30/2012 - NOA2 Email Received (194 Days since NOA1)

NVC:

07/30/2012 - Case arrived at NVC building

08/20/2012 - Received case #, IIN, gave both e-mail addresses

08/20/2012 - E-mailed DS-3032 (used email template & also attached scanned copy)

08/27/2012 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID online

08/28/2012 - AOS bill appears as PAID

08/29/2012 - DS-3032 accepted

08/30/2012 - IV bill invoiced & PAID online

08/31/2012 - IV bill appears as PAID

08/31/2012 - AOS Package sent (via priority mail)

08/31/2012 - IV Package sent (via priority mail)

09/04/2012 - NVC received both packets (due to weekend & labor day holiday)

09/11/2012 - AOS/I-864 accepted

09/17/2012 - RFE for DS-230 ques 30

09/19/2012 - Mailed new DS-230 by overnight mail

09/21/2012 - New DS-230 delivered at NVC

10/01/2012 - IV Package accepted

10/01/2012 - Case Complete

10/02/2012 - Interview date assigned by email

Mumbai Consulate:

10/05/2012 - Medical Done (Got the report on same day)

11/07/2012 - Interview @ Mumbai Consulate (Result: APPROVED)

11/09/2012 - Passport Pick up

11/22/2012 - POE Atlanta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

After a month of waiting for the documents to go through NVC my fiance called them, and they told him, they haven't got our petition yet, and later that same day he got a letter from them, saying our case is sent to the Embassy in Sofia, so I know it's hard to wait, but the interwiew is comming sooner than you think, may be! Just wait a little bit more :)

as1cMab0g001210MDAwMTg3NHN8MDAwOTdzfFNpbmNlIE5PQTE.gif

an1cMgK0g411210MDA4ODIwbHwwMDAwMTNkYXxTaW5jZSBOT0Ey.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Really it sucks. I just can't understand what the problem is that in this great nation of the United States of America with all the technology available what is the hold up here?! Why why why do they take soooooooooo long? People lives and hearts and time are on the line. Real human beings, I just don't understand.

Edited by sarsorti

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.