28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: France
Timeline

Really it sucks. I just can't understand what the problem is that in this great nation of the United States of America with all the technology available what is the hold up here?! Why why why do they take soooooooooo long? People lives and hearts and time are on the line. Real human beings, I just don't understand.

Because they're also real human beings, and they can't work 24 hours a day.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

They did NOT close the embassy in Yemen. Just Sudan and Tunisia. There are, however, 50+ US Marines stationed there to boost security. And the protests that took place in Sanaa have been blown way out of proportion. Many of the protesters were high school and even elementary school aged kids. Look at the photos and you'll see mostly teenagers. They burned some tires and tried to climb the outer-most fence so the security forces shot at them. In my opinion the Yemeni security forces acted very professionally and contained the situation. Saturday was calm.

Amazing how the news just blows it all out of proportion for sensationalismOff-Topic2.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Expect more delays. My sister got scheduled at the end of september and that was 2 weeks ago, with what is going on, they will contact her to reschedule.

Your case was done AUG 16, almost a month, give it another two weeks to hear back about an interview time which most likely wont be before Nov if lucky.

I do not meant to carry bad news, but with all what is going on there, and the closings (they closed 3 business days already with no further information when they will resume) I would expect your interview toward Dec.

Good luck

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

At least you're at the NVC stage of things. It will go rather quickly compared to what you had to go through. We are at 5 months now waiting for NOA2 for our K-1 petition and will more than likely wait another month or two because of the VSC backlog. Some things and timing(in our case) are unfortunate, but there is nothing we can do about it. Sometimes, there is nothing the government can do about it either. The bigger picture is larger than us or government red tape, but it is what it is, and we all have to endure it. You'll be with each other so find a punching bag or something in the meantime. You'll get some exercise and relieve your stress at the same time.

Edited by ToddnJessa

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

NVC closed case on 16 AUG 2012 and still no interview yet

I am going crazy I hate THISSSSSSSSSSS

I called the NVC they told me to wait these people do not have a clue how hard it is

YOU CAN'T JUST TELL UR HEART SHUT UP AND WAIT

I'M Mad

If you look at my timeline... My case completed NVC on your exact date one year ago... I also did not get the interview when the early September interviews rolled around so I know exactly how you feel.. I was so livid.. Finally when the next month rolled around I was scheduled (it shows the last day of September - I was calling everyday of course). The NVC is not going to schedule again for a couple more weeks so find something to do with yourself until Oct 1 rolls around and start calling the ####### out of them again.

It will feel amazing when you get that interview date and it will happen.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

NVC closed case on 16 AUG 2012 and still no interview yet

I am going crazy I hate THISSSSSSSSSSS

YOU CAN'T JUST TELL UR HEART SHUT UP AND WAIT

I'M Mad

Hold tight, you still may make this months interview schedule. NVC says they are scheduling through the 20th this month. They just started back up last Thursday (see October Interview Forum and you'll see what I mean). The flood gates seem to be open now...and if not this month, probably most definitely next month. I promise you, this particular wait seems longer because you are anticipating getting back to your spouse, but its not extremely long. I used my time cleaning out dressors and closets to make room for my baby. Kept me occupied. Good luck to you! God bless!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

its not an easy road. but it will all be over soon, continue to hold strong :thumbs:

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Because they're also real human beings, and they can't work 24 hours a day.

It's true they cannot work 24 hrs a day, however there is a solution, as so many people are in need of a job in these hard economic times maybe they should consider hiring enough staff to handle the case loads or back logs. That would kill three birds with one stone. Employment to qualified Americans in need of work, which would in turn decrease back logs and then hopeful people who are desperately in love don't have to wait for bureaucracy to take it's sweet time. Just sayin...

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Timeline

It's true they cannot work 24 hrs a day, however there is a solution, as so many people are in need of a job in these hard economic times maybe they should consider hiring enough staff to handle the case loads or back logs. That would kill three birds with one stone. Employment to qualified Americans in need of work, which would in turn decrease back logs and then hopeful people who are desperately in love don't have to wait for bureaucracy to take it's sweet time. Just sayin...

That would raise the fees people pay during the process, then people would complain that it's too expensive.

Timeline

That would raise the fees people pay during the process, then people would complain that it's too expensive.

Really I would rather pay more than wait so long, but that's just me. I know if you have enough money,in the neighborhood of 500k the government will allow an alien to enter the U.S. under the premise of starting a new business therefore creating new jobs. I understand the need for security and the process, just cannot understand the time frame. How long does it really take to unfold a persons history and scrutinize their intentions given the advanced technology of today? Seriously, we are talking about a government institution, if the FBI or CIA wanted to know something about someone do you really think it would take them 5 to 7 months? I don't think so. Just one more point, how many times do you think they get to keep the non-refundable fees when struggling people are denied and have to start over, or even the ones who apply for a tourist visa while waiting for the k1 just to have a visit? Given the volume of applications and multiply that by the fees(denied or approved)seems to me they are making more $ than the average bear. For some people waiting for the k1 and trying to visit in between, which by the way is $160 excluding time and travel expense to the embassy, are usually denied even though they require that you spend time together. Truly it can be a frustrating and mind boggling process. I realize some people have a better experience than others and I honestly cannot say how mine is going yet because I am just getting started, it's the waiting that's the worst...at least I hope that's the worst.

May God bless and keep you always~ May your wishes all come true~ May you always do for others~ And let others do for you~

May you build a ladder to the stars~ And climb on every rung~May you stay forever young

Bob Dylan

Timeline

Really I would rather pay more than wait so long, but that's just me. I know if you have enough money,in the neighborhood of 500k the government will allow an alien to enter the U.S. under the premise of starting a new business therefore creating new jobs. I understand the need for security and the process, just cannot understand the time frame. How long does it really take to unfold a persons history and scrutinize their intentions given the advanced technology of today? Seriously, we are talking about a government institution, if the FBI or CIA wanted to know something about someone do you really think it would take them 5 to 7 months? I don't think so. Just one more point, how many times do you think they get to keep the non-refundable fees when struggling people are denied and have to start over, or even the ones who apply for a tourist visa while waiting for the k1 just to have a visit? Given the volume of applications and multiply that by the fees(denied or approved)seems to me they are making more $ than the average bear. For some people waiting for the k1 and trying to visit in between, which by the way is $160 excluding time and travel expense to the embassy, are usually denied even though they require that you spend time together. Truly it can be a frustrating and mind boggling process. I realize some people have a better experience than others and I honestly cannot say how mine is going yet because I am just getting started, it's the waiting that's the worst...at least I hope that's the worst.

The thing is, it's not one person, I'm guessing it's several hundred thousand people a year, possibly a couple of millions. If each person sends about 100 pages of documents (Some send more, some send less) that's potentially hundreds of millions of documents to input, organize, move around (Lockbox-Service Center-NVC-Embassy), study, verify, etc...

Is it a slow process? yes, but raising the fees to make it faster would be discriminating to people who are less wealthy, and then people would complain that you're only allowed to live with your loved one if you can afford really high fees.

Edited by danzz

Timeline

The thing is, it's not one person, I'm guessing it's several hundred thousand people a year, possibly a couple of millions. If each person sends about 100 pages of documents (Some send more, some send less) that's potentially hundreds of millions of documents to input, organize, move around (Lockbox-Service Center-NVC-Embassy), study, verify, etc...

Is it a slow process? yes, but raising the fees to make it faster would be discriminating to people who are less wealthy, and then people would complain that you're only allowed to live with your loved one if you can afford really high fees.

This is true, it should not be a huge expense to be with the ones you love, and I am not one of the fortunate few that could afford to pay bookoos of money. I just wish it were a bit easier, that's all, and I am sure that is the wish of every person here.

Bob Dylan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.