IronAngel

Put life on hold?

47 posts in this topic

Hello,

Our first post here. Yes we filed in Feb this year and are still waiting for an approval. Vermont....

Anyway, my wife and I have literally put our lives on hold. We won't buy a home as there is a chance that we can be disapproved. What are the odds of disapproval? We never needed to provide more evidence and have not had an interview.

I just looked at the September 2011 filers and they still have only 57% approved! We are seriously considering moving back to the UK...

I blame Obama's government...

Thanks for support.

Steve and Maria :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

Our first post here. Yes we filed in Feb this year and are still waiting for an approval. Vermont....

Anyway, my wife and I have literally put our lives on hold. We won't buy a home as there is a chance that we can be disapproved. What are the odds of disapproval? We never needed to provide more evidence and have not had an interview.

I just looked at the September 2011 filers and they still have only 57% approved! We are seriously considering moving back to the UK...

Thanks for support.

The approval rates on here is based on the fact that probably 43% of September filers didn't return to this website to update their timelines after approval. A good chunk of people who once they are approved, never come back to share their stories with us or update us on their AOS status or ROC. That doesn't mean that they weren't approved. It just means that they didn't update their VJ timeline. VJ timeline updates have to be done manually as they are not automatically done from USCIS or the Embassy.

Not to mention, I'm sure there were a few who ended the K1 process and went to Spousal Visa route or even broke up. It happens. Nothing is 100% certain in life.

Just be patient my friend. I know the wait is terrible, but it builds you stronger. I once heard a very intelligent VJer say "If you can make it through the immigration process and be even more in love then when you started, you can get through anything."

Good luck :)

K-1 VISA ADVENTURE:
04-01-2012: Engaged in Detroit, Michigan at Comerica Park!
USCIS
05-02-2012: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
05-14-2012: Received Physical NOA1
08-09-2012: Received Physical NOA2
Montreal Embassy
08-21-2012: Package 3
09-06-2012: Package 4
11-12-2012: Medical in Toronto, Ontario (Approved-Went Well! Tip: Make sure you have ALL of your vaccinations up to date when you go to your medical exam! It CAN delay things.
11-19-2012: Interview in Montreal (APPROVED!!)
11-21-2012: Received Passport and Visa Package Back From Montreal (DHL/LOOMIS OPENED OUR SEALED ENVELOPE! SENT BACK TO MONTREAL ON 11-23-2012 TO BE RESEALED)
12-04-2012: Recevied resealed Visa package from Montreal
12-23-2012: POE: Port Huron, Michigan (Everything Went Great!)
02-16-2013: Wedding Date! We're MARRIED!

AOS

06-18-2013: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

06-20-2013: USPS Estimating Package Should Arrive in Chicago

06-24-2013: Received NOA Text and Emails for All Applications

06-27-2013: Received Physical NOAs for AOS, EAD and AP

07-16-2013: Biometrics Appointment

07-29-2013: I-485 Ready for Interview to Be Scheduled!!! YAY!!!! (No EXTREMELY Long Wait!)

08-02-2013: Received Mail with Interview Date!

09-03-2013: Interview in Detroit, Michigan (APPROVED!)

09-04-2013: EAD/AP Approved! (Even though it no longer matters because GC was approved the day before)

09-09-2013: Green Card mailed out via USPS 2-Day Air

09-11-2013: Received 2 Year Conditional Green Card in the Mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I say get on with yer lives.

Never put anything on hold, when yer sleeping nekkid in the bed with yer spouse.

Never.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

Thanks for support.

Ok I looked at the Sept 11 filers and didn't see yours up there ?? what have you done to find out what's going on ? it would be good for you to make an InfoPass appointment and go to face to face with a IO. Bottom line is you need to hang in there, you have come this far and you will be fine.

Edited by GA-guy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I say get on with yer lives.

Never put anything on hold, when yer sleeping nekkid in the bed with yer spouse.

Never.

If I were sleeping nekkid (LOL) in the bed with my fiance right now, I'd be holding a little bit of everything! ;)

M

event.png

event.png

NOA1 2/5/13 for AOS from K1

Biometrics 3/1/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For removal of conditions the burden actually goes the opposite way. They can ask for more evidence but they would have to show you aren't bonafide to deny you. Eventually you will be approved if you are bonafide.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Why on earth would you put your lives on hold? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. And politics has nothing to do with it -- immigration was a pain in the rear four years ago too, with USCIS offices backed up and clogged. You can check the VJ archives if you don't believe me.

My wife and I have changed cities, I've worked two different jobs, then committed to going back to college full-time...all in the 2.5 years I've lived here. I'm not expecting the ROC process to end in deportation, because it's extremely improbable that that will be the case. So buy a house, settle down, go through the immigration motions like everyone else, and move on!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This very weekend, I expect to attend a function where my Congressman will attend. USCIS blew off his immigration-liaison staffer in regard to my question of "what effect will the Deferred Action processing have on traditional-petition processing" at the USCIS service centers. If the Congressman has no answer, he can write an official Congressional letter of inquiry, which USCIS will NOT be permitted to blow off.

I'll find out and will report ASAP.

If the Deferred Action program is a chief part of any holdup at the service centers, then THAT'S what 0bama will have had to do with it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.