i'm-in-love

this process is upsetting me...

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone,

i came here in US by fiance visa last year and i thought that now I'm here, things go smoothly. My hubby and i filed for my AOS and EAD last May and till now there's no updates with my status after my biometrics. i can't do anything here, i feel like i'm stranded here; can't even look for a job because i'm not allowed yet. Feel so bad with my situation. My hubby is helping me to lessen my anxiety by gardening, designing woman's accessories, doing scrapbook etc... but i guess its not working anymore. whenever hubby and i go shopping, man!i feel so ashamed that he's getting stuffs for me; i wanna get it for myself and or get some presents for him and also if ever i wanna buy something i don't need to bother him . this is nuts!is there someone out there have the situation like mine? or anybody can at least share their experience how'd they handle this kind of situation? it'll be much better if they can tell me how am i going to get a job:) i really need to make money...

thanks!

ps

i wanna get a job (earn money) because i don't wanna be a burden for him especially now he got a problem at work :(

i love him so much and i just wanna help him...

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

As far as I am aware EAD and AP should only take a few months (2-4) so you are possibly still within processing times if it was this May? Greencard in hand is another story.

Do you have a case number that you can check, have you registered on the USCIS website for updates?

I am sure someone with experience on this process will be able to chime in.

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

As far as I am aware EAD and AP should only take a few months (2-4) so you are possibly still within processing times if it was this May? Greencard in hand is another story.

Do you have a case number that you can check, have you registered on the USCIS website for updates?

I am sure someone with experience on this process will be able to chime in.

yep i have case number and i always check my status in USCIS so no need to register. we filed my AOS & EAD first and second week of May. I'm focusing on how am i going to get a job even if its under the table :)

anyway thank you for your response :))

uIO9p8.png

9zfVQ.gif

yep i have case number and i always check my status in USCIS so no need to register. we filed my AOS & EAD first and second week of May. I'm focusing on how am i going to get a job even if its under the table :)

anyway thank you for your response :))

Definitely do not go that route. It's illegal and would cause way more problems than what you're currently experiencing.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Hi... we're still processing our papers for K1 visa now... and i can understand how u feel, feeling stuck there and no work, no income of ur own... i can suggest, y do u find an online job...

I've been working online for 4 yrs now and i could still myself working online when i get there... it will keep u busy and at the same time ul have income of ur own...

check out this site, its www.odesk.com ... its legit and not a scam....

good luck and hope ul find this info helpful... :)

Hi... we're still processing our papers for K1 visa now... and i can understand how u feel, feeling stuck there and no work, no income of ur own... i can suggest, y do u find an online job...

I've been working online for 4 yrs now and i could still myself working online when i get there... it will keep u busy and at the same time ul have income of ur own...

check out this site, its www.odesk.com ... its legit and not a scam....

good luck and hope ul find this info helpful... :)

:bonk:

Except she is not currently authorized to work in the U.S. Please don't suggest an option that advises someone to do something illegal.

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Filed: Timeline

We are in the same boat, and have more patience, we have no control of the government here,(no under the table here),sorry, i make busy with myself at home to avoid burdum, house maker is a job as well.. i know how you feel, i just hope and pray we will have a good news sooner or later ,,,your husband will understand your needs, i want a job as well but i have nothing to do this time but wait until i got my EAD. Goodluck Kabayan...

A few more weeks and you should have your EAD. Definitely do not "work under the table" ... it's illegal. Work when you're able to. I understand how it feels. I moved in September and didn't start working until March. I felt like such a burden, and hated depending on my husband for everything. It's a part of the process though, and your husband sounds like he is very supportive. You'll be able to work shortly. A little more patience and you'll be able to put this all behind you and get work the LEGAL way.

Your feeling helpless and wanting to work is completely normal. Nobody wants to feel useless.

You can look for jobs and see what is available. However, you cannot work without your EAD or green card. It is illegal. Last thing you want to do is violate the rules and conditions set forth by USCIS.

For the time being, waiting is part of the game. It is a necessary evil during this process.

Another way to view this...consider this your extended vacation. Once you are legally working, you will start thinking and planning your next vacation. Take full advantage of this time.

Only my opinion... :whistle:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So working 'online' is illegal as well? Even if the employer is in the country of origin? I guess it's the fact that 'income is received while on American soil' constitutes as working in the US.

I saw one VJ post here where the girl said she would commute since she's in a border city, to go work in Canada... (She said the customs agent told her fiance that she could do that, although I have my doubts).

2003 - Met online.

Feb 2011 - Reunited online :)

Feb 2011 - Apr 2011 - Kept in touch every single day.

May 5th, 2011 - Met in person in Montreal <3 Knew we were meant to be.

July 21, 2011 - Met in person in Seattle, WA. Started talking of marriage and filing.

Nov 21, 2011 - Filed for K-1 Visa

Nov 24, 2011 - Received NOA1

Mar 23, 2012 - Met in Montreal as happy fiances. Proposal in person. <3

April 21, 2012 - Received approved NOA2

Sometime in May, 2012 - Received packet 3 letter.

Working on it about to submit...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

If you apply for EAD and 90 days has passed, go to your local USCIS office and apply for a temporay EAD which they can issue there and then. Its a laminated card not the fancy one year card. Go with a copy of your notice to show its been 90 days since filing for EAD. the temporay EAD is valid for 90 days only but atleast u get going while waiting. Its free of charge. Hopefully before the card expires u should get the approval

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from K1 Process & Procedures to Adjustment of Status from Family Based Visas Case Filing Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone,

i came here in US by fiance visa last year and i thought that now I'm here, things go smoothly. My hubby and i filed for my AOS and EAD last May and till now there's no updates with my status after my biometrics. i can't do anything here, i feel like i'm stranded here; can't even look for a job because i'm not allowed yet. Feel so bad with my situation. My hubby is helping me to lessen my anxiety by gardening, designing woman's accessories, doing scrapbook etc... but i guess its not working anymore. whenever hubby and i go shopping, man!i feel so ashamed that he's getting stuffs for me; i wanna get it for myself and or get some presents for him and also if ever i wanna buy something i don't need to bother him . this is nuts!is there someone out there have the situation like mine? or anybody can at least share their experience how'd they handle this kind of situation? it'll be much better if they can tell me how am i going to get a job:) i really need to make money...

thanks!

ps

i wanna get a job (earn money) because i don't wanna be a burden for him especially now he got a problem at work :(

i love him so much and i just wanna help him...

I can relate to you.. Even me i feel guilty because i can't do anything for our finances, i really wanted to help my husband because i feel like i am useless.. But then the more i insist to him that i need to find job, the more i can see him get hurt. Because he thought i am bored and not happy here. So i guess i just be happy everyday and never drag this topic to him. It makes more difficult for him to see me like being bored. I am not bored this routing but just wanted to help...sad.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Many women think by not working they are a burden to their husband, my Mother never worked and never thought she was a burden, she gave my father everything he needed to go to work and to succeed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.