earthwormgym

Advise needed- newly-married couple, incredibly stressed out!!

35 posts in this topic

Hi,

Thanks so much for this response- really good to hear from people who have gone through the same thing.

One of the factors about the I-130 that worries us the most, is the "affidavits" section, providing proof of relationship. Since we have both just gradated from university, we don't have that many joint records, and the banks won't even let us open a joint account without proof of address with both our names on it (kinda like a vicious circle in that respect)- we do however have call records from Skype, Facebook and mobile phone, as well as photos from the start of our relationship way back when. So I'm hoping this will suffice- thoughts?

Thanks again for a great response!

I understand your worries about providing proof of relationship. I had the same worries because we had never lived together. We got married and I came back to the US a few days later. I didn't even have wedding photos because we had a civil ceremony. I just sent in the only things I had at the time. I sent phone bills, a marriage announcement, 6 photos of us together, a copy of my life insurance listing him as beneficiary, a copy of my car insurance with him listed as a driver on it, copies of my airline tickets to visit him before our wedding and an affidavit from his mother stating that she knew of our relationship before our wedding and that she was present at our wedding. Our I-130 was approved without any requests for more evidence.

You've definitely come to the right place for answers. I wouldn't have made it through this process without VJ. I was constantly worried and asking questions! lol The year apart was hell but we survived and it was all worth it. Wishing you all the best! :)

10/16/2010 - Married
02/16/2011 - I-130 sent
02/18/2011 - I-130 received
02/22/2011 - NOA1
06/06/2011 - NOA2
06/24/2011 - NVC received
06/28/2011 - Received DS-3032 and I-864 bill
06/29/2011 - Emailed DS-3032 and paid I-864 bill
07/06/2011 - Emailed DS-3032 again
07/08/2011 - DS-3032 accepted and IV bill received
07/11/2011 - Paid IV bill
08/06/2011 - DS-230 sent to NVC
08/08/2011 - DS-230 received at NVC
08/10/2011 - I-864 sent to NVC
08/12/2011 - I-864 received at NVC
08/15/2011 - DS-230 entered into system, received false RFE on AVR for I-864
08/18/2011 - SIF & Case Complete
09/01/2011 - Interview date assigned
09/26/2011 - Medical Exam
10/24/2011 - Interview/Visa approved
10/28/2011 - Received Visa

11/11/2011 - POE SLC, UT
12/01/2011 - Welcome Letter and Receipt received from USCIS
12/06/2011 - Green Card received
12/20/2011 - Security Social Card received

09/19/2013 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

09/24/2013 - I-751 delivered to California Service Center

09/28/2013 - NOA received in mail, NOA date 09/24/2013

10/06/2013 - Biometrics Letter received in mail

10/15/2013 - Biometrics Appointment

12/30/2013 - Card production ordered

01/02/2014 - Card mailed

I understand your worries about providing proof of relationship. I had the same worries because we had never lived together. We got married and I came back to the US a few days later. I didn't even have wedding photos because we had a civil ceremony. I just sent in the only things I had at the time. I sent phone bills, a marriage announcement, 6 photos of us together, a copy of my life insurance listing him as beneficiary, a copy of my car insurance with him listed as a driver on it, copies of my airline tickets to visit him before our wedding and an affidavit from his mother stating that she knew of our relationship before our wedding and that she was present at our wedding. Our I-130 was approved without any requests for more evidence.

You've definitely come to the right place for answers. I wouldn't have made it through this process without VJ. I was constantly worried and asking questions! lol The year apart was hell but we survived and it was all worth it. Wishing you all the best! :)

Hi all,

Quick question this time- can't seem to find it on original instructions posted- do we need to include the I-864 (Affididvant form spl?) and the DS-230 with the I-130 application, or do they come later?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

Quick question this time- can't seem to find it on original instructions posted- do we need to include the I-864 (Affididvant form spl?) and the DS-230 with the I-130 application, or do they come later?

Study of the I-130 instructions will be critical to your ultimate success. Include what those instructions tell you to include. Also study the guides here. Your question indicated you've done neither.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Your answer is in the I130 instructions AND the Guides here on VJ

OR here

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

USCIS does not process visa applications, visa applications are processed by Embassies and Consulates and it is State Department personnel that is doing the processing work.

Fine. Even more reason for USCIS not to "care" then :whistle::P

05/2007 - got married in Germany

05/2007 - filed I-130 via DCF in Frankfurt

08/2007 - interview to prove bona fide marriage

09/2007 - hubby PCSed to GA

10/2007 - hubby deployed to Iraq

04/2008 - hubby on RnR in Germany

08/2008 - received CR-1 visa

12/2008 - flew to GA alone to welcome home the hubs

09/2009 - PCSed to CA

03/2010 - we're pregnant!

06/2010 - applied for German "BBG" to retain German citizenship during naturalization

08/2010 - BBG granted

09/2010 - filed ROC

12/2010 - received 10 year GC

12/2010 - our little miracle is born!!!

01/2011 - PCSed to Germany

01/2012 - filed N-400 for overseas naturalization

03-15-2012 - Best of Both Worlds, I'm a dual citizen :-)

Study of the I-130 instructions will be critical to your ultimate success. Include what those instructions tell you to include. Also study the guides here. Your question indicated you've done neither.

We have indeed studied the guides and do not appreciate your response- sorry, but don't respond if you're not going to be helpful!

Your answer is in the I130 instructions AND the Guides here on VJ

OR here

Good luck

Thanks for this guide very helpful!

We're just getting overwhelmed with all the information we have read- we didn't see it immediately, but other websites said it was needed- guess not until later then.

Timeline

We have indeed studied the guides and do not appreciate your response- sorry, but don't respond if you're not going to be helpful!

Thanks for this guide very helpful!

We're just getting overwhelmed with all the information we have read- we didn't see it immediately, but other websites said it was needed- guess not until later then.

If you had studied the guides and the I-130 instructions you would not have asked this question. This kind of careful study is crucial to your ultimate success. If we answer questions that are clearly answered in the instructions, you'll never know what you didn't know you didn't know. The I-130 instructions and the guides here are very clear on these basics. We're here to help you with details that the instructions and guides either don't cover or don't cover sufficiently.

Trust me. Encouraging you to carefully study what needs to be studied IS helping you. This ain't my first rodeo.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Hi,

Thanks so much for this response- really good to hear from people who have gone through the same thing.

One of the factors about the I-130 that worries us the most, is the "affidavits" section, providing proof of relationship. Since we have both just gradated from university, we don't have that many joint records, and the banks won't even let us open a joint account without proof of address with both our names on it (kinda like a vicious circle in that respect)- we do however have call records from Skype, Facebook and mobile phone, as well as photos from the start of our relationship way back when. So I'm hoping this will suffice- thoughts?

Thanks again for a great response!

They will know you do not live together yet. The proof we sent was about our relationship. The affidavit were written by my sister in law and mother in law who attended the wedding, my cousin who had us over for Thanksgiving, my dad and my daughter. I had them use a template I found doing a search on VJ. We did not bother with getting them notarized but provided copies and brought originals to London for the interview but were never asked for them. Do you have friends or family who can write a brief letter stating they know that you are a real couple and how they know this to be true? If you have a health plan at work ask about adding your spouse. You can make each other the beneficiary on life insurance and retirement plan if you have them. My bank allowed me to add my husband before he had a social but needed a social to open his own account.

If you had studied the guides and the I-130 instructions you would not have asked this question. This kind of careful study is crucial to your ultimate success. If we answer questions that are clearly answered in the instructions, you'll never know what you didn't know you didn't know. The I-130 instructions and the guides here are very clear on these basics. We're here to help you with details that the instructions and guides either don't cover or don't cover sufficiently.

Trust me. Encouraging you to carefully study what needs to be studied IS helping you. This ain't my first rodeo.

Excellent advice! :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi all,

Here's the cheatsheet.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Hi all, quick question again- do we need to include a letter of introduction with the I-130 packer? Seem to remember reading somewhere that we did, but others sources suggest otherwise.

Thanks all!

Timeline

Hi all, quick question again- do we need to include a letter of introduction with the I-130 packer? Seem to remember reading somewhere that we did, but others sources suggest otherwise.

Thanks all!

Time to decide which source you are going to trust. For VJ, the answer is in the guide you were advised to study.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

VJ says yes, but others say no....

I understand. Put on your big boy/girl panties and decide who you're going to follow. VJ is right on this and I assure you, that careful study of both the VJ guides AND the official form instruction will be critical to success "doing it yourself". When those two sources SEEM to conflict, ask for clarification, because they DO NOT. You must study carefully, interpret LITERALLY and answer accurately.

A "cover letter" is a BEST PRACTICE, not a requirement.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for tos violation.

one post removed for quoting that tos violation, said post returned below minus the quote.

No, you are not asking for clarification. You read the VJ information AND you read something else. Why would you think somebody here is going to give you authoritative information that would conflict with the VJ recommendations? Some people are not equipped to do this themselves. Have you considered you might be one of them?

additionally, admin action has been taken.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.