earthwormgym

Advise needed- newly-married couple, incredibly stressed out!!

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

additional post removed that quoted a tos violation, post returned below minus the quote.

You need to listen to the very sound advice you are getting. You need to do a bit of legwork on your own, instead of expecting to be spoon fed every last detail. No one will take more interest in our case that you should yourself. And you need to understand that someone who has been here for 5 minutes would have the sense to listen to a poster as seasoned as Pushbrk. You can take his advice to the bank.

Go and read the guide.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Study of the I-130 instructions will be critical to your ultimate success. Include what those instructions tell you to include. Also study the guides here. Your question indicated you've done neither.

:thumbs:

4027-dil-ko-choo-jaye-gi-shayari-collection-heart_91.gif?d=1205939495

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

USCIS people are people too, so they "care" but no amount of "care" is going to get your petition to the front of the line any faster than all the other people they care about.

Follow the CR1 visa guide and the I-130 instructions. Once you file the I-130, become an expert on the NVC shortcuts.

What are the NVC shortcuts? I also noticed people use the words "touched" how do they know?

Thanks,

Genine

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What are the NVC shortcuts? I also noticed people use the words "touched" how do they know?

Thanks,

Genine

When you see your case updated (rarely) that is a touch. A touch can mean someone sis looking at your case, or merly moving it from one stack to another. Rarely do you see updated of your case until you get approved or an RFE. You are watchng your case on the USCIS.gov website right?

The first link (look at the first post) has all you need to know about NVC. Since that is your next stage you should be focusing on that. It will help keep your mind off your USCIS case.

The second link is the NVC shortcut. Of course NVC is really slow and behind so a shortcuts are not there biuut still you need to know what happens when your case is at NVC and it does help you now sit and wait for things to happen once things are in your hands.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/375609-nvc-filers-july-2012/

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

When you see your case updated (rarely) that is a touch. A touch can mean someone sis looking at your case, or merly moving it from one stack to another. Rarely do you see updated of your case until you get approved or an RFE. You are watchng your case on the USCIS.gov website right?

The first link (look at the first post) has all you need to know about NVC. Since that is your next stage you should be focusing on that. It will help keep your mind off your USCIS case.

The second link is the NVC shortcut. Of course NVC is really slow and behind so a shortcuts are not there biuut still you need to know what happens when your case is at NVC and it does help you now sit and wait for things to happen once things are in your hands.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/375609-nvc-filers-july-2012/

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

Thank you for the links and the information. Yes, I do go to USCIS.gov and check the status of my case. I am using a lawyer and as of today they told me they have everything I need for the NVC process. I think the only thing they don't have are updated criminal history (The ones we submitted expired months after submission). And they advised me that my husband will need updated reports for the interview and will take them to the consulate for the interview. Along with any updated evidence: pictures, travel, emails, phone records, etc. We will also have to gather the information requested in the packet 3.

Thanks again,

Genine

Based on the links you sent me we have signed all the necessary forms so I think we are good for now (knock on wood). We can only hope.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.