visahelpme

Will Spouse visa get denied for Herpes PLEASE HELP

41 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Does anyone know the best answers to the following. PLEASE HELP! My wife will soon be getting her Visa interview appointment date to be able to come to the USA. She has genital herpes and I need to know the best answer to these questions

1.) On the Medical exam questionnaire it asks if you have any STD's. If she marks NO and is not having any flareups or visible sores during the medical exam, will they still find it through the blood test and deny her Visa because she marked NO. If they do find it can she claim she didn't even know she had it as it is a fact that 50% of people with Herpes don't even know they have it.

2.) If she marks YES to the STD question and states she has genital herpes will she fail the medical exam and/or be denied the visa? We are both suffering tremendous stress about this after enduring 9 months of waiting to get through the process, her appointment date will be given any day now and it will destroy our lives if she does not get approved. We have been married for 2.5 years now.

If anyone reads this post and has an accurate answer, I beg of you to please take a moment and reply. Thank you.

Hello Sir, your wife has to be honest in answering to all questions needed in medical examination and interview at the USEM.

When I had my medical exam, the doctor checked almost every parts of my body including private ones -- I was naked inside the room. They got sample of my blood, urine, etc... So, it is best to declare the truth, so when they found it out, she doesn't have to explain so much. She maybe put under medication for a while. And, that is a blessing for her, so she would get rid off from genital herpes as it is a sexually transmitted disease, thus, very contagious also for you.

I am not so sure, but, I think she won't be scheduled for interview yet at the US embassy, since she need to maybe get well first with her condition.

I don't think the USEM will deny her with visa -- after having medication. I have read they don't deny applicants with STDs. Other medical problems like Hepatitis B, etc... they are very strict on this.

For accurate answer, please log on to St. Luke Medical Center or the US Embassy websites.

Good luck and don't stress out too much, I'm sure everything will turn out well for both of you. Just don't give up, do what you need to do, pray ! -- and let God do the rest! :)

"Last night I looked up at the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."-- by Kelsi

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Sir, your wife has to be honest in answering to all questions needed in medical examination and interview at the USEM.

When I had my medical exam, the doctor checked almost every parts of my body including private ones -- I was naked inside the room. They got sample of my blood, urine, etc... So, it is best to declare the truth, so when they found it out, she doesn't have to explain so much. She maybe put under medication for a while. And, that is a blessing for her, so she would get rid off from genital herpes as it is a sexually transmitted disease, thus, very contagious also for you.

I am not so sure, but, I think she won't be scheduled for interview yet at the US embassy, since she need to maybe get well first with her condition.

I don't think the USEM will deny her with visa -- after having medication. I have read they don't deny applicants with STDs. Other medical problems like Hepatitis B, etc... they are very strict on this.

For accurate answer, please log on to St. Luke Medical Center or the US Embassy websites.

Good luck and don't stress out too much, I'm sure everything will turn out well for both of you. Just don't give up, do what you need to do, pray ! -- and let God do the rest! :)

There is no cure for herpes, it can be treated and controlled. and NO she will not be denied a visa for this reason, but she must answer all questions truthfully, lieing will make it worse, and can cause a denial.....

event.png

event.png

Always tell the truth. Herpes is not a reason for denial but telling a lie about having it...well who knows what that might lead to.

Best of luck!

ps: Telling the truth is always the best policy, especially when dealing with immigration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

So the most important part of my question remains unanswered. Will my wife get denied for having genital Herpes? Lets assume she answers YES on the medical form question "Do you have any STD's" and lists genital herpes. Are they going to deny her Visa based on that answer? If anyone has any first hand experience with this or knows of any confirmed examples where someone had it, stated it on the form, and was either granted the visa anyway or denied the visa based on it, please please please reply. Thank you for you time and knowledge.

so you are saying that if anyone tells you they were denied because they admitted to having herpes, you would lie and take the chance of getting denied based on lying?headbonk.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

She will not be denied for admitting herpes. Definitely check yes on the form.

By the way, since someone brought up stats earlier, around 20% of the US population has genital herpes, and I think about 80% of the US population has oral herpes (both are herpes simplex virus). While we are talking about STDs, 40% of the US population has HPV, and over 20% has high-risk HPV (the types that can lead to cervical cancer). Please consider vaccination if you or a family member is a candidate. (Stats from CDC.gov).

adu7iqzpc.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

SIR, WE ARE HIS BROTHERS AND SISTERS, IF YOU CAN NOT TURN TO FAMILY,,THEN WHO CAN YOU TURN TO. my answer is i do not know, good luck brother.

"it is a fact that 50% of people with Herpes don't even know they have it."...thats scary man holy cow. Where did you find this out? Im sorry I cant answer you question, im really just astonished that you would ask, and/or admit this on a public forum. Best of luck to you sir, you could try the st.lukes webpage for more accurate information pertaining to your case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

"it is a fact that 50% of people with Herpes don't even know they have it."...thats scary man holy cow. Where did you find this out? Im sorry I cant answer you question, im really just astonished that you would ask, and/or admit this on a public forum. Best of luck to you sir, you could try the st.lukes webpage for more accurate information pertaining to your case.

Where else would anyone find the answer but in this public forum ?! Grandma certainly wouldn't be able to answer that one. Anyone could be a carrier

and not know it.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

This indeed has to be the craziest question since I joined VJ.

You joined 11 days ago. This is not a crazy question.

Herpes is no cause for denial. Get on meds if not already and all is good. No cure but controllable.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Why are we assuming the OP's wife is from the Phillipines?

Edited by Operator

Correct, there is a high percentage of people with herpes, and these stats are just from the people who were tested. What about the other half of America without insurance and can't receive medical treatment. That population isn't even counted. So actually the stats are even higher than what was actually counted. HPV is all high-risk. They all can lead to cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is the ONLY cancer that is 100% preventable. Every time a woman contracts and STD / STI it increases her chances of cervical cancer. There are MANY strands of HPV and the vaccination only protects a person against the strands of the live virus within the dose. Please read before vaccination and ask your provider EVERY question you can think of. Like I tell my patients, "No question is a dumb question". Get the facts, the good, bad, and the ugly. Be well informed before making a decision. I make sure I inform my patients as much as possible regarding these topics, then I put the ownership back on them, to do their research to see what options are best for them and when they return or call me the next day they have to tell me something about the vaccine that they learned outside of my office.

Good job with the stats by the way! yes.gif

She will not be denied for admitting herpes. Definitely check yes on the form.

By the way, since someone brought up stats earlier, around 20% of the US population has genital herpes, and I think about 80% of the US population has oral herpes (both are herpes simplex virus). While we are talking about STDs, 40% of the US population has HPV, and over 20% has high-risk HPV (the types that can lead to cervical cancer). Please consider vaccination if you or a family member is a candidate. (Stats from CDC.gov).

This is the best jOURney of OUR lives, together forever! Singing..... INTERNATIONAL LOVE :-)

Never ever lie. Remember lying requires you to remember what you lied about. Life will be much easier if you base it on the truth, than if you have to remember all the things you didn't say bluntly. That's how I perceive things anyway.

enough said!

as my mom always say: for every lie you tell you have to lie another 4 times to cover that little lie.

She will not be denied for that.

03/14/2012 - We got married!
05/02/2012 - AOS sent
06/01/2012 - Biometrics appointment - Done
07/11/2012 - I-765 - Card production ordered
07/19/2012 - Interview
08/01/2012 - I-485 - Green Card/Document Production
08/09/2012 - Green card received!!!

05/09/2014 - Joint I-751 Sent

07/28/2014 - I-751 approved

Filed: Timeline

so you are saying that if anyone tells you they were denied because they admitted to having herpes, you would lie and take the chance of getting denied based on lying?headbonk.gif

Did you also consider that he may choose not to proceed with immigration if they would be denied? headbonk.gifheadbonk.gif

Why are we assuming the OP's wife is from the Phillipines?

devil.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.