Freedove7

Very upsetting answers on Visajourney

74 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Dear Darnell,

Thank you, as I understand how to navigate VJ journey . I was only concerned to the comments listing VJ journey as a bad source. I really only wanted to defend VJ's honor as being a very helpful site and meant no disrepect to the OP.

B. Franklin

Hi ! Welcome to Visa Journey !

When one logs in from a pc or laptop, one can have a totally different 'viewing' experience.

One of those wonderful things to see, is the clicky link to view a member's profile.

Once there, click on 'Find my Content' then change the selector to 'View all posts by <<username>>'

IMO, if you had done that one simple operation - you would have had the opportunity for more reading. With more reading (again, IMO) you'll get a focused view of her backstory and prior posts.

Welcome to Visa Journey !

Most rules are written for typical situations, not the outliers.

So when I say that 'most' people try to capture special moments on 'film' with their families, I think that is a true statement.

When I say that 'most' couples happen to have documents which tie them together with their spouses, I think that is also a true statement.

(think mortgage, rental agreements, loans, birth certificates, marriage certificates, travel receipts from trips together)

When someone doesn't fit the typical mold, or differs from the norm, that is reason for a little extra scrutiny. I say this as a former child abuse/neglect investigator for the State of Kansas.

The less like the norm they are, without reasons for not being closer to the norm, the more skepticism increases.

That is human nature, not to mention training to notice things out of place or norm, which sharpen as one continues in investigative roles.

Now, I don't know the reality of your situation. I don't care if you get your visa or not, it doesn't affect me to the best of my knowledge.

But I'd rather life treat you well, than treat you poorly, just on general principles.

I have found that life treats *me* much better, the better *I* prepare for what challenges might lay ahead of me. Chance favors the well prepared.

So, take stock of what everyone is saying, accept that we are trying to help. (even me).

Start re-reading the posts as though they were offering good advice. (they are)

Start acting on those posts.

Prayer can't hurt.

Good luck.

*I get my answer a week from today, so we'll see if I have followed my own advice well enough for my fiancee's visa to be approved or not.

10/19/2011- FedEx'd I-129F

10/20/2011 - Received @ Dallas Lockbox

10/25/2011 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA1

10/28/2011 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

02/11/2012 - Received E-mail/Text RFE

02/13/2012 - Received Hardcopy of RFE

02/16/2012 - Fedex'd RFE response

02/17/2012 - Received RFE response @ VSC

02/24/2012 - Received E-mail/Text, RFE Response Review

03/07/2012 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA2 (134 days)

03/10/2012 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

03/13/2012 - NVC Received I129F Approval Packet

03/20/2012 - NVC Sent Packet to Embassy

04/04/2012 - Embassy Received Packet

04/16/2012 - Fiancee received Packet 3.

04/30/2012 - Fiancee responded to Packet 3

06/21/2012 - Interview Date. Visais Approved!.

07/01/2012 - Received Visa from Go2

07/05/2012 - Arrived in USA. Chicago POE.

07/05/2012 - Arrived in Washington.

07/27/2012 - Married (Yea)

09/01/2012 - AOS, AP, EAD Applied for via USPS Registered Mail

09/09/2012 - EMails for all three forms arrived.

09/1?/2012 - NOA 1s for all three arrived.

If a stranger of a forum says you sleep with ferrets, it doesn't affect you, your life or what you'll have for breakfast.

Ooooo never sleep with ferrets.

A friend slept with a ferret in the military. One Sunday his bit him on his personal privates trying to get his attention.

It got his attention.

(said jokingly, but that is a 100% true story)

10/19/2011- FedEx'd I-129F

10/20/2011 - Received @ Dallas Lockbox

10/25/2011 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA1

10/28/2011 - Received NOA1 Hardcopy

02/11/2012 - Received E-mail/Text RFE

02/13/2012 - Received Hardcopy of RFE

02/16/2012 - Fedex'd RFE response

02/17/2012 - Received RFE response @ VSC

02/24/2012 - Received E-mail/Text, RFE Response Review

03/07/2012 - Received E-mail/Text for NOA2 (134 days)

03/10/2012 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

03/13/2012 - NVC Received I129F Approval Packet

03/20/2012 - NVC Sent Packet to Embassy

04/04/2012 - Embassy Received Packet

04/16/2012 - Fiancee received Packet 3.

04/30/2012 - Fiancee responded to Packet 3

06/21/2012 - Interview Date. Visais Approved!.

07/01/2012 - Received Visa from Go2

07/05/2012 - Arrived in USA. Chicago POE.

07/05/2012 - Arrived in Washington.

07/27/2012 - Married (Yea)

09/01/2012 - AOS, AP, EAD Applied for via USPS Registered Mail

09/09/2012 - EMails for all three forms arrived.

09/1?/2012 - NOA 1s for all three arrived.

Filed: Timeline

Ooooo never sleep with ferrets.

A friend slept with a ferret in the military. One Sunday his bit him on his personal privates trying to get his attention.

It got his attention.

(said jokingly, but that is a 100% true story)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Without having read previous posts from the OP, people who come here do need to understand, that unless they are asking a specific question, on a specific form, where the question is straighforward, and therefore the answer will be straighforward, that anything else is pretty much up for debate and opinions. We can offer up our personal experiences and hopefully some knowledge. The poster is going to get our opinions and possibly our judgements.

Any person who uses any open site, posts any question ( that isnt direct and specific ) is going to get some responses that they possibly dont like.

If you arnt willing to read up immigration rules and laws and learn on your own, where you make the choice to ask questions, you are putting yourself out there for any and all responses. And the OP of any thread is open to this, because they have opened the door for it.

There is no point to rant and rave over what you view as unfair and judgemental responses . . . its going to happen. So your choices are, read the guidelines, hire a lawyer, ask only specific questions to specific forms. If you choose none of those, and still post, then you have to be open to peoples opinions.

Totally agree, good comment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

One thing you have to realize is that you and only you knows whats up in your marriage. If all these questions and innuendo bothers you what the heck do you think it may be like at an interview?

Sure they may not ask anything but why go in there emply handed. I for one truly understand how you feel. My husband is in Nigeria. High Fraud everyone is suspect. We are guilty and must prove ourselves innocent. We can get mad and bitter but instead we have built our evidence in a way to tell our love story.

we don't know you dear we are merely going by the words you convey on these pages. Like I stated in your post before. If you were the CO looking at your evidence what would you think of a 5 year marriage that had not much. It's not about you not taking alot of pictures. You knew this day would come if nothing else fake it till you make it.

I know how hard people can be here but truely they all mean well. I am 21 years older than my husband coming from a high fraud country. I have taken my licks but boy have I got a wealth of information to learn and grow from and also to pass on and help others.

There has not been one wrong thing suggested to you. It may seem to you harsh buut they are merely suggestions on what you may want to think about as far as evidence. No one has called you a scammer, fraud or the like.

Do not look at this website as the enemy because its not. No one here is here to sugarcoat and make you feel better we are all here to get the expected best end result our hunni's Visa and Citizenship so we can live together forever here i the US.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

With the multiple topics on essentially the same subject and being so passive aggressive...anyone suspect a troll here?

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

People on here go through the same experience as you, giving constructive criticism as they see fit.

Never have I seen such an efficient & comprehensive resource of information on US immigration than VJ.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

With the multiple topics on essentially the same subject and being so passive aggressive...anyone suspect a troll here?

They probably wrote that exit speech and has moved on to ask the same

question on Immigrate2US, where in turn, the responses will be even

less sugar coated :thumbs:

I-130

2011-08-20 Posted

2011-08-31 NOA1

2011-09-03 Touch

2011-11-18 Sent Expedite Request to USCIS

2011-12-09 Response Received for Exepedite Request

"Wait your turn" in a nutshell

2011-12-02 Sent Expedite Request to US Representative Ed Royce

2012-01-27 Sent Expedite Request to Immigration Ombudsman

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Barbara Boxer

2012-02-02 Sent Expedite Request to Senator Dianne Feinstein

2012-03-08 Case transferred to field office for additional processing

2012-03-23 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-05-10 Transferred to another office for processing

2012-05-14 Now being processed at a USCIS office

2012-06-05 Approved NOA2

2012-07-17 NVC Case/Invoice # Received

Petitioner: US Born Citizen (Wife)

Beneficiary: British Born Citizen (Husband)

Your I-130 was approved in 279 days from your NOA1 date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

OMG....stop being a whining child. You better be thankful to these VJers for setting you straight. Better them than the IO. Trust me on this. They are trying to HELP YOU! I had an IO spend 5 minutes with me and basically tell me to my face that he didn't think my marriage was "stable." 5 ###### minutes I was with this guy! He has absolutely no idea the trials and hardship my wife have been through but he just made his own conclusion and it was upto me to convince him otherwise. Grow a thick skin and strengthen your petition before it's too late!

To have the audacity to question my marriage is very upsetting and that is what some of you guys did in my previous post.Who in their right mind would think a 10 year relationship with a guy I met as a teenager isnt real? We have pics we took at my high school graduation! I got married at 20 and got pregnant soon after.We filed 10 years after being together and 5 yrs after getting married while some people who supposedly fell in love filed weeks or months after getting married.I wonder if the people who were bashing me in my previous posts entered their marriage in good faith and not to evade immigration laws.How dare some of you say that I dont sound convincing?? Because I dont have 100 fake photos? Its so easy to fake a smile or a kiss in photos.I bet the fake marriages have the most photos ! When my husband opened his bank accounts,I did not have a legal status nor a social so how on earth could I have been added? He no longer owns an account anyhow.The same with the utility bills.only one name goes on the account.Again,he has bad credit so we have separate finances.I dont want my credit to get ruined aswell! My marriage is fake because we arent financially stable enough to take vacations?? I should not have wasted time writting this post and should have just laughed at the uneducated,ridiculous remarks,but Its just so upsetting that some of you have the nerve to bash me about my marriage who anyone in their right mind wouldnt question if its "real" or bona fide.

thank goodness someone like you stood up for some people who are hater...godbless your heart :dance: :dance: :dance:

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

wow this topic is very HOT & Popular

I thought YOU post here for getting some HELP ..this looks more than complaining

@freedove7: You're FREE to take these suggestions that these thoughtful and helpful people gave or just don't..its your call.

hope you calmdown & gather all your reqd docs..wish you goodluck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.