50 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

VSC still hasn't processed I-130's from early December. It definitely seems like it is slowing down compared to last few months.

02/08/12 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox.

02/09/12 - NOA1 received and processing at Vermont.

07/02/12 - NOA2 announced on status check.

07/09/12 - NVC received case.

07/27/12 - NVC Case Number and IIN Issued.

07/27/12 - Sent DS-3032 via email.

07/31/12 - AOS bill received via email, paid online.

08/01/12 - AOS marked paid, Mailed AOS packet overnight.

08/06/12 - Assigned as Agent, IV Fee bill received via email, paid online.

08/07/12 - IV Fee marked paid, Mailed IV packet overnight.

08/07/12 - AOS accepted.

08/13/12 - Case completed

09/14/12 - Assigned Interview date.

10/18/12 - Interview Date

Just because you don't see update on VJ immigration timeline, it doesn't mean that they have slowed down.

What I do to keep my spirit up and to kill time is to check the USCIS status website, and check the status of random case number in there and keep track of where they are in the processing date.

I wrote down several sets of these random cases for different dates like 15th nov, 21st nov, 25th nov, 30th nov, 7th dec ... etc

For example, I have written down about 5-10 random case number for I-129F at CSC for 21st november I noticed today that the majority of these cases got approval yesterday. So I know for sure that CSC is working on 21th + november petitions.

I find this much more reliable than VJ timeline but also a lot more time consuming though. In VJ timeline, the dataset is small and sometimes people are not actively update their timeline.

Another thing that helps me not too worry too much is looking at the statistics on USCIS, for I-129F they complete 1500-2000 cases every month, so you can take it and know that they are working on it and stop worrying about "daily" update.

Edited by GandK

Just because you don't see update on VJ immigration timeline, it doesn't mean that they have slowed down.

What I do to keep my spirit up and to kill time is to check the USCIS status website, and check the status of random case number in there and keep track of where they are in the processing date.

I wrote down several sets of these random cases for different dates like 15th nov, 21st nov, 25th nov, 30th nov, 7th dec ... etc

For example, I have written down about 5-10 random case number for I-129F at CSC for 21st november I noticed today that the majority of these cases got approval yesterday. So I know for sure that CSC is working on 21th + november petitions.

I find this much more reliable than VJ timeline but also a lot more time consuming though. In VJ timeline, the dataset is small and sometimes people are not actively update their timeline.

Another thing that helps me not too worry too much is looking at the statistics on USCIS, for I-129F they complete 1500-2000 cases every month, so you can take it and know that they are working on it and stop worrying about "daily" update.

I love it!!! totally agree!! please keep me posted on the progress of that list!! I think you and I are on the same pile :D:goofy:

28 Dec '11 - I-129F package sent

30 Dec '11 - NOA 1

24 May '12 - NOA 2

27 Jun '12 - NVC Received

29 Jun '12 - NVC left

08 Aug '12 - Interview

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

VSC still hasn't processed I-130's from early December. It definitely seems like it is slowing down compared to last few months.

The timeframe for I-130 is 5 months. Some get approved before and some get approved after this time frame, it's just an estimate. 5 months would mean they are processing November. Be patient, you will be approved soon enough.

CSC states 5 month's but in all reality it is a good 6 month's. My PETITION was just approved NO RFE's. 6 month mark was today. I got approved yesterday.. Figures!!!! CSC good 6 month's. patience is a virtue..

Mrs. Valdez

I promised not to check my status yesterday morning and then I got the message unexpectedly at 4 o clock on the dot while at the mechanic lol . However , I did call and spoke to a rep on Thursday asking her whats the status and she told me to call back if I don't hear anything by may 12th.I'm not sure if this had anything to do with my Case being approved or "touched"...I passed exactly 4 months and 4 days w/out any notice and no RFE.. DONT GIVE UP. all of you guys will get the news you've been waiting for very soon !!! Stay positive :-)

:huh::huh: WELL IT LOOKS LIKE vermont service center IS SLOWING DOWN? NOT SEE MUCH GOING ON! :angry::angry:

Maybe they are, who knows. They have been working fast the last couple of months so let's see what happens. Try to keep yourself busy, I know it's easier said than done. :star:

Why should you be frustrated? You are only 2 months and 11 days from you NOA1. You have a long way to go, so sit down and be patient like the rest of us. Your average processing times for an I-130 from the VSC is 5 months. I filed a I-129F and it is in CSC with an average time of 5 months. I filed mine and received my NOA1 on December 8, 2011 and am still waiting for the NOA2. It looks like mine could be as early as the end of April or early May which is around 5 months. SO getting frustrated is not going to help you and will not get your petition to move faster. USCIS will get to it when they get to it. We are all at their mercy.

:wow:

People like you should just not comment. Why should she be frustrated you ask? Uhm, I don't know, maybe because like all of us she is desperate and emotionally struggling with the process like everyone on here is!!! :bonk: :bonk:

A little encouragement and reassurance goes a long way. Don't be a negative nelly. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. :yes:

Edited by StephanieM

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe they are, who knows. They have been working fast the last couple of months so let's see what happens. Try to keep yourself busy, I know it's easier said than done. :star:

People like you should just not comment. Why should she be frustrated you ask? Uhm, I don't know, maybe because like all of us she is desperate and emotionally struggling with the process like everyone on here is!!! :bonk: :bonk:

A little encouragement and reassurance goes a long way. Don't be a negative nelly. Remember, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. :yes:

People like me, sorry I have a name and you can use it. Sorry as far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with my cooment and you are entitled to your opinion. I was not mean. THey have only had over 2 months since thier NOA1. I am sure if my comment would have been inappropriate, it would have been removed by the moderators like I have seen many times in other posts. Take care, but my view doesn't change. We all have a long time to wait for USCIS to do their job. We are at their mercy for processing of petitions.

Edited by RickJovi

100 points for Steph!!!!!!! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: That was the most insensitive thing that I have ever seen someone say on VJ. :o :o :o Well Kike, All I can tell you is what we have all said to each other over and over again. Just be as patient as you can, stay positive, and as Steph said try your best to stay busy so that you don't think about it as much. We are all rooting for your good news.

529076_10150616525001933_721221932_9360570_222649783_n.jpg

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

People like me, sorry I have a name and you can use it. Sorry as far as I am concerned there is nothing wrong with my cooment and you are entitled to your opinion. I was not mean. THey have only had over 2 months since thier NOA1. I am sure if my comment would have been inappropriate, it would have been removed by the moderators like I have seen many times in other posts. Take care, but my view doesn't change. We all have a long time to wait for USCIS to do their job. We are at their mercy for processing of petitions.

RickJovi, there is nothing wrong with your comment. I understood your point. Yes, we have a long time to wait and we should be well prepared for what comes next. Thanks to USCIS for their hard works as we know there are many thousands upon thousands of petitions they've been working on.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.