DomRepMiami's US Immigration Timeline

  Petitioner's Name: Marc
Beneficiary's Name: Carolina
VJ Member: DomRepMiami
Country: Dominican Republic

Last Updated: 2012-05-11
comment on Add Comment to Timeline


Immigration Checklist for Marc & Carolina:

USCIS I-129F Petition:      
Dept of State K1 Visa:    
USCIS I-485 Petition:  
USCIS I-765 Petition:      
USCIS I-131 Petition:      
USCIS I-751 Petition:  
USCIS N-400 Petition:  

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Dominican Republic
I-129F Sent : 2011-10-10
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-10-19
I-129F RFE(s) :
RFE Reply(s) :
I-129F NOA2 : 2012-02-06
NVC Received : 2012-02-13
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned :
NVC Left : 2012-02-16
Consulate Received : 2012-03-01
Packet 3 Received :
Packet 3 Sent :
Packet 4 Received : 2012-03-20
Interview Date : 2012-04-26
Interview Result : Approved
Second Interview
(If Required):
Second Interview Result:
Visa Received : 2012-05-11
US Entry : 2012-05-22
Marriage :
Comments :
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 110 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 190 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Member Reviews:

Consulate Review: Dominican Republic
Review Topic: General Review
Event Description
Review Date : April 27, 2012
Embassy Review : We woke up at 4:30 and started getting ready for the big day. We left the house at around 5:20 and arrived at the embassy at 5:45. We were greeted by the famous buscones and a very long line. My advice to everyone is to get in the line by the wall because it leads staright into the embassy. The embassy staff came out shortly after we arrived and started checking the interview letters for the time of your interview and he gives you a number if everything is fineand our number was 142. At the front of the line they took the interview letter and gave us back our number then they split the line by putting the men on the left and the women on the right. After getting through the long line and security around 6:50 we were greeted by the famously uncomfortable metal benches and the day began.

At 8:30 we were called to window 15 and was greeted by a very nice lady. We were asked to turn in my fiance's passport, cedula, police records, birth certificate, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157, and the DS-230 (part 1). One of her police records was from the Turks and Caicos Islands and she didn't know where that was so she began to ask around her office and everyone else had heard of it. We couldn't hear what they were saying but when she came back we all laughed because she said from what she was hearing it must have been nice to live there. She asked us both if we had ever been married before and we both said "no". After that we were told to go to window 12 to pay $80 and bring back the receipt which we did. About 2 hours after that we were called to window 13 for the finger prints. At that moment I felt like things were moving smoothly and that we should be out of there fairly quickly. Sad to say I was sadly mistaken.

As we waited for the next 7 hours we watched people get called to the many different windows. I was sitting right in the middle on the severely uncomfortable benches watching windows 18-23 very closely. I saw several couples separated over and over again then they were called to the infamous window 11. I also saw lots of approvals as well as they skipped to Domex to pay. While we were waiting we were really sleepy from being too excited the night before. We went to the nice cafeteria there and got two coffees to wake us up a little bit will we continued to wait. It was so crowded in the embassy that people had to stand because there were not any seats left to sit in and the line for everything was extra long. So after we got our coffee and continued to wait the time was moving and so were the people. 12:00, 1:00, 2:00, then 3:00 came and I started to worry because I felt like something was wrong with our papers. It came all the way down to the last 15 people and it was finally then when I said to my fiance who was complaining the entire time that it doesn't look good but lets still have faith. 4:00 came and there were about 8-10 people left and then came the announcement that they didn't forget anyone and that they would be with us shortly. They actually called everyone by name. To say we felt relieved would be an understatement. 4:30 our name was called to window 19 where we were greeted by a very nice hispanic man who seemed to be very tired. We waited for a few and werent even sworn in and he asked me how did we meet and I told him. After that he did some things on the computer and said we were almost home and I asked him if that was a good thing and he said yes. We were so happy at this point because we knew that we were approved. He gave us our green ticket and told us congratulations and to go and pay Domex. We hugged and kissed and ran out of there. We were like the last ones there but we felt very happy to be approved. God is so good because after every thing that we have been through we will finally be together again. If you feel like I left anything out or you have any questions just ask.
Rating : Very Good

Timeline Comments: None yet, be the first!

Register or log in to comment on this timeline

*Notice about estimates: The estimates are based off averages of other members recent experiences
(documented in their timelines) for the same benefit/petition/application at the same filing location.
Individual results may vary as every case is not always 'average'. Past performance does not necessarily
predict future results. The 'as early as date' may change over time based on current reported processing
times from members. There have historically been cases where a benefit/petition/application processing
briefly slows down or stops and this can not be predicted. Use these dates as reference only and do not
rely on them for planning. As always you should check the USCIS processing times to see if your application
is past due.

** Not all cases are transfered

vjTimeline ver 5.0