ilovethee

k1 denied

71 posts in this topic

how many times he visited you ??? and for how long ?? waa i hope you don't mind sharing details.. I'm sorry again :(

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview today and it was really devastating. The application was denied due to no evidence of ongoing relationship. I have showed the CO phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?". She didn't even want to take the chat summary. I just told her that's all I have. She gave me back the original documents and kept the photocopies. I asked if we can appeal, she said "No appeal, other option is you get married." Just like that. :(

We don't know what else can we do. My fiance was writing an email to the embassy here but I stopped him from doing so. I thought maybe you guys can give us an idea what will be our next step.

THANK you!

I am sorry to hear that. Just wondering, were you able to answer all the questions asked by the CO?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

sorry to hear this hopefully you guys can figure out what to do.....Goodluck

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear this. But it got me wondering. I mean, in my fiancee's (now wife's) interview, the CO barley asked her any questions. I few questions about me like where I worked and things like that, when we planned to marry, etc. Yes, we had Western Union and XOOM money trasnfer receipts, we had photos and e-mail and chat logs. Travel itineraries and all that. But they did not look at any of it!!! The CO looked at the photos my then fiancee braught. Of course they looked at the I-134 and supporting documents and all the other forms like 156 and 157. But all the other documents that filled a huge 18 section accordian type folder were ignored (but I am not suggesting that anyone not have all the stuff we had - even they didn;t look at them or even ask for them!).

I visited my fiancee twice. Once in May 2009 and again in May 2011 each time for about 10 days! We did have an engagement party the 2nd time I visited and had many photos of that with her family. And as I said the CO and the pre-screener person did look at all or most of the photos she braught. But I know of others that had no engagement party and they got approved.

You and your fiance are only five years age difference? My wife and I are 11 years apart (though it seems we are the same age because she is so much more mature than I am!!)

Again I am really very sorry this happened. I know that photos are very important. I know many couples that the fiance or petitioner only visited once as in your case and they had no problems (at least as far as the number of visits were concerned).

There are many, many posts here on VJ by Filipinas and/or thier petitioners who were approved and got VISAs and they posted about what they braught to interview and how the interview went, etc. Maybe you can review some of them and compare to your interview experience and maybe something will stand out that help shine some light on why you got denied. Its puzzling because it seems on the surface that you met all requirements. That's based on what you have revealed here, though.

I guess at this point if you and your fiance are serious about being together then you need to get nmarried. Others have waited longer to be together then what you will have to wait starting over and going for CR-1, so it can be done and I'm sure others will vouch that while the wait will be gruelling, others have done it and found it was all worth it!

God Bless you both in whatever you chose to do!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i really guess you don't have money remittances... it's one of the strongest evidence... why didn't you include those?..

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Hi. Nice to hear from you again. No, we didn't have those but we only have receipts of payments we've made thru credit cards.

Yeah, I guess so.. and if we get married, we'll be back to zero again. It's really frustrating.Do we still have other choice?

Thank you again!

you should have included those receipts of course you have a choice but please don't lose hope if that's the only way you will be together for the rest of your life then you have to survive and endure the pain of being away again to your love one. Good Luck to you and don't let this denial let you down. be more prepared next time. God Bless!

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

Thanks. Yeah,I thought maybe the number of times we've been together was an issue. He came to visit me last yr in Aug and we still havent been together again since then. It could have made a difference maybe if he came with me to the interview or visited me another time. We had all the papers ready but I guess they weren't strong enough to convince the CO.

Can we still do something about it? :(

yeah maybe that's why you got denied :( your fiance only came to visit you 1 time :( if you get married the chance will be higher :)

please don't give up :)

qHpljff.jpgqHplp7.png

USCIS

* March 2nd 2012 --> I-130 sent

* March 5th 2012 --> I-130 Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

* March 7th 2012 --> Got NOA1 by SMS (Vermont Service Center)

* March 14th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of I-797C in the airmail

* June 29th 2012 --> NOA2 (114days)

* July 5th 2012 --> Got Hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

* July 2nd 2012 --> NVC Received

* July 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Number and IIN received by e-mail

* July 24th 2012 --> E-mailed the DS 3032

* July 24th 2012 --> AOS Bill Paid

* July 26th 2012 --> AOS Bill Shows PAID

* July 28th 2012 --> AOS Package Sent

* August 2nd 2012 --> DS-3032 accepted

* August 3rd 2012 --> IV bill invoiced & PAID

* August 7th 2012 --> IV Bill Shows PAID

* August 17th 2012 --> IV Package Sent

* August 24th 2012 --> NVC Case Complete

* September 15th 2012 --> Interview Date Assigned

US EMBASSY JAKARTA

* October 16th 2012 --> INTERVIEW (Approved)

* October 19th 2012 --> Visa in Hand

money remittances for k1 is not necessarily required... visiting once is also not a problem...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

That is horrible...and you had so much proof! It's so sad that real relationships get denied like this :( Definitely write a letter explaining your situation and if that doesn't work get married. Stay strong, OP! You will find a way to be together in the end and overcome these obstacles together!

I had my interview today and it was really devastating. The application was denied due to no evidence of ongoing relationship. I have showed the CO phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?". She didn't even want to take the chat summary. I just told her that's all I have. She gave me back the original documents and kept the photocopies. I asked if we can appeal, she said "No appeal, other option is you get married." Just like that. :(

We don't know what else can we do. My fiance was writing an email to the embassy here but I stopped him from doing so. I thought maybe you guys can give us an idea what will be our next step.

THANK you!

After reading your post I suspected right away, the length of relationship became an issue and the number of visits. Philippine consulate based on my observation, is not that hard in issuing visas, it is the 221g which is request for more documents/evidences is what likely to be given should the CO find some loop holes in your case and you can overcome it, almost everybody did like me and the rest. When I was interviewed last year, I have noticed just before the CO said his first line, he already has background about my case, he didn't ask for any of the thousand pages of chat logs I brought and just asked for our photos. Hubby only visited me once which is the same visit where we got married and the relationship was just 4 months then. That aspect could have been critical should we took K1 route and the rest of our papers are clean except my late registered birth certificate where the CO looped around.

Some were asked about remittances some were not, some got away despite the one time visit. The CO looks at the totality of each. So to say this and that is not needed is not for anybody of us here to tell. Only the CO has the power to decide which is which.

Back to your case, When was your interview? If you could check http://www.visajourney.com/forums/user/116545-sassytay/, she went through pretty much like your hardship and she and her now hubby wonderfully made it. Have your fiance call the immigrant visa unit, he has to make an appeal, do your best that the petition stay there and not sent back to NVC and USCIS or else you will get NOIR which is hard denial. Have him fax and e-mail a letter to the CO supervisor. Ask for a fair judgement. Convince them the relationship is strong and if possible state the reason why he only visited once. Good luck!

Edited by issha2lynden

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I suggest you don't jump the gun and get married without having a plan. That won't accomplish anything. They will just deny your CR-1 the same way they denied your K-1.

What you need to do is sit down and very carefully analyze what happened at the interview. Look at all the red flags and gather evidence to counter them. Then perhaps you can think about getting married or re-filing K-1, whichever seems better.

The fact that you had such documentary evidence of your relationship and still got denied indicates that you probably had red flags that outmatched the evidence provided. You have to take care of those first.

I suggest you don't jump the gun and get married without having a plan. That won't accomplish anything. They will just deny your CR-1 the same way they denied your K-1.

What you need to do is sit down and very carefully analyze what happened at the interview. Look at all the red flags and gather evidence to counter them. Then perhaps you can think about getting married or re-filing K-1, whichever seems better.

The fact that you had such documentary evidence of your relationship and still got denied indicates that you probably had red flags that outmatched the evidence provided. You have to take care of those first.

:thumbs:

coz getting cr1 is not a guarantee that CO will issue a visa... :yes:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.