ilovethee

k1 denied

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you all for your messages and support.

We have tried to figure out what could have been the red flags. Let me share with you the important issues that were asked in the interview. First of all the interview was here in Singapore and we chose to have it here because I am currently working here. I hope this enlightens everyone. Sorry, I wasn’t able to reply soon and clarify the location of interview.

She asked,how did you meet your fiance? I met him online.Which website? I gave the website and she asked me to repeat. She asked how long we have been talking. By the way, my fiance is an american and I am a filipina, I'm sorry to say but we thought this could have made her suspicious. She was saying you cannot fall in love to someone you haven't really met. Then she read some of the emails and said that you plan to have children with someone you haven't even met?? So I said we were planning our life together and I love kids and we were romantic in the email.

She asked where he stays and what he does right now and asked about his income. So I gave her the evidences for his income. I explained how he gets paid and his privileges as an ex-army.

She asked if I ever applied for a visa before. Yes,I did for a tourist visa and was denied. It was last yr. She asked me what happened. I told her I was going to visit my best friend in college who had given birth that time and she wanted me to come. She was looking at the screen and reading something. I think it was the record of my interview last year. And then she said that I was going to meet my fiance. I said yes it was also part of the plan. I think she didn’t like that part.

She asked about our meeting...like when and where and how long and why did he leave soon. I explained about his classes that were going to start soon. She also asked why he didn't come again. I said that we are hoping I can get to the US and it will save us money with the ticket and other expenses.

Then she started to ask for more evidences... gave her the pics, some more emails, cards, letters,chat logs, phone bills and credit card receipts.... then she asked again for more evidence to prove our ongoing relationship...and that's all I have... I even asked if it's money remittance? She said NO, not money. I told her we talk and chat everyday. That's how we keep our relationship going right now.

Then she told me the result.She said that I'm not eligible for the visa because I was not able to demonstrate our ongoing relationship. Gave me back my papers and walked away with the other papers and then I said I asked if we can we appeal? She said NO APPEAL...other option is you get married.

That’s all. I hope those who are applying for k1 can get something from this experience.

Thank you guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We have tried to figure out what could have been the red flags.

Thanks for doing this. If I were ranking these, this would be at the top:

She asked if I ever applied for a visa before. Yes,I did for a tourist visa and was denied. It was last yr. She asked me what happened. I told her I was going to visit my best friend in college who had given birth that time and she wanted me to come. She was looking at the screen and reading something. I think it was the record of my interview last year. And then she said that I was going to meet my fiance. I said yes it was also part of the plan. I think she didn’t like that part.

She's probably tried to frame this as you trying to use a tourist visa for what amounts to a K-1 entry which is too bad but goes a long way towards biasing her against whatever visa you applied for next. But if that's what she is thinking then the K-1 is exactly what you should be applying for. Seems capricious.

She asked about our meeting...like when and where and how long and why did he leave soon. I explained about his classes that were going to start soon. She also asked why he didn't come again. I said that we are hoping I can get to the US and it will save us money with the ticket and other expenses.

How long was he there? It sounds like she viewed it as a perfunctory thing rather than a genuine stay together for the purpose of working on a relationship. So that is something to work on bolstering.

She was saying you cannot fall in love to someone you haven't really met

I wonder what kind of experience this woman has. In conjunction with the above two, this is fatal to any similar application before this woman. :(

First of all the interview was here in Singapore and we chose to have it here because I am currently working here.

She asked,how did you meet your fiance? I met him online.Which website? I gave the website and she asked me to repeat. She asked how long we have been talking. By the way, my fiance is an american and I am a filipina, I'm sorry to say but we thought this could have made her suspicious. . Then she read some of the emails and said that you plan to have children with someone you haven't even met?? So I said we were planning our life together and I love kids and we were romantic in the email.

She asked where he stays and what he does right now and asked about his income. So I gave her the evidences for his income. I explained how he gets paid and his privileges as an ex-army.

Then she started to ask for more evidences... gave her the pics, some more emails, cards, letters,chat logs, phone bills and credit card receipts.... then she asked again for more evidence to prove our ongoing relationship...and that's all I have... I even asked if it's money remittance? She said NO, not money. I told her we talk and chat everyday. That's how we keep our relationship going right now.

Then she told me the result.She said that I'm not eligible for the visa because I was not able to demonstrate our ongoing relationship. Gave me back my papers and walked away with the other papers and then I said I asked if we can we appeal? She said NO APPEAL...other option is you get married.

What bothers me is that she didn't say what kind of evidence she expected you to give. First they make American visas nearly impossible to get, and then they blame you for not seeing each other. It sounds like she wanted way more time together.

There are other details that could matter - you saw each other in Singapore then? Who knows what story she weaved in her mind, but someone can juxtaposition things in a way that is really to your disadvantage. Sounds like she did that.

She was saying you cannot fall in love to someone you haven't really met

Would this really be an issue if two people have evidence stating they love each other before they met in person? I mean, I know how the conventional types can find that odd, but I suspect many found this to be true about their SO when involved in an international LDR. That kind of bothers me because my love is the reason I flew across the world to be with the one I love on more than one occasion. I would do it as many times as needed all because I knew I loved her before being in her presence. Troublesome words from the CO indeed.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

I think she was denied of visa bcoz the CO doubted her intention and thier relationship if its true or not maybe based on the record of a denied tourist visa and her statement saying she also planned of meeting her fiance in the US aside from being there for her friend. Maybe the CO thinks the relationship is just a set up for you to get a visa and come here in the US. I think its better if you will start from the begginning... Like go home in the philippines and let your fiance visit you there and meet your family too... If possible get married and then apply for cr1... Since you are already denied for two kinds of visa i dont think making an appeal will do good. God bless and good luck.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Age gap is not a red flag. It is unhelpful to promote this myth.

So now we know the interview was in Singapore, which is a curious (major) thing to leave out of the story. There are probably other elements we don't know as well, but it is hard to know what to ask. A complete story of the relationship might tell us something that mattered to the CO.

Marriage doesn't guarantee she will be approved for immigration.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

For sure age gap is NOT a red flag.....

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think she was denied of visa bcoz the CO doubted her intention and thier relationship if its true or not maybe based on the record of a denied tourist visa and her statement saying she also planned of meeting her fiance in the US aside from being there for her friend. Maybe the CO thinks the relationship is just a set up for you to get a visa and come here in the US. I think its better if you will start from the begginning... Like go home in the philippines and let your fiance visit you there and meet your family too... If possible get married and then apply for cr1... Since you are already denied for two kinds of visa i dont think making an appeal will do good. God bless and good luck.

:thumbs:

Yup I think the response to the question about the tourist visa and that she had planned to see her fiance also was the RED FLAG, along with the very short visit by her fiance... made her believe the purpose of this K-1 was for getting to the States not "true love". Sadly it created an ounce of doubt in the CO's mind.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

We have tried to figure out what could have been the red flags. Let me share with you the important issues that were asked in the interview. First of all the interview was here in Singapore and we chose to have it here because I am currently working here. I hope this enlightens everyone. Sorry, I wasn't able to reply soon and clarify the location of interview.

She asked,how did you meet your fiance? I met him online.Which website? I gave the website and she asked me to repeat. She asked how long we have been talking. By the way, my fiance is an american and I am a filipina, I'm sorry to say but we thought this could have made her suspicious. She was saying you cannot fall in love to someone you haven't really met. Then she read some of the emails and said that you plan to have children with someone you haven't even met?? So I said we were planning our life together and I love kids and we were romantic in the email.

She asked if I ever applied for a visa before. Yes,I did for a tourist visa and was denied. It was last yr. She asked me what happened. I told her I was going to visit my best friend in college who had given birth that time and she wanted me to come. She was looking at the screen and reading something. I think it was the record of my interview last year. And then she said that I was going to meet my fiance. I said yes it was also part of the plan. I think she didn't like that part.

That's all. I hope those who are applying for k1 can get something from this experience.

Thank you guys!

In the above you said she said """ She was saying you cannot fall in love to someone you haven't really met. Then she read some of the emails and said that you plan to have children with someone you haven't even met?? So I said we were planning our life together and I love kids and we were romantic in the email."""""""

She is clearly saying that she does not think you two have met in person. Do you not have copies of his passport stamps and documentation and evidence of you two having met in the past two years. ??

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I remembered during my interview, the CO asked me why it's almost a year and my fiance then my husband now, didn't see me. I simply told the CO that we're saving for our church wedding and visiting me cost a lot. Though I wasn't ask about my denied tourist visa prior to my k1 visa, probably because I stated in my tourist visa application that I am visiting him before we got engage.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

She is clearly saying that she does not think you two have met in person. Do you not have copies of his passport stamps and documentation and evidence of you two having met in the past two years. ??

To combat this, in addition to the passport stamps/plane ticket/hotel receipts, we even threw in photos of the two of us holding up a Philippines newspaper with the date blown-up. Short of some extremely good photo-shop editing, this was supposed to not only prove we were together, but together on the dates we said we were together.

my blog: http://immigrationlawreformblog.blogspot.com/

"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

-- Charles M. Province

• 2 weeks later...

We have tried to figure out what could have been the red flags. Let me share with you the important issues that were asked in the interview. First of all the interview was here in Singapore and we chose to have it here because I am currently working here. I hope this enlightens everyone. Sorry, I wasn’t able to reply soon and clarify the location of interview.

That’s all. I hope those who are applying for k1 can get something from this experience.

Thank you guys!

Have you gained any new insight into your situation?

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

• 3 years later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.