ilovethee

k1 denied

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview today and it was really devastating. The application was denied due to no evidence of ongoing relationship. I have showed the CO phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?". She didn't even want to take the chat summary. I just told her that's all I have. She gave me back the original documents and kept the photocopies. I asked if we can appeal, she said "No appeal, other option is you get married." Just like that. :(

We don't know what else can we do. My fiance was writing an email to the embassy here but I stopped him from doing so. I thought maybe you guys can give us an idea what will be our next step.

THANK you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

did your case have any red flags?

K1 VISA PROCESS ROC PROCESS

12/06/11: I129F sent 05/01/15: ROC pack sent via Fedex
12/13/11: text received with receipt number 05/04/15: ROC delivered to VSC
12/16/11: NOA1 received
12/21/11: Touched!!!
06/06/12: NOA2 text and e-mail
06/18/12: NVC received our file (12 days since NOA2 e-mail)
06/19/12: file sent to the embassy in Lima
06/21/12: NOA2 hard copy. Finally!!! (15 days since approval e-mail)
06/21/12: Case at the embassy in Lima
07/09/12: Packet 4 received
07/23/12: Medical
08/08/12: Interview at the Embassy in Lima: APPROVED!!!!
08/15/12: Visa in hand
08/19/12: POE Atlanta (took 15 minutes)
08/20/12: Applied for marriage license
08/25/12: Official engagement party with my parents
08/28/12: MARRIAGE!!!

AOS PROCESS

09/04/12: SSN Application
09/11/12: SSN card received
09/14/12: AOS Combo pack sent via Fedex
09/17/12: AOS package received and signed by L. Martinez
09/19/12: E-mail notification with 3 receipt numbers of AOS Combo pack
09/24/12: NOA1 for GC,EAD,AP received
10/24/12: Biometrics appointment
11/28/12: EAD and AP card on production
12/07/12: EAD and AP card received

07/29/13: Green Card/document production (10 months and 12 days)

an1cMjYVM2J0010OXNsenwwMDAwMTNkYXxjYXNhZ
as1cEXUNw3-0000MDAwMTUwbHwwMDAxMzk4bHxlb

"Por fin juntos y finalmente casados amor de mi vida, my soulmate"

Filed: Timeline

I had my interview today and it was really devastating. The application was denied due to no evidence of ongoing relationship. I have showed the CO phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?". She didn't even want to take the chat summary. I just told her that's all I have. She gave me back the original documents and kept the photocopies. I asked if we can appeal, she said "No appeal, other option is you get married." Just like that. :(We don't know what else can we do. My fiance was writing an email to the embassy here but I stopped him from doing so. I thought maybe you guys can give us an idea what will be our next step.THANK you!

Were the any questions she specifically pushed you on? Anything you failed to answer, or answered incoherently?

Do you guys have an red flags? Big age gap? How many times and for how long have you met?

What were the pictures like? Did they depict you guys together in different settings, with family, from different places, with different hair cuts etc? Or were most of them very similar with hard-to-tell/similar backgrounds?

In order to help you out here, it's important that you're as detailed as possible on this.

Edited by jaejayC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I had my interview today and it was really devastating. The application was denied due to no evidence of ongoing relationship. I have showed the CO phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?". She didn't even want to take the chat summary. I just told her that's all I have. She gave me back the original documents and kept the photocopies. I asked if we can appeal, she said "No appeal, other option is you get married." Just like that. :(

We don't know what else can we do. My fiance was writing an email to the embassy here but I stopped him from doing so. I thought maybe you guys can give us an idea what will be our next step.

THANK you!

I'm sorry to hear that. I heard of people who got denied for K 1 visa just like you, but then they get married and file for a spousal visa and are approved. Maybe the next step you get married to show that you have a bonafide relatioinship and both of you apply for spousal visa just like what the CO told you. Don't give up if you both really love each other and want to spend the whole life together. God bless you!!!

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

I am sorry. How about money remittance copies? its a strong evidence. I think you just have to get married.

AOS Journey

2-22-2012 - Mailed in AOS/EAD/ paperwork.

2-28-2012 - Return Receipt.

3-05-2012 - NOA I-797C received for I-485, I-765 and biometrics appointment for 3-29-2012

3-07-2012 - Sent Notice to Reschedule Appointment at local ASC by certified mail

3-10-2012 - Return Receipt

3-20-2012 - received text/email the case is transferred

3-24-2012 - NOA I-797C notice received that the case is transferred at CSC

3-30-2012 - Received NOA I-797 New Biometrics Appointment for 4-24-2012

4-24-2012 - BIOMETRICS and same day my I-765 status is in production

4-30-2012 - received text/email notification EAD is on my way

5-03-2012 - received EAC

9-10-2012 - GC/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION

9-11-2012 - CSC mail out the Welcome Letter

9-12-2012 - CSC mail out the Green Card

9-14-2012 - Welcome Letter received

9-15-2012 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

8-15-2014 - Sent I-751

8-18-2014 - I-751 Delivered

8-18-2014 - NOA I-797

8-20-2014 - Check Cashed

9-11-2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11-18-2014- Received email and text notification that green card is in production

11-19-2014- CSC mail out GREEN CARD

bzto184.png

xkNdm5.png

aw I'm sorry to hear that .. :( scary ...:(

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
K1 TIMELINE
02-10-2012 - NOA1 (hard copy)
08-22-2012 - NOA2
08-26-2012 - NOA2 (hard copy)
09-06-2012 - Medical (first day)
09-07-2012 - Medical (second day) -
passed!
10-04-2012 - Interview Day - approved!
10-10-2012 - Visa received (3 working days)
10-11-2012 - CFO Seminar (got certificate and sticker one day)

AOS TIMELINE

01-04-2013 - got my SS Card

01-18-2013 - Filing Date

02-14-2013 - Bio Appointment

08-29-2013 - AOS Approved (no interview)

ROC TIMELINE

06-15-2015 - Filing Date

07-23-2015 - Bio Appointment

04-04-2016 - ROC Approved (no interview)

N400 TIMELINE

08-27-2016 - Filing Date

10-03-2016 - Bio Appointment

12-20-2016 - N400 Interview (approved)

12-28-2016 - Oath Taking

Timeline

Were the any questions she specifically pushed you on? Anything you failed to answer, or answered incoherently?

Do you guys have an red flags? Big age gap? How many times and for how long have you met?

What were the pictures like? Did they depict you guys together in different settings, with family, from different places, with different hair cuts etc? Or were most of them very similar with hard-to-tell/similar backgrounds?

In order to help you out here, it's important that you're as detailed as possible on this.

Thanks. Yeah,I thought maybe the number of times we've been together was an issue. He came to visit me last yr in Aug and we still havent been together again since then. It could have made a difference maybe if he came with me to the interview or visited me another time. We had all the papers ready but I guess they weren't strong enough to convince the CO.

Can we still do something about it? :(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Sorry to hear!! So sorry! Please help us with more details! about you & your fiance ... your age, your carrier, how many times have you met, which embassy, married before???

event.png

event.png

AOS I-485:

Package sent: October 10th

NOA1: October 18th

Biometric Letter: October 20th

Biometric apt: November 16th

Timeline

I am sorry. How about money remittance copies? its a strong evidence. I think you just have to get married.

Hi. Nice to hear from you again. No, we didn't have those but we only have receipts of payments we've made thru credit cards.

Yeah, I guess so.. and if we get married, we'll be back to zero again. It's really frustrating.Do we still have other choice?

Thank you again!

Timeline

Sorry to hear!! So sorry! Please help us with more details! about you & your fiance ... your age, your carrier, how many times have you met, which embassy, married before???

I would suggest you that you ask your fiance to come with you to the interview. It's always a case-to-case situation but I think if both of you are there in the interview, there's really an impact. Otherwise, make sure you really spent longer time together or you've met a lot of times.

we have 5yrs age difference and both of us never married before.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.