ilovethee

k1 denied

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Only meeting once is not an issue, emails, phone logs and such are good evidence, also good pictures of the two of you. There has to be something with the questioning that sparked issues in the COs mind, questions not answered to satisfy them. What window where you at, I know the woman CO at window 61 was not very nice when we were there, my Fiancee said to me she hoped we did not get called to that window.

Denial with no 221g and I am sure they returned your passport to you only leaves waiting for the package to go back to NVC and hear from them. From there MAYBE your fiance (USC) can appeal and get them to send the package back to Manila for a second interview. And that is a big MAYBE but I did read of it happening on VJ.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Agreed with many other posters here.There is apparently much info not being told in regards for the basis of the denial. Getting approved for a K1 in the Phils is pretty much a slam dunk if you can follow basic directions....:whistle:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Timeline

remittances is not a basis to deny a visa.. in K1 its not really a requirement.. there are lot of beneficiary who underwent interview who passed w/o remittances.... in immigrant/ spousal/ relative yes i believe remittances is really a necessary...

yeap i agree its not all about remitances . its about how you answer the questions they throw on you , how you respond and your reactions you show to the CO that makes the CO believe that you have a good relationship aside from the documents in hand. I remember they will ask you if you can speak english or speak tagalog and if you prefer english or tagalog interview if you say tagalog the CO wil speak in tagalog.. Maybe the CO is not convinced with your answer. better yet get married then its not the end of tne rope yet.I remember theCo who interview me is nice she spoke tagalog but i answered her in english back.. :thumbs::rofl: Anyway :ot2: goodluck in your journey ahead :clock:

Don't waste any time. While your case is still at the Embassy, have your fiancé request that the Immigration Unit Section Chief review your case. Also, have your fiancé request another interview, an interview both of you will attend and submit more evidence of a bona fide relationship.

By the way, how did your conversation with the Filipino pre-screener go? That may give you a hint as to why you were denied.

Don't waste any time. While your case is still at the Embassy, have your fiancé request that the Immigration Unit Section Chief review your case. Also, have your fiancé request another interview, an interview both of you will attend and submit more evidence of a bona fide relationship.

By the way, how did your conversation with the Filipino pre-screener go? That may give you a hint as to why you were denied.

I strongly agree with Tahoma :thumbs:, DO NOT wait that your file be sent back to USCIS,

have you and fiance contact IVManilaReplies@state.gov. section and appeal for review of your case.

Prove for your bona fide relationship because apparently the hardship is about the CO not convinced about your relationship. This case could be more than just meet of an eye. There must be some red flags or info's you might not be comfortable sharing. There was a poster here before who also got denied for same reason, he met her on his last day at work in Philippines then went back to USA, then a year has passed and filed for K1. I'm sure some of you here remember that post but I know eventually they got the visa approved after the appeal despite of only being together for 24 hours in a year!!! unbelievable!

And oh yes! the pre-screener too can ruin your party. Part of their job is write some recommendations for further questions. Again, it is the totality of the case and how you handled the questions. Good luck!

Edited by issha2lynden

I strongly agree with Tahoma :thumbs:, DO NOT wait that your file be sent back to USCIS,

have you and fiance contact IVManilaReplies@state.gov. section and appeal for review of your case.

Prove for your bona fide relationship because apparently the hardship is about the CO not convinced about your relationship. This case could be more than just meet of an eye. There must be some red flags or info's you might not be comfortable sharing. There was a poster here before who also got denied for same reason, he met her on his last day at work in Philippines then went back to USA, then a year has passed and filed for K1. I'm sure some of you here remember that post but I know eventually they got the visa approved after the appeal despite of only being together for 24 hours in a year!!! unbelievable!

And oh yes! the pre-screener too can ruin your party. Part of their job is write some recommendations for further questions. Again, it is the totality of the case and how you handled the questions. Good luck!

Hello All VJ friends!!! i had been reading this Post since she posted it last wednesday..

i was curious about her case so i send her a private message asking where did she have

her interview and she replied it was in Singapore...as we all thought the interview happen

in Manila,I guess if she had interviewed here in Manila Phil. they would give her a 221g,

to ask some more proof of on going relationship.But this is all happen in Singapore...

I'm really sorry to hear all that sis...God will make away,keep on Praying...

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

Only meeting once is not an issue, emails, phone logs and such are good evidence, also good pictures of the two of you. There has to be something with the questioning that sparked issues in the COs mind, questions not answered to satisfy them. What window where you at, I know the woman CO at window 61 was not very nice when we were there, my Fiancee said to me she hoped we did not get called to that window.

Denial with no 221g and I am sure they returned your passport to you only leaves waiting for the package to go back to NVC and hear from them. From there MAYBE your fiance (USC) can appeal and get them to send the package back to Manila for a second interview. And that is a big MAYBE but I did read of it happening on VJ.

hello there Hank and Amy!!! The interview happen in Singapore,not here in US embassy Manila,

it is really sad to hear one member got denied,they are just like us dying to be with our

Loveones...I hope they wont lose hope,God will make away...

Our Journey Together,Forever...

June 04 Detroit(POE)

June 15 Wedding "Blessed Day!" thank God!

July 13'12 Appointment Civil Surgeon

Adjustment Of Status

July 18'12 Send my application for AOS

July 20'12 USPS delivered my docs. to USCIS Chicago,IL

July 23'12 USCIS received Application(Priority date)

July 26'12 Check cash out/got txt@email,received my application

July 30'12 received mail NOA1(AOS/EAD/AP)

Aug.22'12 Biometrics done(Detroit,MI)

Sept.19 USCIS mailed a noticed they approved my Travel Docs.

Sept.20 EAD card on production(approved in 60 days!)

Sept.25 USPS pick up mail from USCIS(EAD card on the way!)

Sept.27 EAD card received.

Sept 28 went to SSOffice for name change on SSN card.

Oct 05'12 Got my new SSN card.

April 16'13 USCIS emailed Case Status:Card/Document Production.

April 20'13 Recieved mail from USCIS welcome notice.

April 22'13 USCIS email that USPS picked up mail containing my GC.

April 25'13 Green Card on hand,finally!...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All VJ friends!!! i had been reading this Post since she posted it last wednesday..

i was curious about her case so i send her a private message asking where did she have

her interview and she replied it was in Singapore...as we all thought the interview happen

in Manila,I guess if she had interviewed here in Manila Phil. they would give her a 221g,

to ask some more proof of on going relationship.But this is all happen in Singapore...

thanks for the clarification, im sure everyone doesn't know that.

SACRIFICE, COMMITMENT, DEDICATION, A NEW BREED OF ME

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thanks for sharing that. Cuz I was really puzzled, as many others were!

10/17/2008 - First Contact via message in CB

03/15/2009 - Engaged

05/15/2009 - First meeting in person (I traveled to Philippines)

10/05/2010 - Sent I-129F package to Fiancee VISA service for review and forwarding

12/08/2011 - Interview - Approved!

12/20/2011 - VISA in hand! (Never showed up in 2go online tracking!)

01/04/2012 - POE San Francisco(SFO)I met her there.

01/05/2012 - We're Home!

02/14/2012 - Married Valentine's Day 2012!

05/04/2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP packages via FedEx ground

07/26/2012 - EAD/AP Combo card received

"TeddyHoney and SqueezyBear"

(Derrick and Ritchie)

i believe someone says singapore.. read past post..

I was just pointing out that I asked that question the same day this thread was started. An answer to my question could have helped a lot. :thumbs:

Knowing that she interviewed in Singapore does not change the fact that she needs to have her case retained at the Embassy and reviewed by the Section Chief.

Timeline

Do you guys have an red flags? Big age gap?

Age gap is not a red flag. It is unhelpful to promote this myth.

So now we know the interview was in Singapore, which is a curious (major) thing to leave out of the story. There are probably other elements we don't know as well, but it is hard to know what to ask. A complete story of the relationship might tell us something that mattered to the CO.

Marriage doesn't guarantee she will be approved for immigration.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.