ilovethee

k1 denied

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

let your USC write them an email.and explain to them how badly you both in love.and how strong is your relationships with each other.

that will do absolutely nothing.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i really guess you don't have money remittances... it's one of the strongest evidence... why didn't you include those?..:thumbs:

Yes my fiance now wife said they were very interested in the money remittances and even the most recent proof of money remittanmce.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I notice this statement haunts me: phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?".

What I don't see mentioned are: airline bills, airline boarding passes, airline baggage tags, hotel bills, restaurant bills, tangible evidence of meeting in person. This is what the CO was looking for. These have to be original and not photocopies. I suspect this lack of evidence at the interview caused the denial. There was a mountain of evidence, but airline boarding passes and hotel receipts are liquid gold (or platinum) in this process. You can answer everything right, have everything right. But missing those key pieces can cause issues.

Hopefully you got a 221g and can appeal. I would suggest contact the embassy to determine what lack of evidence. From the sounds of it, you were prepared, but not completely prepared. I hope you can get through this.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

I notice this statement haunts me: phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?".

What I don't see mentioned are: airline bills, airline boarding passes, airline baggage tags, hotel bills, restaurant bills, tangible evidence of meeting in person. This is what the CO was looking for. These have to be original and not photocopies. I suspect this lack of evidence at the interview caused the denial. There was a mountain of evidence, but airline boarding passes and hotel receipts are liquid gold (or platinum) in this process. You can answer everything right, have everything right. But missing those key pieces can cause issues.

Hopefully you got a 221g and can appeal. I would suggest contact the embassy to determine what lack of evidence. From the sounds of it, you were prepared, but not completely prepared. I hope you can get through this.

Lack of evidence of meeting in person then, and not that they did not have a valid relationship? Could be that is where she got caught. How to prove the person in the pictures was who she claimed it was. Without an official document, its hard to be 100% sure on the reason. The CO says one thing, the beneficiary hears another thing, then it gets typed up in a and interpreted in a forum in yet another way. I know I had a RFE because I didn't not include a copy of the entry and exit stamps in my passport. Had boarding passes of us both together, itineraries of us together, hotel bills together, pictures together, etc, etc, etc, but that meant nothing without the photocopy of the passport stamps. Guess they all could have been faked.

I hope she gets clarification on why and gets the chance to make things right. I can't even imagine how much it would suck to start from scratch again.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Country:
Timeline
I had my interview today and it was really devastating. The application was denied due to no evidence of ongoing relationship. I have showed the CO phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?". She didn't even want to take the chat summary. I just told her that's all I have. She gave me back the original documents and kept the photocopies. I asked if we can appeal, she said "No appeal, other option is you get married." Just like that.

Lack of evidence of meeting in person then, and not that they did not have a valid relationship? Could be that is where she got caught.

I really doubt the denial was because the CO doesn't believe they met within the last 2 years. That meeting was proven well enough for the I-129f to be approved. In order for the CO to discount that they would need new evidence not available to USCIS at the time the I-129f petition was approved.

I would agree with the thought that the CO was hoping to see remittance receipts.

I would also agree that not every K-1 Beneficiary is asked for this.

My guess would be that the CO had their doubts about the relationship and was looking for something that was a concrete demonstration of commitment from the USC to the beneficiary.

@ilovejustin, how did you meet justin? Is he a Kano or Filipino? There must be something that put the CO on alert. Only one meeting in person isn't usually an issue in the Philippines. Do you have any "immigration history", previous petition filed for you, previous Visa denial, anything?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

All I can say is the person who posted the denial was probably so nervous so shaky during hte interview, then lost when the CO asked for something more and had no idea what to do. then hearing the denial totally sank their hopes. Without knowing the meeting, the process, what was taken, questions asked, and yes if there is any prior visa history of applications on either party. For all we know the denial could have been due to financial responsibility not being met, or maybe some jealous person filed a complaint. Or maybe she just was too nervous and flubbed the questions too much, or tried to answer in English and should have stayed in tagalog to do better. we just don't know. Only the person at the interview knows the reason or the full story..... I feel like being dragged by "junior" on this one.... just enough but not the full picture.....

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So sorry to hear of your denial. With all the great advice above, you will figure out something to be united.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That sucks and sorry to hear that happened to you. I guess some have to be denied, hard to know what the Interviewer was thinking.

Was are the money remittance receipts that you are all talking about? Is that like Xoom transactions if you are supporting and sending money to your fiancee? What if she doesn't need money and no transactions have been made? They will deny? How about if your fiancee has an ATM card of yours and withdraws money that way, just need copy of your bank statement? Anyone can be withdrawing money. Please help me with this as I might be next then. Thanks

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

remittances is not a basis to deny a visa.. in K1 its not really a requirement.. there are lot of beneficiary who underwent interview who passed w/o remittances.... in immigrant/ spousal/ relative yes i believe remittances is really a necessary...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

If you got the 221g, and can appeal, I would suggest to go over your photographs and the proof from your in-person meeting. When we filed for our K1, we had photos from our first greeting and backed up the photos with proof. I had photos from where my wife (fiancee at the time) got her hair done and also included a copy of the receipt where I paid for it with my credit card. Boarding passes that placed me in the Philippines at the time the photos were taken and receipts of purchases that backed everyting up. I also included receipts of remittances. I was also there at the interview (this might have helped more than anything).

I guess I'm trying to say to put yourself in the shoes of the CO and answer the questions you would ask in their place. Try to overcome any possible objection you can think of as a CO.

Don't lose hope...Love will always conquer over red tape and paperwork. :D

Edited by Dave and Melanie

K1 Timeline:
Aug 2007 Met online, April 2009 Met in person (engaged), 6-18-09 Mailed I-129F, 6-29-09 NOA1 received in mail, 9-28-09 NOA2 Hard Copy Received, 10-06-09 NVC Letter Hard Copy, 10-19-09 Medical passed (after some minor paperwork difficulty. whew!), 11-09-09 Interview - APPROVED, 11-17-09 CFO Seminar, 11-21-09 POE Chicago, 12-15-09 Received SSN, 1-13-10 MARRIED!!!!, 1-26-10 Received new SSN card with married name
AOS Timeline
3-26-10 Mailed AOS and EAD to Chicago Lockbox
4-9-10 Received NOA1 for AOS and EAD - Touched
4-22-10 Biometrics completed
5-03-10 AOS Transfered to CSC
6-04-10 AOS APPROVED!!! Welcome notice mailed.
6-07-10 EAD Approved!!! Card production ordered.
6-08-10 GC Production Ordered.
6-12-10 Welcome Notice Received vis USPS.
6-16-10 EAD Received via USPS
6-19-10 GC Arrived via USPS.
Report of Marriage/Passport Change
11-13-10 Filed Report of Marriage and applied for new passport with married name to Philippines Embassy
Removal of Conditions
3-6-12 Mailed I751 to VT Service Center
3-8-12 I751 Delivered to VT Service Center
3-15-12 NOA1 Received by USPS
3-30-12 Biometrics Completed
12-14-12 ROC Approved
12-20-12 10 yr Green Card Received vis USPS
US. Citizenship
9-21-15 Mailed N-400 to TX service center
9-27-15 N-400 Packet delivered to Dallas TX Lockbox
10-01-15 NOA1 notice via text

10-08-15 NOA1 notice via USPS

10-21-15 Biometrics Completed

10-30-15 "In Line" for interview

11-06-15 Interview Letter Received

12-08-15 Naturalization Interview - Louisville, KY Completed (Passed!)

01-13-16 11:05 AM Finished oath and became a citizen of the United States of America on wedding anniversary

01-19-16 Applied for US Passport

02-05-16 Passport Delivered

I had my interview today and it was really devastating. The application was denied due to no evidence of ongoing relationship. I have showed the CO phone bills, itinerary, letters, emails,chat logs and pictures. She kept on asking me, "Anything else you can show me to prove your ongoing relationship?". She didn't even want to take the chat summary. I just told her that's all I have. She gave me back the original documents and kept the photocopies. I asked if we can appeal, she said "No appeal, other option is you get married." Just like that. :(

We don't know what else can we do. My fiance was writing an email to the embassy here but I stopped him from doing so. I thought maybe you guys can give us an idea what will be our next step.

THANK you!

There has to be more to it than this. There has to be some big red flag, that made the CO ask those questions. I know many including myself that only visited once and only had a short courtship. Of the hundreds I have talked to almost all said the CO barely looked at the evidence. Not to be cynical but in almost all these cases in the Philippines, that got a turn down, there turned out to be more to the story.

Is it possible you had a form not filled out, or were lacking some officially required documentation. Did your sponsor meet the income guidelines?. If you had bills, chat logs, pictures etc that should have been more than sufficient.

Timeline

First, let your fiance write at the US embassy, maybe they will review again your papers, and who knows they will consider your evidences...

Also age, and the time that you have been together i don't think this is a big factor sa lahat ng consuls, because so many ladies passed the interview who has at least 20 to 30 years gap between her and her fiance. Also they passed even they only been together for a week, and one time only...

I think the CO who happens to interview you is medyo may gusto pang hanapin sa iyo, or sadyang mahigpit siya...Let your fiance send them letter also if he can ask for his senator's help...

Timeline

This part makes me think there was something missing too. What I haven't read about in the other comments on this post are questions about the engagement. Did you show evidence of an egagement? Wedding ring pictures and receipts? Engagement date in your time line? Planned wedding date? These are all things we included in our K-1 petition. Did she ask you questions about the engagement? Did you by any chance call your fiancee a boyfriend?

How long was his visit in the Philippines? One visit shouldn't normally be a problem unless it was very short and there was other standard evidence missing or small red flags. Did you have pictures with him and your family?

I'm sorry to hear your story and hope you don't let this stop you. I also hope the information you give others on this post may help them avoid similar issues in the future.

Good luck.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.