luckytxn

Gardening threads (merged)

377 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I won't be having bananas. I don't even like bananas. If my wife wants them she can go to the market and buy them. As for flowers my wife chooses the ones she wants and I plant them. The roses are the only thing I can get and have a say so on. When I get my next house I will have a garden and plant what I want along with what my wife wants.

Only Commies hate bananas! You a Commie, boy? tongue.gif That last part about your wife planting things sounds a bit nefarious, just stay away from the chipper/shredder, that's all I'm saying. rofl.gif

Please send your rain to Virginia. Am fed up of standing around with the hose :)

Please tell me that handcuffs aren't also involved. whistling.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Rather in poor taste, don't you think?

rolleyes.gif

Are you the arbiter of good taste or are you planning on thread banning me for no earthly reason? Grow up!

IR5

Timeline

Now where was I? Banana horticulture in the Great Lakes a 300 page dissertation...devil.gifdevil.gifdevil.gif

IR5

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

rolleyes.gif

Are you the arbiter of good taste or are you planning on thread banning me for no earthly reason? Grow up!

cease and desist immediately. this is your only warning.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

NIGHT Blooming Jasmine!!! The bushes that only show fragrance at night in the summer!!! WOW

Not much of looker but even my neighbors further down the street benefit from the scent on evenings...

Do you plan on planting a jasmine or two? Gotta go with the stinky stuff, instant air freshener, who doesn't like the smell of jasmine or lilac? It's always a good time to crank up the Flower Power.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

waaaaait til I get home on the 18th...I have so many photos to share of my CROPS!!!! Dont close anything.

It won't get closed. I will be looking forward to the pics. I also am heading home and hope I will get more done in my beds and take pics.star_smile.gif

Timeline

NIGHT Blooming Jasmine!!! The bushes that only show fragrance at night in the summer!!! WOW

Not much of looker but even my neighbors further down the street benefit from the scent on evenings...

Do you plan on planting a jasmine or two? Gotta go with the stinky stuff, instant air freshener, who doesn't like the smell of jasmine or lilac? It's always a good time to crank up the Flower Power.

Cestrum Nocturnum is one of my faves, the day blooming jasmines (Jasminium sp.) are nice, especially the doubles, they look great, too! Indian Jui (Jasminum Molle) is great, too!

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5

Timeline

It won't get closed. I will be looking forward to the pics. I also am heading home and hope I will get more done in my beds and take pics.star_smile.gif

I've got more pictures, I'll see if I can find them. Can't wait to see your pics.good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

IR5

We bought some geraniums, vinca vines, Dracaena spikes, coleus and violas. I have to watch the weather and if it gets too cold a few will have to go in the garage at night. The Dracaena spikes, violas and vinca vines are very hardy. Tulips have buds but haven't bloomed. I think planting bulbs in containers messes them up. I need to do more research on that.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline

I bought a container of bulbs last Spring. Tulips, daffodils, hyacinths. When they had finished blooming I set them aside and pretty much ignored them until their foliage had died. I removed and just left them alone for the remainder of the summer, then put the container in the garage over winter. This Spring I noticed they were starting to sprout again so I brought them back outside. They bloomed perfectly and now their foliage is starting to wither so the container is going to be set aside again. They looked really lovely on the plant stand on the deck, so I am quite happy with this method.

The draceanas from last year survived the winter. However, the two out front in the large urns look a little worse for wear. I may have to replace those. The violets from last year are going crazy. I had just ignored those all winter also. I trimmed back the vinca vines to a few inches and now they are blooming and have thickened so much that I may have to transplant them to give the other plants room. I did notice that the vines which had embedded themselves into the soil on the other side of the pot have created new roots and have basically recreated themselves.

The landscape company weed-eated my lavender last year, so I dug them back up and re-potted them. They don't look happy and I am ticked.

iagree.gif