luckytxn

Gardening threads (merged)

377 posts in this topic

Timeline

At least we're hitting 60 today, but windy. The wife's petunias are ready to transpant, they've been indoors under lights for the past month and have a few sets of leaves. I've never seen seeds that small before. You need a magnifying glass to see them! It wss 10 seeds for $4-some kind of spreading hybrid variety. At least when the warm weather comes I can tend to my crabgrass and weeds. I'm good at growing them. :devil:

Weeds were invented to mock me.mad.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks. That is the first one to open on my prized rose bush. Hoping when I get home in a day or two to see many more.star_smile.gif

When you write prize bushes does that mean you show them? I am grateful if mine dont have too much mildew on them to have a bloom or two. :blink:

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Spent waaay too much time trying to growing tropicals in these parts. Was growing up to 7 varieties of bananas at one time, any questions on banana growing, I can probably help out. Might be able to help you pick the right variety to try

I actually purchased them for ornamental purposes around the pool and was pleasantly surprised they had little bananas. But they never grew and when the tree fruited that stalk eventually dies. So I never intended to GROW bananas. But if I need to bag them to have the satisfaction of showing my girls we can grow and eat em I would make that effort.

How many nights with frost do you get?

It is sporadic and makes the news a few nights then back to normal. So once in a while....But we Californians have something to talk about.

And speaking of maple syrup...it is good from Canada!! Ironically I brought some here to Morocco to make pancakes and syrup for breakfast!! :thumbs:

event.png

event.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Who is THEY?

My question, exactly.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline

Spent waaay too much time trying to growing tropicals in these parts. Was growing up to 7 varieties of bananas at one time, any questions on banana growing, I can probably help out. Might be able to help you pick the right variety to try

I actually purchased them for ornamental purposes around the pool and was pleasantly surprised they had little bananas. But they never grew and when the tree fruited that stalk eventually dies. So I never intended to GROW bananas. But if I need to bag them to have the satisfaction of showing my girls we can grow and eat em I would make that effort.

How many nights with frost do you get?

It is sporadic and makes the news a few nights then back to normal. So once in a while....But we Californians have something to talk about.

And speaking of maple syrup...it is good from Canada!! Ironically I brought some here to Morocco to make pancakes and syrup for breakfast!! :thumbs:

Ontario produces lots of great stuff, but those Quebecois really know their maple syrup. Vermont maple syrup is just swill compared to the stuff from Quebec. good.gifgood.gif

Your girls would love seeing bananas grow on your own tree. Bananas aren't technically trees but that 's only a technicality. I will be glad to help in any way I can, I only ask that if you have a pup or two, I get dibs on it. Had to go away and most of my tropicals died when I wasn't home. crying.gifcrying.gifcrying.gif

BTW, here's some pics of my babies:

The bigger frangipani/plumeria, they smell fantastic!!!!

20F04-8-3118-51.jpg

44F04-9-619-4.jpg

That's all that counts.

Damn straight!!!

IR5

Timeline

Apparently going to need 3 more rose bushes. As for anymore citrus I will wait until I buy the next house this year and plant next year a couple.

Looks like I will be no longer an OTR truck driver. Going to be weird driving local and being home with the babe a lot.

Good luck with house hunting and save some space in the garden for the odd banana or fig.

One of my guys from two years ago:

IMG_0136.jpg

IR5

Timeline

Weeds were invented to mock me.mad.gif

So true, perhaps you'd like to discuss this over a fresh prune from my tree?

IMG_0145.jpg

Edited by IR5FORMUMSIE

IR5