luckytxn

Gardening threads (merged)

377 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Last year I had a veggie garden with 5 tomato plants, 4 bell peppers, some corn and some watermelons in my little raised bed. And I had the soil "tuned" just right and had a ginormous bumper crop. On a single plant, I was getting 50 plus tomatoes at the same time! I got so sick of tomatoes I can't even describe it even after giving bunches away. LOL

This year I only planted 2 tomatoes, 1 each of big slicers and 1 grape tomatoes. And I put in just 2 bellpepper plants. I'll be planting corn and watermelons later this week. I'll get some pix up once that's done.

Next year when my Pinay and her boy are here, we'll be planting a 50'x100' plot with all kinds of stuff.

I've had some great luck with flowers as well, but haven't done any of those for a couple years. Got tons of pix of those.

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Timeline

Last year I had a veggie garden with 5 tomato plants, 4 bell peppers, some corn and some watermelons in my little raised bed. And I had the soil "tuned" just right and had a ginormous bumper crop. On a single plant, I was getting 50 plus tomatoes at the same time! I got so sick of tomatoes I can't even describe it even after giving bunches away. LOL

This year I only planted 2 tomatoes, 1 each of big slicers and 1 grape tomatoes. And I put in just 2 bellpepper plants. I'll be planting corn and watermelons later this week. I'll get some pix up once that's done.

Next year when my Pinay and her boy are here, we'll be planting a 50'x100' plot with all kinds of stuff.

I've had some great luck with flowers as well, but haven't done any of those for a couple years. Got tons of pix of those.

Please show pics when you get any. I love gardens. I can't plant a regular garden this year but plan on next year. When I return I plan on forcing the buds on the rose bushes I have if any are being stubborn and will take more pics of them. Also will be getting the beds ready for a multitude of flowers the wife chooses. Two of my rose bushes that were my stars last year I am hoping for the best.

We also grew tons of tomatoes when I was growing up along with squash and melons and other veggies.

I like growing sunflowers but it is a bit early yet. Maybe next week and keep them inside until May. My wife already has petunias and marigolds growing for about 3 weeks now. Her rose bush is starting to grow leaves again and the poinsettia from 2 years ago is alive and well.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I like planting squash & dandylions grow effortlessly.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

I like growing sunflowers but it is a bit early yet. Maybe next week and keep them inside until May. My wife already has petunias and marigolds growing for about 3 weeks now. Her rose bush is starting to grow leaves again and the poinsettia from 2 years ago is alive and well.

Cool. We also grew sunflowers when I was growing up. Loved them. Wife has good taste in flowers. If the roses are just starting then that means you live further north. Glad to see another rose grower.

Cool. We also grew sunflowers when I was growing up. Loved them. Wife has good taste in flowers. If the roses are just starting then that means you live further north. Glad to see another rose grower.

Yea, we're in MA. It was in the 80's a week and a half ago and then we've had 40's in the days and 20's at night. Today it was in the 50's.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Yea, we're in MA. It was in the 80's a week and a half ago and then we've had 40's in the days and 20's at night. Today it was in the 50's.

Beautiful country up that way. Spring time is coming. When I was young we had a green house to start some plants early.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Was just home and doing yard work and noticed my rose bushes about to burst forth. Wanted to see other gardens. It is that time of year.

Very nice, was never a big fan of rose bushes but I am partial to the odd floribunda.good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

There is something terribly wonderful about those Russian Giant sunflowers, grew one that reached 10' when I was a kid. I've cut way back, just a few tropicals and the fruit trees, along with the Echinops and whatnot. Love hollyhocks, too.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif