17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I got the word around 5:30 AM this morning that we were approved for our K1 Visa!!! We were so happy that I cried and he nearly did! Cannot wait until he is here! We wish everyone else good luck and speedy processing with theirs! Thanks to all who have helped us out with info. Especially NichNick. You were indispensable!!! (hope I spelled that correctly!)

I hope those of you who hang out on here often take it easy on the next batch of new ones. Remember how hard it was when you went through the process. Some of you all are pretty rough on here. But some of you were just a great help and comfort!!! Any of you UK folks who need to know timelines, etc. feel free to message me to get our info but I don't plan on hanging around here anymore. Thanks everyone!!! :)

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Congratulations!!!!!! Happy for you and good luck with the next step!!!! :) :)

Teddy and Pika

26, November 2009: Teddy meet me in Peru for the 1st time!!
04, April 2010: Our Engagement ♥♥
16, March 2011: We got Married!!! :) :)

27, May 2011: I-130 Sent
31, May 2011: I-130 NOA1
13, September 2011: I-130 APPROVED!!
06, October 2011: NVC Received package
23, October 2011: NVC send Instruction Package
29, November 2011: Case completed at NVC
02, January 2012: Medical Test
11, January 2012: Interview date - APPROVED!!! YAY!!!!! :) :) :)
14, January 2012: VISA in hand!!! YAYYYYY!!!
11, March 2012: My Teddy picks me up!!
14, March 2012: Date of travel to USA!!! Finally with my Teddy ♥♥♥♥
10, April 2012: Social Security Card Received yay!!
13, April 2012: Welcome Letter Received :) :)
17, April 2012: Green Card Received :) :) :) :)

18, June 2012: I'm 7 weeks pregnant!!! and we saw our TeddyPika baby on
the ultrasound for the 1st time!!!! :)♥♥ Yay!!
16, July 2012: We bought my car!!! yay!! :) :)
13, August 2012: 14 Weeks pregnant and the wonderful ultrasound! It's a baby boy!
16, August 2012: Got my Florida Driver License!! Finally! :) :)
24, July 2014: Green Card conditions done!!!! No interview needed!! Yay! :dancing:

09, September 2014: 10 weeks pregnant! Baby #2 is on the way!!! (L)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Congratulations, enjoy the flights. Don't open the envelope, tempting uh.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

I got the word around 5:30 AM this morning that we were approved for our K1 Visa!!! We were so happy that I cried and he nearly did! Cannot wait until he is here! We wish everyone else good luck and speedy processing with theirs! Thanks to all who have helped us out with info. Especially NichNick. You were indispensable!!! (hope I spelled that correctly!)

I hope those of you who hang out on here often take it easy on the next batch of new ones. Remember how hard it was when you went through the process. Some of you all are pretty rough on here. But some of you were just a great help and comfort!!! Any of you UK folks who need to know timelines, etc. feel free to message me to get our info but I don't plan on hanging around here anymore. Thanks everyone!!! :)

Congrats! im happy for you!

Anyways don't stop hanging around here, coz after you got your interview, medical, and after you got your visa, im sure there are more questions, after you get to your destination, or after you got married, coz you need to file the following:

AOS- Adjustment of status you have to file that once your already there, after you got married, but dont worry about that now.

Removing of Conditions

Citizenship but thats optional.

Goodluck for your Journey!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

You'll probably stop by when it's time for AOS again. Congrats : )

I do remember all to well how it was waiting around for NOA2, and not really having anyone to vent to from my family or friends. I might as well have spoken Greek and they'd understand about the same when it related to immigration stuff. They still can't relate so I keep hanging around VJ for immigration related issues. :)

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Congrats!

USCIS

29 DEC 2011: I-129F sent

12 JAN 2012: NOA1 via E-mail

17 JAN 2012: Mil. Expedite Request Sent to CSC

19 JAN 2012: NOA1 Hard Copy

25 JAN 2012: Call USCIS to ask if file is at CSC yet, was informed of an email requesting documents that I never received

25 JAN 2012: Response for 'Typographical Error' in the email from the 20th(no wonder I didnt get it)

25 JAN 2012: Documents requested sent back to Case Officer

30 JAN 2012: NOA2 Hard Copy Via Snail Mail

NVC

30 JAN 2012: I-129F Packet Arrives

31 JAN 2012: Case forwarded to Embassy

Embassy

03 FEB 2012: Signed for at USEM

23 FEB 2012: Packet 3 arrives

28 FEB 2012: Packet 3 sent

05 MAR 2012: Packet 4 arrives

23 MAR 2012: Interview/221(g)

02 APR 2012: Approval!

04 APR 2012: Visa in hand ^_^

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

lol you'll be back! as others have said you'll need our services in the future. Sorry you feel you are "done".

Fellow VJ'ers saved my wife and I nearly 10 grand in immigration lawyers and for that we will always be grateful. Not to mention calming worries at times of stress, and offering a needed laugh or two.

This is a fantastic community if I can offer help and advice from our experiences that can help just 1 couple's life a little easier on their "visa journey" then the community will continue to go from strength to strength.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.