niktik

How can I bring my wife in 6 months

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hello,

I was searching whole night and day but couldn't find a solution :( I am a greencard holder and its almost 4yrs I am in usa. I got married 2 month ago in my country, but I want to bring my wife in 6 months. I have good finical recored, and spending money won't be a problem for me.

As I can see if I apply for I-130 immigrant visa it would take 4yrs or so but is there a way to bring her in usa using visitor visa or something. She is in 11th grade so the student visa won't work for her. And for visitor visa as she is young she doesn't has good finical background. So what should I do :( I am really really upset atm please help me out.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Nothing you can do, send in I-130 and wait - sooner you apply, sooner she is going to get a visa. Alternative - move to her country but you'll loose you green card. Visitor visa is up to 6 months only (which is not guaranteed - can be just a few days - up to CBP discretion) and overstay will cause her being not able to adjust status or get immigrant visa until you become a citizen. Any other non-immigrant visa will be difficult due to obvious immigration intent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It will take about 2 years if you are green card holder. In your case there are 2 possibilities:

1) Get married now, apply for the family member as green card holder - it will take about 2 years AFTER you get married, collect documents and apply

2) Wait till your citizenship (1 year?) and apply for K1. In the meantime visit her as much as you can and collect evidence. It will take about 6-9 months to get K1 visa.

It will take about 2 years if you are green card holder. In your case there are 2 possibilities:

1) Get married now, apply for the family member as green card holder - it will take about 2 years AFTER you get married, collect documents and apply OP stated he is already married

2) Wait till your citizenship (1 year?) and apply for K1. In the meantime visit her as much as you can and collect evidence. It will take about 6-9 months to get K1 visa. Change this to a CR-1/IR-1 visa instead of K-1 as the OP is already married.

Option #2 is the way I would go, but it will be 2 years either way--1 more year for your citizenship and 9-12 months for the CR-1/IR-1 visa.

Dave

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Or....

File the petition now.

Naturalize in a year and get her case upgraded to CR/IR.

This should cut the wait in half.

or how about i try to bring her using any visitor visa, once she is usa I will marry her again in here. is this work or no chance at all... thank a lot everyone for helping me out.

No chance at all.

1. This is illegal.

2. She will not be able to live here because there is a 2 year wait for visa numbers to be current for spouses of LPRs.

3. You are already married and can't get married again in most states, unless you lie.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

It would be extremely difficult for her to get a tourist visa and I'm not even sure if she can apply on her own at her age in any event.

File a CR-1 for her now and get the petition upgraded after you naturalise.

Timeline
I got married 2 month ago in my country ... She is in 11th grade so the student visa won't work for her.
Nobody noticed he married a 15 year old? (or maybe she's all of 16 now.....)

He actually didn't specify her age, In the US most 11th graders would be 17 or 18 but very few would actually be under 16. Most states allow marriage at age of 16 with parental consent.

Also, we don't know the OP's age,just that he's been an LPR for 4 years. He could possibly be only 18 himself.

I agree however that if she's under 18 USCIS might not like the idea of immigrating her on a spousal visa so that should be investigated but it's a moot point right now as the process will take at least a couple of years.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

missed that part..

but 11th grade in Bangladesh, maybe not be the same as here :)

Edited by skiptex

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

or how about i try to bring her using any visitor visa, once she is usa I will marry her again in here. is this work or no chance at all... thank a lot everyone for helping me out.

No this will not work, this will be a visa fraud for which she can be banned for her life.

1. You (she) would be lieing on non-immigrant application that she is not married.

2. Even if you get married in US as an LPR you will not be able to do AOS immediately.

Best option is file for i-130 now, whenever you become citizen upgrade the application.

Nobody noticed he married a 15 year old? (or maybe she's all of 16 now.....)

I noticed 11th grade - she is probably 16 or 17 which must be legal in their country. I was thinking having your wife move to the US without a high school diploma is probably a bad idea, but the other aspects make this not that important now. She can't move here now. Period.

So, USCIS accepts marriages that are legal in other countries with some exceptions. Bigamy, no, cousins who marry must be moving to a state where cousin-marriage is allowed, etc. What does USCIS do for underage brides/grooms? Do the people need to prove that their marriage is legal in their state?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Timeline

He actually didn't specify her age, In the US most 11th graders would be 17 or 18 but very few would actually be under 16. Most states allow marriage at age of 16 with parental consent.

Also, we don't know the OP's age,just that he's been an LPR for 4 years. He could possibly be only 18 himself.

I agree however that if she's under 18 USCIS might not like the idea of immigrating her on a spousal visa so that should be investigated but it's a moot point right now as the process will take at least a couple of years.

If the OP is 40+, well, the USCIS folks will ask a lot of questions, not the least of which will be..."how long have you known your husband?" - and she responds..." (fill in the blank..)"...sounds like a child bride that was arranged in a manner that might not be acceptable to our society.

Timeline
Yet again, you jump to wild conclusions. You have no reason to believe the OP is 40+. You are just guessing the worst case scenario to be dramatic and scream fraud, which is basically all you do on this site.

Noah Lot who has no flag, no timeline and adds nothing but implications of Pedophilia and Immigration Fraud with wild baseless accusations on VJ.

I think maybe the username should reflect how little they actually seem to know instead of implying that their knowledge exceeds most of the other members on VJ.

Edited by Bob 4 Anna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.