VanessaTony

Restrict Regional forums to flag bearers

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I was thinking of a topic last night that I would like to post in the Aussie sub-forum however I do NOT want people from other countries to read it (because I have a closer relationship to my country-men). Is it possible to enable a feature where you can select that option? As in it only shows up to people that have the flag (or country set) of that country/sub-forum (except mods of course).. people without a flag would also be excluded (which should mean more people will set up their profiles)?

It sounds ominous but I've found there are a couple of members that are quite rude who like to belittle people and their opinions (sometimes not technically a "personal attack" so their comment can't be removed). They aren't from Australia, they don't understand our ways, our manner of speaking and take offense. There are also certain members who like to stalk certain members and be mean or rude and given the delicate nature of the post I want to make (mods/Ewok please PM if you want to know what it's about) I don't want to open myself, or those that reply, to the ridicule of these members. I want to be able to post "Things I miss about Aus" (that's not actually the topic but for example) without having those kinds of people coming in and derailing the topic by picking apart anything they don't understand or agree with. I've found that between country-men even when they disagree they do it in a manner we're "use to" and it isn't as grating or offensive.

I also understand that the USC might be the one with the flag set, but they're marrying an Aussie so they tend to be on the same wavelength (might not understand words but have similar values that attracted them to their SO), or it opens up a topic for them to talk to "their Aussie" about.

I don't know if that makes any sense. If it's not possible I will of course just post in the the chat thread, or I'll just post it in another media and link it to them (which is messy but an option).

Anyway just an idea :) Thanks in advance for considering it :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Nice one Vanessa&Tony... Totally understand your point.. so that when a person needs general info they can post wherever but when it's specific to the country/culture then those members are the only ones to see/be able to make comments. And they would understand what's being said with the slang etc without any issues.

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

You must not be familiar with how internet forums work Vanessa. If you want private conversation with only those you like, then perhaps you should either start your own forum, or find another medium (PM, or facebook).

Timeline

Does this mean Vanessa will stop trolling the Philippines forum? :unsure:

Lol. I didn't realise you felt this way :P I just click "New Content" and read topics where the titles appear interesting. I rarely check for where it's posted (one of the reasons I asked about this because if I don't look, others probably don't). I will try and pay more attention :)

Timeline

So you like to check out all the new content, but somehow want to restrict others from doing the same, to your posts?

Of course I include myself in the restriction. Currently there's no way to block people from seeing a topic and I don't check. THAT'S what I'm saying. I forget to check, I'm sure others forget as well. Also thinking about the topic I want to post I thought about how it must feel so I'm going to attempt to change that and try and make sure I avoid replying to regional forum topics (unless someone quotes something I've already written) but of course I can change myself, it doesn't stop others who couldn't give a #######.

I go through the New Content because sometimes people post questions in the wrong spot (like AOS qns in the K1 forum). I read "my" typical forums first then rather than keep those tabs open I just hit New Content to see if there's any updates since I was there last.

**Edit - Also, I don't mean ALL topics in Regional blocked, I mean when you posted in the regional forum could there be an option "Open to All" and "Regional members only" so people can post sensitive topics restricted, or regional specific qns like "Police certs in Aus" wouldn't matter if it's open to all.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

maybe it's just time for a 24 to 48 hour 'read only mode', time-out so to speark, in all but the immigration forums?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !