freshaire

Should I rat on my scammer girlfriend?

44 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I got scammed by a Filipina for a web cam (it was probably a man in hind sight). I put her name and picture on http://dragonladies.org/bbs/ and about 9 months later a guy contacted me and told me he suspected that this was the same girl that he had been dealing with. He told me he has already sent her over $ 20,000. I told him she was a fraud but the last time I spoke with him, he was still dealing with her and had only seen her on web cam a few times.

Americans are so stupid to the rest of the world and their scams. I am an American so I know this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I got scammed by a Filipina for a web cam (it was probably a man in hind sight). I put her name and picture on http://dragonladies.org/bbs/ and about 9 months later a guy contacted me and told me he suspected that this was the same girl that he had been dealing with. He told me he has already sent her over $ 20,000. I told him she was a fraud but the last time I spoke with him, he was still dealing with her and had only seen her on web cam a few times.

Americans are so stupid to the rest of the world and their scams. I am an American so I know this.

I don't know if the generalization applies, but I must say I find it somewhat true. We get those emails about cashing checks worth millions and are left penniless. We meet folks (in US and abroad) that sweet talk us and whalaa! next thing you know we're in the craphole. Maybe we are too kind-hearted? I wish there was a educational campaign preventing americans into being scammed by LDR. Maybe there's one, I don't know.

That said, this case is, what a writer friend of mine would say, "sadlarious." HE sent her $20,000?

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

freshaire,

Check out www.russianwomendiscussion.com to meet and talk with many Western men interested in Russian and FSU womwn. Much information and opinions plus contributions form the women. Can be a lifeasver.

Do this. This site is devoted to those whose interests lie in the FSU only.

Look, you got scammed. You thought she would work out and then found you were betrayed.You are angry. Rightfully so. But there is little you can do about it. If you want to go to some anti scammer sites to have her name and photos listed, and it makes you feel better, then go for it. For all you know she might already be there, from a guy before you. I know some guys who were saved because another had posted their story. But there will be others after you who will fall into the same trap and you cannot be a savior to everyone. As far as saying something to an embassy, you can write a letter to them, as a form of catharsis, but I doubt it will do any good. But try to keep in mind this thought. These women will eventually screw up trying to juggle everything and in the end lose it all.

I can't give you any idea what you should do to your girlfriend. I've only giving some point of view whoever read this thread. Be careful putting your pictures into social networking websites for example, Wayn, Tagged, or any others. People would use it to scammed out money. You do not know who takes your pictures in the massive world wide web nowadays. Remember blogger from Syria? . Scammers would never revealed themselves if they are think smarter than the victims. The blogger wasn't a scammer but just an example to give a warning that easy to fool another by using someone else pictures.

Stolen photographs

On June 8, Jelena Lečić, a Croatian national and expatriate in the United Kingdom, issued a statement that the pictures claiming to represent Arraf al Omari were actually of herself, forcing The Guardian to expunge and replace photos that had been from the newspaper's past articles.[31][32][17][33] Lečić, who worked as an administrator at the Royal College of Physicians in London, was made aware of the issue by a friend, and appeared on the BBC's Newsnight to clarify that she had never known of the Syrian woman and that the usage of Lečić's personal images had been going on for some period of time.[34][35]

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Yes but it was 15 years ago. Is that relevant?

Sorry, I think I may have got you mixed up with someone else who was a serial petitioner.

She cheated on you, unpleasant as that is, it's not a scam or crime.

As you said you were "weeks before we planned to submit documents", where is the scam??

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

Sorry, I think I may have got you mixed up with someone else who was a serial petitioner.

She cheated on you, unpleasant as that is, it's not a scam or crime.

As you said you were "weeks before we planned to submit documents", where is the scam??

Of course maybe im too close to it, but I would assert this situation is not merely a matter of "a cheating woman",

as it is in the context of a 95% completed visa application, just short of mailing to Texas.

I really do want the Embassy to take note of this situation. By your reasoning, they will not unless i now

go ahead with the application so that it's "technically" a potential crime.

If I were sure this would not be "counted against me" as a second visa application, I would seriously consider

paying the fee and submitting the forms with her signature etc.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Of course maybe im too close to it, but I would assert this situation is not merely a matter of "a cheating woman",

as it is in the context of a 95% completed visa application, just short of mailing to Texas.

I really do want the Embassy to take note of this situation. By your reasoning, they will not unless i now

If I were sure this would not be "counted against me" as a second visa application, I would seriously consider

There was a post sometime late last year where the guy went through the visa process, sent money for the medicals, and police checks, and I think even paid for her apartment and stuff while processing it all and when it came to the interview she told him she went and was denied and sent him *proof* in the form of an email from the consulate. Problem was the forwarded email didn't look right, the email address didn't look right, and he noticed the email was dated MONTHS ago. He posted the email here and asked about it and was advised it was a fake email. He called the embassy and was told that she never WENT to the interview.

Turned out he was a victim of a common "dating scam" in Russia/Ukraine. They aren't a high fraud visa country because they don't want visas, they just want people to send them money so they fake relationships. Sometimes involve visa stuff but because they don't actually want to MOVE to the US it's not considered a "visa scam", it's a money scam.

It seems like you're a victim of the same thing. The girl is real, she is just pretending and probably would have kept leading you on. Even applying for the visa and all that to get money and gifts from her "fiance". It could be that she's a visa scammer but it's more likely, given what you've said about her, that she's a money scammer. USCIS won't approve her visa, she probably won't even do what's required to be approved, but while it's all processing she'll get money. It's pretty good income so I'm told.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So, i ask again, how did you find out about all of this? Was she unable to hide it from you when you visited? Did you follow her around? Did you just ask her? How did you two meet? Had you met in person before the long distance relationship? Did she deny everything at first? Where's your proof?

Edited by Scafidi454

So, i ask again, how did you find out about all of this? Was she unable to hide it from you when you visited? Did you follow her around? Did you just ask her? How did you two meet? Had you met in person before the long distance relationship? Did she deny everything at first? Where's your proof?

We met online, and then met every 2-4 months in various locations around the world for over 2 years.

Yes she has continuously denied anything except a clean clear history of loyalty (obviously she is the most

adept liar I have ever met) and yes i have much evidence about her carnal infidelities plus other possible

plans for when she gets established in the US.

While I do appreciate advice, I would rather not divulge too much about how and what kind of information. I can say

that it includes letters and photos that would not be compatible with the intention of coming to the US to marry.

OMG I believe you would consider it.

I'm pretty sure the cost of a stamp is less than a/another visa fee though.

Good luck :thumbs:

K-1
NOA1 Nov 25th 2011
NOA2 May 30th 2012 (not a typo, 187 days no RFE)
Left NVC Jun 18th 2012
Medical Jun 28th 2012
Pkt 3 sent Jul 3rd 2012
Pkt 3 rec Jul 9th 2012 (sent before received)
Pkt 4 rec Jul 30th 2012
Interview Jul 30th 2012 (refused for lack of ongoing relationship evidence)
Approved Oct 5th 2012
Visa delivered Oct 10th 2012
POE JFK-NYC Nov 28th 2012
Married Dec 24th 2012

AOS
Package sent Jan 30th 2013
NOA1 Feb 6th 2013
Biometrics Mar 4th 2013
EAD/AP card in production Apr 5th 2013
EAD/AP card in mail Apr 11th 2013
EAD/AP card arrived Apr 13th 2013
SS card arrived Apr 19th 2013

AOS approved Sept 19th 2013 (no interview)

ROC

Package sent Sept 13th 2015

NOA1 Sept 15th 2015

Extension Letter 1yr Sept 15th 2015

Biometrics Oct 15th 2015

RFE Jul 11th 2016

Infopass 1yr extension Aug 26th 2016

RFE response Sept 30th 2016

Interview Mar 15th 2017

"You are lucky we are busy today, we are trying to clear this area, otherwise I wouldn't let you in" - Atlanta CBP Securing America's Borders

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There was the one from Colombia, apparently she had 2 running at the same time.

It seemed however she did want to move, whichever one came through first.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.