snooky007

Help!!!!!!

50 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I-94 is not a visa. When you enter on a K-1 you have 90 days to get married to the petitioner. Then you file Adjustment of Status form I-485 and the K-1 is changed to a CR-1 visa.

Adjustment of status does not convert any visa. It results in a green card, that is used instead of a visa. CR1 is both a visa category and an immigration status. A K1 visa holder who files a timely application to adjust status is granted CR1 status, not a new CR1 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Please note that the timeline associated with the OP's account indicates not only that they are in the USA but that they are married. Of course, the dates indicate they entered next month and were married on a date prior to entry. Please fix the dates in the timeline to reflect the actual circumstances.

Maybe the OP did mistake to enter an actual data on timeline. It says entry in 2012 but marriage was in 2011. Sounds is not correct way unless they were both married before enter US. Weren't they?

Visa Received :2011-07-25US Entry :2012-01-12Marriage :2011-08-11

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Adjustment of status does not convert any visa. It results in a green card, that is used instead of a visa. CR1 is both a visa category and an immigration status. A K1 visa holder who files a timely application to adjust status is granted CR1 status, not a new CR1 visa.

your k-1 status is adjusted to a CR-1 status. same thing as what I originally said?

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

You misunderstand.

The K-1 has a validity of six months in which you must use it to enter the US. It is a one time use visa. Upon entry using the K-1, the K-1 is cancelled and replaced with a I-94 visa which is valid for 90 days. You must get married to the K-1 petitioner within this 90 days of entry or return.

This is what started off the confusion because it is not correct. I-94 is not a visa and It doesn't cancel out a K-1.

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe the OP did mistake to enter an actual data on timeline. It says entry in 2012 but marriage was in 2011. Sounds is not correct way unless they were both married before enter US. Weren't they?

Visa Received :2011-07-25US Entry :2012-01-12Marriage :2011-08-11

Girl from Celebes is free to reply, question or ask. It is a Forum and the OP can read and make decisions based upon the advice/opinions of the replies to their post. That what VJ is. A Help Center or a Place to talk. It is not designed for Self Made Immigration Attorneys. So. Girl from Celebes. You have freedom to ask, reply or question as anyone else does here. Beware of Orange Hearts with an Attitude. :ot2:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Girl from Celebes is free to reply, question or ask. It is a Forum and the OP can read and make decisions based upon the advice/opinions of the replies to their post. That what VJ is. A Help Center or a Place to talk. It is not designed for Self Made Immigration Attorneys. So. Girl from Celebes. You have freedom to ask, reply or question as anyone else does here. Beware of Orange Hearts with an Attitude. :ot2:

Thank you Tim/Mavyes.gif. I am just a newbie here. I would love to ask or giving an opinion rather than to answer because I have no knowledge about the subject unless some people here giving the information what is about. That's how I learn. innocent.gif. I could go "googled" it but most important that talking to the 1st hands is really most matter.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

K1 is not a status. CR1 is both a status and visa. Your statement was incorrect. Now you know the correct terminology, so you can use it in the future.

You like to play on words lol. I am actually an attorney, im not going to argue with you but your wrong on a few things, but its not important. Anyway have a nice day.

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

i believe the confusion with dates in the timeline are down to the OP filling out "intended" dates, plans changing, and then not correcting the timeline. in a later post she states that she is still in the UK and has not used the K-1 visa to enter the US.

i will also say that this whole post has gotten totally sidetracked making it almost impossible for anyone to understand what is going on and to give advice

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You like to play on words lol. I am actually an attorney, im not going to argue with you but your wrong on a few things, but its not important. Anyway have a nice day.

Correct terminology use does not constitute a play on words. Being an attorney, even an immigration attorney doesn't make wrong, right.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I am not in the US yet I live in England but was going to travel to the US on the K1visa to spend few days and return before it expires. Also if we want to cancel the petition do we call USCIS?

Cancel the petition now. You can enter the US using the Visa Waver Permit and stay a couple of days that way.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Saeeds-I94Form.jpg

the above is an i-94. it is not a visa!

An I-94 is a form denoting the Arrival-Departure Record of particular foreigners used by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) uses Form I-94 also.

many of us are familiar with this form as we've seen it passed out on flights heading to the usa.

terminology is very important, as previously noted. if one gets their terms mixed up while offering advice to another member, you could be sending someone off armed with loads of misinformation.

in summary - please take corrections to terminology gracefully.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.