snooky007

Help!!!!!!

50 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm going to say NO. Because you are entering on a K-1 Visa and and you have no intention of marrying. That won't look good. I might be wrong but I doubt it. It is meaningful fraud to me. If your going to cancel the Petition, cancel it and enter on a Tourist/Vistitor Visa. Thats my thought

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for your reply. I am not in the US yet I live in England but was going to travel to the US on the K1visa to spend few days and return before it expires. Also if we want to cancel the petition do we call USCIS?

one thing about being from the UK is that you can use the VWP to travel to the US (thats assuming you are able to use the VWP) and i think that would be the safest option if you think there is a chance of working things out with your fiance and applying for a K-1 again later.

Edited by Dan & Jenni

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

one thing about being from the UK is that you can use the VWP to travel to the US (thats assuming you are able to use the VWP) and i think that would be the safest option if you think there is a chance of working things out with your fiance and applying for a K-1 again later.

It can be Canceled by the Petitioner or Beneficairy . She cannot enter on a K-1 Visa legally when that is not the entent. Can she use that K-1 to enter? YES. Fraudulently with No Intention to Marry. As Jim talked ealier, it will come back and BITE them is the #### Later. (Even though those were'nt Jim's exact words. ) There is a time period here to the OP to Cancel the Petition. This will be soon. MAIL (Certified Return) and Call the Embassey and cancel if this is your choice.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear this.

Edited by Tim/Mav

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

It can be Canceled by the Petitioner or Beneficairy . She cannot enter on a K-1 Visa legally when that is not the entent. Can she use that K-1 to enter? YES. As Jim talked ealier, it will come back and BITE them is the #### Later. (Even though those were'nt Jim's exact words.

yeah i must admit it isnt a risk i would be willing to take

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Agreed. The K-1 Visa is not TO GET TO KNOW EACHOTHER better or she can come see your house. However, the 90 days is there for a reason. Will it work and do each of the parties fell the same way. In this case, there are doubts. Better they split and leave the doubt behind. If it was Love, there would be No Doubt.

My assuming, 90 days is the frame time to planning a wedding, perhaps? Some people need a lot time to do that especially for a big family. Another words, I have no any idea, to be honest.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Timeline

My assuming, 90 days is the frame time to planning a wedding, perhaps? Some people need a lot time to do that especially for a big family. Another words, I have no any idea, to be honest.

You can't be Serious. LOL Young Lady... :wow:

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I have a K1 visa and still valid, it expires on Jan 21st. My fiance and I had are having a misunderstanding and we do not plan to get married in few days. If we want to apply for the K1 visa in the future will it be a problem? I was thinking of using it for just few days but I don't know if it will be a problem. Please I need suggestions pleaseeeee :help::help:

You misunderstand.

The K-1 has a validity of six months in which you must use it to enter the US. It is a one time use visa. Upon entry using the K-1, the K-1 is cancelled and replaced with a I-94 visa which is valid for 90 days. You must get married to the K-1 petitioner within this 90 days of entry or return.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

You can't be Serious. LOL Young Lady... :wow:

laughing.gif. I thought so.

You misunderstand.

The K-1 has a validity of six months in which you must use it to enter the US. It is a one time use visa. Upon entry using the K-1, the K-1 is cancelled and replaced with a I-94 visa which is valid for 90 days. You must get married to the K-1 petitioner within this 90 days of entry or return.

I've never heard about I-94 something before. Thank you for the info.good.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

**** two topics on the same issue merged. Please do not start more than one topic on an issue, instead ask any follow up questions in this thread ****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

If you don't plan to marry then don't use the visa. Every visa has rules regarding what your intentions may or may not be when you enter the US. The K1 visa requires that you intend to marry the petitioner when you enter the US. If you don't then you're misusing the visa. If USCIS or Department of State finds out then that could scuttle any chances of getting a visa in the future. The CBP officer who admits you may ask some relatively benign questions, but your answers could seal your fate forever with US immigration. For example, what if he asks "When are you getting married?". If you tell the truth then you won't be admitted. If you lie and give a fake date, and it's later discovered that you lied, then you could be determined to be guilty of material misrepresentation. Intent to marry is required with a K1 visa, and any answer to any question about marriage would be material to determining if you should be admitted to the US.

If you apply for a K1 visa in the future then they won't deny it simply because you had a previous K1 through the same petitioner, but didn't use it. However, you could certainly expect the previous K1 to be a topic of discussion at your next visa interview.

To obtain a K1 visa, you would have included a letter of intent indicating you are free to and intend to marry the US Citizen Petitioner within 90 days of entering the USA with the K1 visa. Any other use of the visa is fraud. Yes, people do enter and then later change their mind, don't marry and leave. This becomes a part of their US immigration history and is considered anytime they become involved in entering or immigrating to the USA. If you no longer intend to enter the USA within six months of visa issue and marry the petitioner within 90 days, then notify the Immigrant Visa Unit in London and ask them to cancel the K1 visa.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Please note that the timeline associated with the OP's account indicates not only that they are in the USA but that they are married. Of course, the dates indicate they entered next month and were married on a date prior to entry. Please fix the dates in the timeline to reflect the actual circumstances.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

laughing.gif. I thought so.

I've never heard about I-94 something before. Thank you for the info.good.gif

I-94 is not a visa. When you enter on a K-1 you have 90 days to get married to the petitioner. Then you file Adjustment of Status form I-485 and the K-1 is changed to a CR-1 visa.

Edited by Frank and Racquel

Frank and Racquel

04-15-2010 - met online

11-23-2011 - married

12-08-2011 - sent I-130 (Chicago Lock-Box)

12-12-2011 - NOA1 (California Service Center)

You misunderstand.

Someone said it is not a visa.wacko.gif

Edited by Girl from Celebes

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Timeline

Please note that the timeline associated with the OP's account indicates not only that they are in the USA but that they are married. Of course, the dates indicate they entered next month and were married on a date prior to entry. Please fix the dates in the timeline to reflect the actual circumstances.

:innocent: Wow, looked at it. Now thats confusing.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

I-94 is not a visa

I am get confused.blink.gif

- Sun Tzu-

-Confucius-

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.