Rod_Casta

USCIS processing of applications in unfair

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It is so unfair that USCIS approve people who applied later, if it was a fair process it should be a first come first served but apparently there is just no standards for the process... it is like being waiting in line at the Bank for 3 hours and somebody comes in and goes directly to the counter!!!

I am fine on waiting with patience until my time comes but what really makes me crazy is seeing people being approved in less than 30 or 60 days and then people like me having to wait 5+ months, I would really like USCIS to explain us, people who is paying them why the process is so unreliable!!

Sorry for the rant but I just think that the way they process the applications is just all over the place.

life its always unfair in genral but when its come to immigration its wors the system dont recognize the good from the bad

everything that happening at this moment is a RESULT of the CHOICE you ve made in the past...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

It is so unfair that USCIS approve people who applied later, if it was a fair process it should be a first come first served but apparently there is just no standards for the process... it is like being waiting in line at the Bank for 3 hours and somebody comes in and goes directly to the counter!!!

I am fine on waiting with patience until my time comes but what really makes me crazy is seeing people being approved in less than 30 or 60 days and then people like me having to wait 5+ months, I would really like USCIS to explain us, people who is paying them why the process is so unreliable!!

Sorry for the rant but I just think that the way they process the applications is just all over the place.

I agree with you everytime I see this happen I feel so upset. It is really sad that others have to wait and some jump right in front of the line. I hope that we all get our approvals soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Don't worry too much. I understand your feeling. See my time line. I applied I-129F (K1 visa) Dec 23, 2010.

USCIS made me crazy.... We still go forward slowely, but never stop for our destination.

I live in Sydney. Wherever you live in, it doesn't make any problem. They will check your all documents.

We sent RFE also.

Cheers!!!

Edited by Y & Y

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Completely agree!

Some people's documents are easier to verify than others. It's easier to verify information from the UK than to verify information from Vietnam. It's easier to verify information when it would be a first marriage for both fiancees than it would be for people with prior marriages. It's easier to verify the information when a couple send in exactly what is asked for than for a couple who may have sent in something else.

We're with Amy never were married, haven't children, never had problems with police, we filled all forms accurately by computer and send everything from K-1 guide in slip-covers in a office segregator. and even marked every slip-cover with sticker teliing what's included in every slip-cover. I don't live in Cambodia or Zambia where is hard to check documents. What's hard to check in our petition? We filed everyhting 28 June and still waiting. Some people sent their petitions in August and already got their NOA2.

[it's Victor from Russia]

Our timlines K1 visa - Citizenship (06.28.2011 - 08.01.2016)

K1 Visa Timeline (06.28.2011 - 04.07.2012)

• 06-28-2011: I-129F sent to Dallas
  • 07-05-2011: NOA1 (CSC)
  • 01-05-2012: NOA2 (184 days since NOA1)
  • 01-13-2012: NVC passed
  • 01-19-2012: Embassy received our case
  • 02-14-2012: Interview PASSED! :D K-1 Visa Approved! :D
  • 03-08-2012: POE
  • 04-07-2012: Wedding!

AOS/EAD Timeline (04.26.2012 - 12.13.2012)

• 04-26-2012: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago Lockbox
  • 05-02-2012: NOA1 (both I-485 and I-765)
  • 05-23-2012: Biometrics taken
  • 07-02-2012: Employment Authorization Issued (07-09-2012 - received in the mail)
  • 12-03-2012: Made Service Request for I-485, because case is beyond processing time
  • 12-07-2012: I-485 APPROVED! 219 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 12-13-2012: GreenCard in the mailbox, done with AOS!

Lifting of conditions Timeline (09.04.2014 - 01.14.2015)

• 09-04-2014: I-751 sent to CSC
  • 09-08-2014: NOA1
  • 11-10-2014: Biometrics taken
  • 01-07-2015: Approved! Only 122 days since NOA1. No interview/RFE
  • 01-14-2015: GreenCard in the mailbox

Citizenship Timeline (09.03.2015 - 01.08.2016)

- 09-03-2015: N-400 sent to Phoenix

- 09-10-2015: NOA1

- 10-08-2015: Biometrics taken

- 10-28-2015: Case is in line for an interview

- 11-02-2015: Letter with Naturalization Interview Appointment

- 12-07-2015: Interview passed

- 01-08-2016: Naturalization Oath Ceremony, I'm a US citizen now!

tTM3p3.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

well, it is really very frustrating especially if you saw people who filed the same date and they are already approved, while our case still can't be found on their system until now...As what majority says here,i guess it really depends on the adjudicators desk where our documents landed" But how i wish they follow their time frame.

But, well there is nothing we can do but to wait... I'm just praying we all get approved.. God Bless us all.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

i also think thats its unfair and i really really wonder what is going on. I am not complaining since everything went smooth for me till now. I just wanna let u know that i feel ur pain and hope for soon approvals for everyone soon!!! i wonder what is going on at CSC, they seemed to slow down, too. GOOD LUCK to everyone! Your time will come, stay strong!!!!!!

event.png

I've been waiting over 2 and half years with no recourse, I applied July of 2009......... each time i call i get excuses and told "its pending check back in 30, 60, 90, 180 days" or "we are preforming background checks" yeah right, almost 3 years worth?

I guess what matters is what nationality your spouse is, if they are tan/brown expect racism

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Same her as I am in LE, background is done in 20 seconds, prints immediately. Prior DOS prints for K! are on file also with that background. Adjustment should be perfunctory. Our congressman representative seemed put out I wanted her to check after 5 months stating it was in guidelines. So guidelines for time on line are not the same as given to Congress?

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Some people's documents are easier to verify than others. It's easier to verify information from the UK than to verify information from Vietnam. It's easier to verify information when it would be a first marriage for both fiancees than it would be for people with prior marriages. It's easier to verify the information when a couple send in exactly what is asked for than for a couple who may have sent in something else.

For example, John and Mary files first and it's hard to verify their information. Dave and Beth file much later and their information is easy to verify. As soon as their information are verified, they can be approved. It's not unfair for Dave and Beth to have their case approved before John and Mary's when Dave and Beth's information have been verified while John and Mary's information is still being verified.

I don't think your country origin matters so much at this stage of the process. I read from someone on this site who is friends with someone who works at one the service centers that, it takes about 20 to 30mins to approve/whatever they need to do to that file and most of the waiting is the file lying on a shelve waiting to be mailed or something like that. However I can understand logic but what about this one - I am from a country where it will be difficult to verify my information but I have lived in the US for about 6 to 7 years doing college and other stuff. I even already have an A# because I applied for EAD twice which were all approved. My second request for EAD was really fast since I already had an A#. All my past records (pretty much all the information on that G325A) are already in their system. Shouldn’t it then be really easy for them to look me up? Put my A# in the system and my 7 years of history there will show up. I don't think your country of origin matters at this point; it does matter during the interview stage at the consulate though.

That being said i have been waiting for 91 days at CSC and still haven’t heard even a whisper...I think it all luck. It’s really sucks when you see people get approved in 27 and 41 days when you have been waiting for this long!!!! At this point i don’t know what to do. I guess just sit and wait. i am very disappointed with the system.

Maybe I am too cynical, but is anyone else suspicious of these posts saying that they got their NOA2 within a couple weeks of sending off their applications? Some of these posts come from people who have just signed up to the forum within a few days of their post. I wonder if 1) they just got their NOA1 and don't know the difference between that and the NOA2 or 2) they're just bored and messing with people here. It is the internet after all...it's possible they're trolls.

Wow seems to be the day we are all feeling that pang of missing our other selves, our fiancees/fiances. I woke this morning to the heavy feeling in my chest of how it seemed so random the process. I have a NOA1 of April 25 so I really relate to these comments today. Yesterday I reorganized all my paperwork, checked it twice redid a few to make the attachments easier to read. Still here we all are waiting, waiting waiting. By the time this process is through I will never want to watch another movie...sheeeesh...lol..We will all be fine and when each of our time arrives we will be ready and the mental separation of our home country will be complete...

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.