Rod_Casta

USCIS processing of applications in unfair

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

It is so unfair that USCIS approve people who applied later, if it was a fair process it should be a first come first served but apparently there is just no standards for the process... it is like being waiting in line at the Bank for 3 hours and somebody comes in and goes directly to the counter!!!

I am fine on waiting with patience until my time comes but what really makes me crazy is seeing people being approved in less than 30 or 60 days and then people like me having to wait 5+ months, I would really like USCIS to explain us, people who is paying them why the process is so unreliable!!

Sorry for the rant but I just think that the way they process the applications is just all over the place.

Edited by Rod_Casta

Some people's documents are easier to verify than others. It's easier to verify information from the UK than to verify information from Vietnam. It's easier to verify information when it would be a first marriage for both fiancees than it would be for people with prior marriages. It's easier to verify the information when a couple send in exactly what is asked for than for a couple who may have sent in something else.

For example, John and Mary files first and it's hard to verify their information. Dave and Beth file much later and their information is easy to verify. As soon as their information are verified, they can be approved. It's not unfair for Dave and Beth to have their case approved before John and Mary's when Dave and Beth's information have been verified while John and Mary's information is still being verified.

Verification isn't the only reason. I was from Canada, it was both our first marriage, no children, we only sent in what was required. I waited 145 days to get my NOA2.

It's more of whose desk your petition landed on. If your petition landed on a desk whose officer reviews petitions quickly, grats. If your petition landed on someone's desk who reviews petitions much more slowly, well, too bad, you really can't do anything.

sometimes i cant help but think they randomly pick a pretty envelope from the pile on their desk :(

like a csc filer who got approved 27 days from their noa1 date saying they did not even request for expedite.

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My fiance and I were just wondering this same thing yesterday! I wanted to post a question about this myself so I was surprised to see someone is in the same boat as us. We got our NOA1 on 6/13/11 and there are couples who received their NOA1 after us and now have gotten their NOA2 already. All are from the VSC too. It's sad as we also thought it was a first-come, first-served basis. But as I see in the other replies, there are far more mitigating circumstances in place here and I guess we just need to keep on patiently waiting - as hard as it is! :whistle:

Best of luck to you and us --- let's hope our journey ends happily and VERY SOON!

Our CR1 Journey

Met - 1/14/2010 // Engaged - 3/6/2011

K1 filed - 6/8/11 // Interview @ Mumbai Consulate - 1/5/2012: Denied // USCIS final decision - 3/15/2013; administratively closed and free to file again without prejudice

Married in Delhi - 1/30/2014

Sent I-130: 4/7/2014 NOA 1: 4/10/2014

NOA 2: 11/13/2014 (after 217 days)

NVC Received: 11/26/2014 (13 days from USCIS to the NVC)  // Case # & IIN # received - 12/29/2014 (via phone to NVC) Also sent email to get case transferred to New Delhi

NVC Welcome Letter received: 12/30/2014

Submit DS-261: 12/30/2014 // Paid AOS Bill: 1/2/2015  // Received IV Bill & Paid: 1/13/2015 (CEAC shows PAID 1/15/15) // DS-260 submitted: 1/17/2015

AOS & IV packages sent via FedEx: 1/19/2015  // AOS/IV packages received: 1/21/2015 @ 9:58 am (Signed for by: G. Waters) Scan date: 1/21/2015

60-Day Email from NVC: 1/24/2015 2nd 60-Day Email from NVC: 1/26/2015 (OK...I get it, it's taking 60 days.... sigh)

Reply from NVC re: Transfer to New Delhi : 2/16/2015 (Told to contact New Delhi...49 days wasted for no help at all!)

CASE COMPLETE!!: 3/12/2015 (50 days) // Case Complete Email Received: 3/19/2015 (7 days from CC date)

Interview Date Received via phone inquiry to NVC: 3/24/2015 // Packet 4 (Interview letter/Instructions) received: 3/25/2015

Medical Completed: 3/30/2015 // CEAC status: In transit to Mumbai and shows READY as of 4/1/2015

Biometrics Completed: 5/4/2015 // Received call from Embassy 5/11/2015 asking if we want to transfer to Delhi.....huh? One week prior to interview? Ummm.... no thanks!

INTERVIEW!! 5/18/2015 @ 7:30 am ~ Mumbai Consulate  RESULT: APPROVED!!!

Visa in hand: 05/20/2015 (Yay!) ELIS Fee ($165) paid this day as well

POE: 05/29/2015 Newark 

SSN card received: 6/8/2015 (processed on 6/2/2015) // ELIS shows "Optimized" since 5/30/2015  // ELIS changed to "In Process" 07/14/2015. (E-file received 06/25/15)

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!! 7/30/2015

ROC

Sent:  3/22/2017 | $680 Check cashed: 4/3/2017

NOA1: 3/30/2017 (Rcvd 4/3/2017)

Biometrics Appt letter received: 4/22/2017 - Biometrics date:  5/3/2017 - Done. Hubby said they were super friendly in the Pittsburgh field office! 

sometimes i cant help but think they randomly pick a pretty envelope from the pile on their desk :(

like a csc filer who got approved 27 days from their noa1 date saying they did not even request for expedite.

hmmm...so I should get my daughter to decorate the envelope when I am finally ready to file. Anyone have a good source for American Flag and other patriotic stickers? :lol:

Not trying to make light of the OPs venting. It seems like it's going to be a frustrating and emotionally draining process, one that I'm not looking forward to but will endure and overcome for the sake of my sweetheart.

hmmm...so I should get my daughter to decorate the envelope when I am finally ready to file. Anyone have a good source for American Flag and other patriotic stickers? :lol:

kinda wish i did... lol but my fiance was the one who sent it so i didnt get to arrange our files and make it all pretty :lol:

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Timeline

Verification isn't the only reason. I was from Canada, it was both our first marriage, no children, we only sent in what was required. I waited 145 days to get my NOA2.

It's more of whose desk your petition landed on. If your petition landed on a desk whose officer reviews petitions quickly, grats. If your petition landed on someone's desk who reviews petitions much more slowly, well, too bad, you really can't do anything.

The same thing for me... no prior marriages, sent everything they requested... I really believe that it depends on the desk where your file landed, I am starting to believe that when my adjudicator receives a new box of files, this box is put on top of the previous one, so that is why later files are getting approved first and my file is now 3 boxes below!!!

It is so frustrating to see Igor's List and find out that more late filers are getting approved but my case has not even received a touch, RFE... nothing!!

Edited by Rod_Casta

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

The same thing for me... no prior marriages, sent everything they requested... I really believe that it depends on the desk where your file landed, I am starting to believe that when my adjudicator receives a new box of files, this box is put on top of the previous one, so that is why later files are getting approved first and my file is now 3 boxes below!!!

It is so frustrating to see Igor's List and find out that more late filers are getting approved but my case has not even received a touch, RFE... nothing!!

We are in the same boat. Also frustrated. I think it is kinda too bad they expedite some cases and not others. I suppose I would not think that way if I was someone with a special circumstance that qualifies for expedite.

Sigh. I am surprised at how mentally and emotionally draining this can get to be. Would be better if I knew we were getting approved or a decision at least by this date. But it is this vague and nebulous goal that might be obtained at some point in the future maybe. It is a real test of the strength of your relationship.

7/15/11 Sent K1 Petition to Lockbox

8/10/11 STILL NO NOA1!

8/12/11 Called USCIS to get receipt number-NOA1 will be resent

8/16/11 Received NOA1 with date of 7/20/11

1/3/12 NOA2!!!

1/12/12 Got email notice we are through the NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

There are a variety of reasons why the process is inconsistent. CSC is quicker than VSC generally - other than that, it is most likely dependent on whose desk it ends up on, their pace of working, issues that occur on files before yours etc, etc.

I agree the toughest part is not knowing where you stand and when you will get a response. In the meantime you just have to try and keep busy with other things and not become too addicted to checking your status since it isn't reliable either. Its good to have this site to feel like you have some connection with the process and you can start thinking about what you need to get things ready for your Packet 3. Best of luck with the journey everybody ! :pop:

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

I'm glad that I am not the only one that noticed this. When I see people approved in less than a month, I'd like to know how they did that :angry: I'm not complaining about our service people. I think they deserve the express treatment.

If I would of known that putting a $100 bill in the application would have expedited it, I would have :rofl: . I am not that type of person. I'll just wait patiently like the rest of us. Like I tell Kinga every day, one less day to wait.

HANG IN ALL!!!!!!

05/25/2010 First-Email to Kinga

05/26/2010 Reply Need I say more how many more =))

08/30/2010 Visit Kinga in Poland

12/26/2010 Visit Kinga for the Christmas Holiday

02/11/2011 Kinga Visits Me

05/25/2011 Kinga Second Visit

K-1

07/15/2011 Mailed I-129F

07/18/2011 Texas Receives I-129f

07/20/2011 NOA-1

07/25/2011 Hard copy NOA-1

08/04/2011 Touched

12/06/2011 NOA-2 (139 DAY'S)

12/12/2011 NOA-2 Hard copy

01/16/2012 NOA-3 Hard copy

02/17/2012 Interview APPROVED!!!!!!!

02/23/2012 Visa in hand

03/05/2012 POE Chicago

04/05/2012 Married

AOS

04/18/2012 Sent AOS package

04/20/2012 NOA-1 I-485 And The wait begins again

04/24/2012 Applications received at MSC

04/25/2012 Hard copies I-797 in hand

05/22/2012 Biometrics done

06/19/2012 I-131 and I-765 approved

06/29/2012 Received AED and AP Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm glad that I am not the only one that noticed this. When I see people approved in less than a month, I'd like to know how they did that :angry: I'm not complaining about our service people. I think they deserve the express treatment.

If I would of known that putting a $100 bill in the application would have expedited it, I would have :rofl: . I am not that type of person. I'll just wait patiently like the rest of us. Like I tell Kinga every day, one less day to wait.

HANG IN ALL!!!!!!

That would proably get you a knock on your door. Lol. Not a nice one either....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

:ot2:

I wish that logic was a component to all of this, but it is not. The waiting game is very subjective.

I am a state employee and it would take DOS only 2 seconds to do my background check since I have a "LIVE SCAN" file due to being a bonded employee. However, my fiancee comes from a non-first world country where records might be less available, and on top of that is living on a green card in another country at the moment. Add in, we are 2nd marriage applicants...I divorced and she a widow.

As was mentioned above, case work, I am sure is divided randomly amongst the IO department handling I-129f's. One works quick with little concern for national security, another is Gen. Patton. One gets sick and their sub hasn't a clue. Another loses a parent mid-case and finds it hard to even read about your love affair. They are humans (although I wish a barcode scanning machine could zip through my petition).

We must give them a little slack and have faith that they are doing their job, as we would in their position. Of course, the shifting of priority from one application to another based on lag is also possible. If the summer left to many K3's lying around it is only fair they catch up on those before starting a new batch of ours.

I write all of this because I too am frustrated, but only out of selfishness deep down inside. I wish we could all be in and out in 90 days, and that everyone would be reunited at the same time. Then I remember that in my life I have lived in many countries and had machine guns stuck in my mouth...and I think; okay, a little waiting, a little frustration, and perhaps we help this great nation weed out those coming who would destroy what we have.

So be it.

1Corinthians 13:4-8  

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

If we love...we will wait...and in the end WE WILL BE HAPPY!

Hang in there, the real rollercoaster ride is after we say "I do!" :yes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is so unfair that USCIS approve people who applied later, if it was a fair process it should be a first come first served but apparently there is just no standards for the process... it is like being waiting in line at the Bank for 3 hours and somebody comes in and goes directly to the counter!!!

I am fine on waiting with patience until my time comes but what really makes me crazy is seeing people being approved in less than 30 or 60 days and then people like me having to wait 5+ months, I would really like USCIS to explain us, people who is paying them why the process is so unreliable!!

Sorry for the rant but I just think that the way they process the applications is just all over the place.

Same! NOA1 since April 26, 2011. I called my congressman and he basically told me that he called USCIS and spoke to someone directly and assured him that my N0A2 should be approved soon. I told my congressman that my 5 month mark will be on September 26, 2011. He told me to call him if nothing shows up after that date. So yeah, I hope our files are in the same stack and get approved soon. Maybe my Congressman is blowing sunshine up my ####, but I hope and pray that everything he told me is true.

I also agree with you about it being unfair. I know my fiancee and I have a clean record, we both never married before, mailed out tons of evidence of our relationship, etc. I double and tripled check my whole petition before I mailed it out. Then I hear someone here get their NOA2 and they forgot to include this and that, yet they still get approved months before us.

I wouldn't mind paying extra to have a peace of mind through the whole visa process. For example, we can get a more detailed status on our petition (for example: Case Status --- An actual human being is now looking at your petition!)

Vermont Service Center

US Embassy In Manila, The Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2011-04-25

I-129F NOA1: 2011-04-26

I-129F NOA2: 2011-09-29

NVC Received:2011-09-29

NVC Left: 2011-10-18

Consulate Received: 2011-11-03

Packet 3 Received: 2011-11-07

Interview Date: 2011-11-23

Interview Result: Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.