Rod_Casta

USCIS processing of applications in unfair

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

personally i think too it goes on how fast you reply back to RFE etc, because my case was going pretty fast until i took abit to reply to an RFE ( i did do my biometrics 3 days after having my daughter ...... ) but i got an RFE 1 week after for proof of assests/co-sponsor and being so busy i took almost 2 months to respond and then got my case started back up Sept 1st ... sooo i think it not only depends on who`s doing you case but when you send things ....

Of course if it goes down to send something back to them one must take in consideration that additional time passage, however there are some people waiting over 120 days with no RFE's...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Secondly as some people here stated that it may take longer depending on the country of the beneficiary that some countries are harder to verify...well again I do not think this is a legit reason because for NOA 2 they only background check the petitioner, so they do not need to check the beneficiary at this stage and no need for verification/collaborations with other country to receive any additional info.

omg.. are you serious? they don't check his background? If that's the case, someone needs to start working faster then! :devil:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

omg.. are you serious? they don't check his background? If that's the case, someone needs to start working faster then! :devil:

well as far as I know ( and I am by no means an expert on the matter) is that here they check only the petitioner's background, and when you submit second package and go for the interview that's where the beneficiary must bring police records and all his/hers documents. It also makes sense that that's how it is done in the US the petitioner and in the country the beneficiary, I think that if they needed to do checks on beneficiary in here in the US it would probably take 10 times as long, imagine translators and all other bureaucratic stuff, doing in that way would involve.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

well as far as I know ( and I am by no means an expert on the matter) is that here they check only the petitioner's background, and when you submit second package and go for the interview that's where the beneficiary must bring police records and all his/hers documents. It also makes sense that that's how it is done in the US the petitioner and in the country the beneficiary, I think that if they needed to do checks on beneficiary in here in the US it would probably take 10 times as long, imagine translators and all other bureaucratic stuff, doing in that way would involve.

That makes sense... and because of time difference and all... phone calls.. emails.. communication would be hard!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

Maybe I am too cynical, but is anyone else suspicious of these posts saying that they got their NOA2 within a couple weeks of sending off their applications? Some of these posts come from people who have just signed up to the forum within a few days of their post. I wonder if 1) they just got their NOA1 and don't know the difference between that and the NOA2 or 2) they're just bored and messing with people here. It is the internet after all...it's possible they're trolls.

Nah, there actually are a few recent NOA2's that were approved quite rapidly (without applying for expedited service). I have to admit to some extent it is luck of the draw. Right desk...lucky couple!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I believe in trolls too!

But I believe we are lucky to have a forum (like VJ) to moan and groan, saving me tons on therapy that I might otherwise need to handle the wait!

Glad you all are here!

@ MOD - (Biased or not!)

It is possible those postings are trolls, but really; the value of VJ is that you can ask questions and people here can get you informed advice;

I totally agree! Which is why it would be so sad if anyone on this forum was misleading people on the time frame. I certainly hope that isn't the case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.