Rod_Casta

USCIS processing of applications in unfair

52 posts in this topic

It would perhaps be more truthful for them to state that the process starts as first come first serve. Depending then on what has been sent with the petition, what is missing, what needs an RFE response, what is difficult to verify and what is not, what people may or may not have in their backgrounds...all of that and more will determine the speed at which each petition travels.

It is what it is. It may not be fabulous but it is the only game in town.

It took us a while to get to the NOA2, 5 months...and then, we were held up in AP at NVC for nearly 8 weeks. They weren't placing K1's in AP for extra scrutiny at that point, it was something new at the time. Couldn't even find anything referring to this mysterious process here on VJ. We didn't have anything peculiar in our history either, and I was not from what some people refer to as a 'high fraud country' They just implemented a new procedure, and we happened to be at the start of that line up.

There was a lot of speculation at the time, as to what sees some get through in no time, and how some wait and wait. But that is all it was, speculation. I don't think anyone was out to slow our single petition in particular down, or had a grudge against older people, or people who were petitioned for who did not live in the country where they were born, or any of the hundred other reasons we were mulling over.

I understand very well the anxiety, the worry, the longing to be with the ones you love. Take heart though, it does pass.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

What's the hurry??? :jest:

My hurry is being reunited with my husband. I mean is that too much to ask? Life is short.....I think USCIS forgets that.

Allah[swt] says: “You may have someone in your mind, someone in your heart, someone in your dreams, someone in your life, but I am your someone when you have no one"He[swt] reminds us saying "O Prophet! Allah is sufficient for you and for the believers who follow you." [[Qur'an:8:4]] So when you slip and fall, remind yourself of Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim, the One whose always there, just waiting for your Call!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe I am too cynical, but is anyone else suspicious of these posts saying that they got their NOA2 within a couple weeks of sending off their applications? Some of these posts come from people who have just signed up to the forum within a few days of their post. I wonder if 1) they just got their NOA1 and don't know the difference between that and the NOA2 or 2) they're just bored and messing with people here. It is the internet after all...it's possible they're trolls.

Or just as the topic says, they received their NOA's very quickly :P When do you usually make an account? It is usually when you want to partake in posting. So people create their account usually about their NOA1 and in 3-4 weeks they are posting they received their NOA2. I am one of them. The people who did receive their NOAs quick did nothing special, they are from all countries and there is no pattern. If you look at past posts, this thread comes up every 3-4 months. Maybe they're trying to fudge statistics by pushing out some earlier? It's all just speculation and we'll never truly find out.

I do feel sorry for those who do have to wait, especially for the ones who have to wait longer than the "approximate" waiting time even without RFEs. Best of luck with speedy approvals.

K1 Visa Timeline

01-27-2011: NOA1!

02-22-2011: NOA2!

03-14-2011: Packet 3 Filled Out. Delayed Interview until closer to POE, August.

08-09-2011: Interview at 10am!

08-19-2011: POE

08-21-2011: Married

AOS

08-25-2011: Sent AOS Packet with EAD & AP

08-29-2011: NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

09-29-2011: Biometrics Appointment

Timeline

That's a biased statement to make; nor is it true.

I think it may have some truth to it.

Or just as the topic says, they received their NOA's very quickly :P When do you usually make an account? It is usually when you want to partake in posting. So people create their account usually about their NOA1 and in 3-4 weeks they are posting they received their NOA2. I am one of them. The people who did receive their NOAs quick did nothing special, they are from all countries and there is no pattern. If you look at past posts, this thread comes up every 3-4 months. Maybe they're trying to fudge statistics by pushing out some earlier? It's all just speculation and we'll never truly find out.

I do feel sorry for those who do have to wait, especially for the ones who have to wait longer than the "approximate" waiting time even without RFEs. Best of luck with speedy approvals.

My husband thinks they are trolls too. I do not think they are trolls. Just people who were more fortunate than others.

Allah[swt] says: “You may have someone in your mind, someone in your heart, someone in your dreams, someone in your life, but I am your someone when you have no one"He[swt] reminds us saying "O Prophet! Allah is sufficient for you and for the believers who follow you." [[Qur'an:8:4]] So when you slip and fall, remind yourself of Ar-Rahman Ar-Rahim, the One whose always there, just waiting for your Call!

I'm just saying that everyone should take things they read on the forums with a grain of salt and look at the larger trends rather than individual flukes. Regardless of whether those flukes are real or not, they're likely overrepresented here. People on the normal timeline are probably more likely to just follow the forums quietly compared to people who can chime in with their extremely short, extremely lucky wait time. The aggregated timeline data must be more reliable than individual comments on the forums.

The same thing for me... no prior marriages, sent everything they requested... I really believe that it depends on the desk where your file landed, I am starting to believe that when my adjudicator receives a new box of files, this box is put on top of the previous one, so that is why later files are getting approved first and my file is now 3 boxes below!!!

It is so frustrating to see Igor's List and find out that more late filers are getting approved but my case has not even received a touch, RFE... nothing!!

I see you will have your interview in Warszawa. We too did the 'standard' 5 months at VSC. For what is worth, once NOA2 is issued is relatively fast. Once the petition reaches the Embassy at Warszawa, is 6 weeks at the most, depending on how fast you can provide the paperwork they need and the date your petition was received at the Embassy.

You might want to go to the Warsaw Embassy site as they have all the forms, requirements and even the doctors that can do the medical exam there.

Notice that the Embassy there schedules the entire month of interviews the week before the beginning of the month, so for example, for this coming October, they will schedule everything by the last week of September. It is possible to do the medical exam and the other requirements prior to receiving notice. Also, in case of doubt, there is a local number (free) where you can ask questions specific to your petition.

Good luck and hang in there. We too thought it would never happened, and we are now getting ready to do the AOS in the next 2 weeks

It is possible those postings are trolls, but really; the value of VJ is that you can ask questions and people here can get you informed advice; majority of cases a much better advice that a lawyer can give; because we have 1st hand experience and secondary (but not less important and critical): the variety and volume of our cases here is such that I'd be willing to say that as a whole, VJ has seen it all or at least near all and no attorney can match that. Plus it is all free.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hang in there guys. I was once in the same situation before but i tried to see it on the lighter side, USCIS doing it for our own protection. Once approved, everything's worth it! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Best of luck to all :)

It is possible those postings are trolls, but really; the value of VJ is that you can ask questions and people here can get you informed advice; majority of cases a much better advice that a lawyer can give; because we have 1st hand experience and secondary (but not less important and critical): the variety and volume of our cases here is such that I'd be willing to say that as a whole, VJ has seen it all or at least near all and no attorney can match that. Plus it is all free.

Exactly! :yes:

K-1 Timeline

October 26, 2010 - I-129F sent to VSC

November 2, 2010 - NOA 1 hard copy (dated Oct. 29, 2010)

November 5, 2010 - Touched

April 15, 2011 - NOA 2

June 21-22, 2011 - Medical (passed! Thank you Lord)

July 19, 2011 - Interview (passed! Thank you Lord)

August 11, 2011 - POE (JFK)

AOS Timeline

Sept. 26, 2011 - I-485 & EAD sent to Chicago Lock box

Sept. 28, 2011 - Text/Email notificaion receipt

Oct. 4, 2011 - NOA 1 hard copy for I-485 & EAD (dated Sept. 30,2011)

October 11, 2011 - Biometrics Letter received (appointment date November 2, 2011)

October 24, 2011 - I-485 transferred to CSC

November 2, 2011 - Bioemtrics done

Dec. 1, 2011 - EAD card production

Dec. 9, 2011 - EAD card on hand

Feb. 10, 2012 - Green Card production

Feb. 16, 2012 - Green Card on hand

"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

-Mother Teresa

My Page

Timeline

as far as i know what i have deemed so far and experience that maybe due to the background checks and the Petitioner's Criminal record and they are likely checking how many people the Petitioner sponsored so far

therefore its being delayed for those who applied before and those who applied after like mine i got Approved within 94 days and those who applied for us still waiting Patiently although i had a co-sponser with joint Tax

papers of my fiancee and my sis in law like for an instance someone from Pakistan his Papers arrived in NVC in 4 days and left the same day and its been a week they haven't received mine yet even if you call USCIS they

won't be able to Assist you as they say Average processing time is 5 months so i guess you should call and ask them

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I agree with most people that responded to this thread that it is unfair that applications are not processed first come first served basis. I believe on their website they do say exactly that, that they process applications in order they received them, however I am not sure they know that because of Igor's list we can pretty much see what the deal is like and that it is not at all that way. I would like to believe it true as some people here mention that it only takes longer for those people with special circumstances, however because of replies from other's here that say clearly that no special circumstances applied to their case, yet they waited over 90 days. So I really do not think that special circumstances are part of the reason. Do not get me wrong if it would be the reason that may mean that i should get my NOA2 within a week because I have a clean application no divorces, no children, no criminal record...unfortunately as I said before I do not think it is the case. Secondly as some people here stated that it may take longer depending on the country of the beneficiary that some countries are harder to verify...well again I do not think this is a legit reason because for NOA 2 they only background check the petitioner, so they do not need to check the beneficiary at this stage and no need for verification/collaborations with other country to receive any additional info.

Sadly I believe as some people in here already mentioned that it is a matter on whose desk your application lands. If it is a slow working person bad luck. Also not only that but also maybe that person processing applications may have a stack of applications on his/her desk that are more complicated therefore takes longer to get to your application. So I am not just saying that the employee may be slower but also the difficulty of cases he or she deals with prior to getting your application.

At the end of the day I think it's based on luck and there is really no underlying rationale or trend for this. What is frustrating for me right now is to see Vermont slowing down after starting June approvals, based on Igor's list there have been no approvals thus far this week (i know i know Igors list is not the most reliable but I do use it to get sense of what are the latest dates processed.

A friend of mine brought his fiance over from Japan. He told me that they expedited her paper work because of the Earthquake and Tsunami... I am also playing the waiting game. Shaun is from the UK. Neither of us has been married, sent in everything they require, sent in TONS of proof of our relationship. We're nearly to our 3 month mark.

I feel your pain, seems like lots of us on here do.

I wish you the best of luck.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

personally i think too it goes on how fast you reply back to RFE etc, because my case was going pretty fast until i took abit to reply to an RFE ( i did do my biometrics 3 days after having my daughter ...... ) but i got an RFE 1 week after for proof of assests/co-sponsor and being so busy i took almost 2 months to respond and then got my case started back up Sept 1st ... sooo i think it not only depends on who`s doing you case but when you send things ....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.