EminTX

Locations for networking boards?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My linkhttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=369.0

This is something that I would enjoy seeing here. Most of the pages would probably not be very active, but when a disaster hits a region/state/city, I would guess that particular page would become very useful/"popular". I would also venture a guess that this could be handy just for general information sharing about that particular city. Being here in Houston, I have found that page on the Craftster boards to be very handy on certain occasions.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add something like that, but I know that I, personally, would find it helpful and would go there.

Thanks.

(Forgive me if this has been suggested before--I have gone through several pages and not seen this. If it is already a discussed-idea, then please dump this into File 13.)

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

My linkhttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=369.0

This is something that I would enjoy seeing here. Most of the pages would probably not be very active, but when a disaster hits a region/state/city, I would guess that particular page would become very useful/"popular". I would also venture a guess that this could be handy just for general information sharing about that particular city. Being here in Houston, I have found that page on the Craftster boards to be very handy on certain occasions.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to add something like that, but I know that I, personally, would find it helpful and would go there.

Thanks.

(Forgive me if this has been suggested before--I have gone through several pages and not seen this. If it is already a discussed-idea, then please dump this into File 13.)

For some reason your link doesn't work for me, I had to edit it to this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=369.0

Are you saying regional boards would be good?? Like here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/100-regional-discussion/

Timeline

I am suggesting boards about where you are AT not where you come from.

I think this would be nice with individual states or especially, larger cities, or the cities where official offices are located.

Anything from "street construction near interview location hinders parking" to how much it costs to park there to suggestions on fun things to do with your significant other or whatever. Perhaps meetups IRL, who knows.

I live in Houston. The next time a hurricane blows through, if it is before this process is over for us, the immigration issue will be an added stressor. Being able to share information would be helpful. (Example: Yes, there is flooding near the Houston office, but no water entered that building, thank goodness!) IT could also be helpful to exchange ideas and information about where to buy or locate specific items or advise for or against certain businesses. Whatever works for that group of folks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To see the example, if that doesn't work right for anyone else:

craftster.org

city guides (in the yellow bar)

United States (top choice in the list)

Edited by EminTX

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Timeline

Craftster regional boards (by where you are NOW, not where you once were)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=90.0

Please forgive me for the crummy link, I was at work yesterday and they have some weirded out version of IE. When I was trying to insert the link, the boxes to place the information were across the entire page and off the left side so that I could not see anything except blank boxes. It happens there often. Most of the time, if we just pretend it works, it actually does. This time, well. I am sure that our computer security is improved by having them set up like this. hahaha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Not a bad idea... I remember when I first joined VJ, there were some in-person meetings being organised (by members, not official VJ meetings), but this hasn't happened lately.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, there is an in person meeting being set up by the Atlanta area group for October 2, and that might be a nice feature to have to let everyone in the geographical area know about the event., We'll wait and see what Captain Ewok says when he is able to weigh in.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Craftster regional boards (by where you are NOW, not where you once were)

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?board=90.0

Please forgive me for the crummy link, I was at work yesterday and they have some weirded out version of IE. When I was trying to insert the link, the boxes to place the information were across the entire page and off the left side so that I could not see anything except blank boxes. It happens there often. Most of the time, if we just pretend it works, it actually does. This time, well. I am sure that our computer security is improved by having them set up like this. hahaha

Oooooo okay well yeah I agree. Good idea :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

It might be good to have regional forums at least (like the overseas ones now).

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.

• 3 months later...

meetings would be a great idea since many of us are moving somewhere where they know no one except for their fiance ;)

Our (K1) Journey

01-17-2012: I 129F sent

01-24-2012: NOA1 date! => Vermont Service Centre

08-02-2012: NOA2 (195 days!!!)

09-24-2012: interview - Approved!

09-26-2012: visaarrow-10x10.png issued

09-28-2012: visa received by a registeredarrow-10x10.png post

11-01-2012: POE Dublin

11-17-2012: wedding

AOS Journey

11-23-2012: AOS package sent

11-27-2912: package received and signed for at the Chicago office

11-29-2012: case numbers assigned

12-03-2012: Biometrics letter sent to the old addressarrow-10x10.png (never received)

12-10-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 765 and I 131

12-15-2012: NOA1 hardcopy for I 485

12-28-2012: biometrics (missed)

01-17-2013: newarrow-10x10.png biometric date

01-25-2013: EAD approval

01-30-2013: EAD production

01-31-2013: EAD mailed

02-02-2013: EAD received

My ROC Journey:

03-20-2015: I751 package sent

03-23-2015: NOA1

03-25-2015: check cashedarrow-10x10.png

07-31-2015: Biometrics ( Biometrics letter sent to the old address never received, missed it on 07/06 and had to have it rescheduled after many phone calls and service requests)

09-07-2015: Card in Production email.

09-09-2015: Card mailed

09-11-2015: Card delivered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Well, there is an in person meeting being set up by the Atlanta area group for October 2, and that might be a nice feature to have to let everyone in the geographical area know about the event., We'll wait and see what Captain Ewok says when he is able to weigh in.

that sounds good :) i already have plans to go for a beer with a few different people once i get to Georgia... this way i could meet them all in one go lol. is there a thread about this??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

Hi Dan & Jenni,

This get together happened last October - it was small but lots of fun. VJers in the Georgia area have had about 5 or 6 get togethers now and I'm sure we'll have more. Usually the information is posted in the "Moving Here and your New Life in America' forum. When do you get to Georgia? There is another VJ Canadian American couple in the NE Georgia mountains as well although I'm not sure how close they are to Danielsville. Beautiful country!

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi Dan & Jenni,

This get together happened last October - it was small but lots of fun. VJers in the Georgia area have had about 5 or 6 get togethers now and I'm sure we'll have more. Usually the information is posted in the "Moving Here and your New Life in America' forum. When do you get to Georgia? There is another VJ Canadian American couple in the NE Georgia mountains as well although I'm not sure how close they are to Danielsville. Beautiful country!

it seems like im missing them all as i just read about a "Brits in Atlanta" group that met in Roswell last night. oh well im sure there will be plenty more. i am hoping to be in Georgia around April time as im just waiting for NVC to log me in and pass me on to the embassy. it is a beautiful place but everything is so much more spread out than i am used to lol.where is Stockbridge??

Edited by Dan & Jenni

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Timeline

it seems like im missing them all as i just read about a "Brits in Atlanta" group that met in Roswell last night. oh well im sure there will be plenty more. i am hoping to be in Georgia around April time as im just waiting for NVC to log me in and pass me on to the embassy. it is a beautiful place but everything is so much more spread out than i am used to lol.where is Stockbridge??

They happen. I didn't know about the Brits in Atlanta one :-). April is a great time to come to Georgia - everything is in full bloom - starts around the end of February. Hehehe, you'll have a little bit of time to enjoy Spring before Summer socks it to us starting in May. Your first summer will be 'an experience' but I promise, the heat does get easier to take. The winters more than make up for it as well, although you'll get snow where you are still. The Georgia mountains are definitely rural and coming from the Maritimes will be quite a difference. I absolutely love the nature and wildlife here - it really is rather spectacular! Stockbridge is 22 miles south of Atlanta just off of I-75 so I think we're about 2 to 2 1/2 hours apart with Atlanta in between.

Edited by Kathryn41