clayr

Child died in Vietnam before DNA sample

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My deepest condolences ... I know how hard it is , I will pray your wife will get her visa so you will be together soon.

K-1 VISA APPLICATION

June 13, 2011 - Application send to USCIS thru Fedex

June 17, 2011 - I-129F Packet received by USCIS Signed for by: JCATES

June 22, 2011 - NOA1 (via email)

Oct. 12, 2011 - NOA2 (on USCIS website)

Nov. 28, 2011 - VISA APPROVED . Thank you Lord!!!

For more Info: Please look at my timeline...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Old VJer here, some of you know my history and I haven't posted in a awhile. My fiance went to interview (2nd K1) in JAN 2011 pregnant with our child. The consulate asked for DNA to prove the child was mine and told the baby would have to be born in Vietnam. Quynh Giao was born 6/17 and the DNA kits were at the consualt 6/24. Wife rec'd a letter to come submit to Dna test but was turned away at the window because she didn't have the birth certificate, couple weeks later she showed up at the window with our baby and the birth certificate and was turned away again and told to wait for appointment letter. Our child contracted foot and mouth disease sometime 2 weeks ago and passed away on 9/9/11. Last monday the consulate called her for DNA appointment time and she told them the child has already died. They told her to bring the death certificate which she did wednasday and a Viet man at the consulate called her in without her parents to answer questions. I arrived fri pm because the airline would not accept me to fly without the visa to Viet which took 3 days to get. I am here now but can't go to consulate until Monday at earliest. Our hearts are broken over our daughter and I see on internet 40k children have foot and mouth disease in Viet now and over 100 have died, US consulate had to know. What happens to my wife's visa now? its Sat in Viet now I don't know what to say to my wife our case is 40 months old now

I am so sorry for your loss. I know the US Citizens services section of the consulate typically does not get involved in the VISA/Consular affairs, however in this case its worth asking if they can expedite the final steps in your wife's process. If they do not cooperate, contact your senators office fill out the privacy form and fax it in and ask them to intervene on your behalf. You also might try asking to speak to the chief consular officer while you are there, these are certainly extenuating circumstances and you deserve consideration.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very sorry to hear about your loss (F)

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Very sorry for your loss.

I have zero experience but if I was in your shoes I would contact my US Senator and see what they might be able to do and help. The worst they can do is direct you to someone who can try and resolve.

Timeline

Met 2.18.11 (Was on B1 Visa I-94 expired 2.11.11)

Engaged 6.12.11

Married 7.12.11

I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131 Filed/Rec'd CHI 7.25.11 (Rec'd @ 165 days overstay)

Bio Appt 8.29.11

I-485 Rec'd Interview Appt. (Date of notice 9.12.11 / Date of Interview 10.14.2011)

I-765/I-131 Approved 9.16.11 / Card Received 9.24.11 (53 Days Processing Time)

Applied for SSN 9.28.11 / SSN Card Received 10.3.11 (5 Days Processing Time)

Approved in person I-485 Interview 10.14.11 (81 Days from start of process)

Timeline

Very tragic can someone please answer the mans question!!!:(

If we could I would for sure. My years here and have never heard of this happening before so we have new ground. This couple has been through a lot and been denied. They are asking for the birth certificate still after the baby died. It would not surprise me if they want to see the death certificate also.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Sorry for your loss, I know for sure that I would be in the citizen services and blaming the hell out of them for this tragedy, and I would also be in contact with your senator, now that you have the proof that the child was yours and with what happened you can honestly blame the consulate for your loss, I know that getting your wife back to the US will not bring back your loss, but it will help ease the pains you are both going through, go in and give them hell, all of their BS and their delays from your first denial to the delays recently, tell them enough is enough. Good luck Clay, hope that this is the last sorrow you will face on your journey. Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

re: yer wife's visa.

The Physical thing they (the IV unit) was waiting on, that DNA result, is now moot due to the death of the child.

You'll have to convince a Consular Official (not any local employee, btw) to remove the extra conditions imposed on her since the life changing event no longer exists.

If yer lucky, and get to the right person at the IV unit there, they can handle all within the week. You'll (yes, you, personally) be jumping over the many queues there on her paperwork, whilst yer there - so take note that the first person you speak with, most likely is not the one with the command authority to make the decision. Keep going up the food chain until you get the head of the IV unit there.

Good Luck !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thank you to the many people who sent my wife and I their condolences, and to Jerome and Luckytxn who know of my timeline and experiences. To clarify a few things after my fiance went to her interview I called, wrote, and emailed Consulate, state dept, NVC prior to our daughter being born. I went to the FBI in my town and was turned away, I went and met face to face my congressman who never sent 1 email after our meeting 8/22. My fiance was turned away at the window 2 times, once with the child and no birth certificate but the DNA kits were there she had an appointment letter, second time she had the baby and the birth certificate but no appointment letter. I emailed the consulate begging to fast track the DNA test with no response and even notified that my child is sick but with my fiance's limited english I didn't know what sickness she had. The consulate called my fiance this past Sunday saying she had an appointment 9/14 our baby died 2 days prior to that call. They asked my fiance to bring the death certificate the next day and drop it off at the window yet when she got there a Viet man called her inside without her brother who drove her and "interoggated" her for almost an hour. No American was in attendance I don't know what was said or the Viet man reported to the consular officers. Our baby died at 4am in a taxi en route to the hospital in Saigon. This is the most senseless death I have ever heard of. I got to Viet at 5pm friday now sat pm. I am waiting to Mon am to go to consulate I am not leaving Viet without my fiance. I met my fiance 2007, had Dam hoi 5/2008, filed K1 visa 6/2008 and since then the consulate has twice rejected our case due to their judgment that ours is a fraudulent reationship. The consulate costed our baby her life because of their wrong judgment. Jerome email me if you read this we are in Saigon district #10 riggsbeeclay@yahoo.com.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The consulate costed our baby her life because of their wrong judgment.

I don't know what to say that could help with the sadness or even the Anger you must feel towards the IV Process and the way the Embassy there puts the IV applicants through this kind of hell..

I can only say, that there are no words to adequetly express the sadness I have for you and your wife.. This is tragic and I hope you're able to get the visa for your wife so you can bring her back to the US with you and attempt to recover from this together as it should be...

Seek the strength you need to get through this and be there for your wife.. I seriously hope that the US Embassy can see how your case is an example of how playing senseless games with peoples lives can lead to tragic consequences..

Although, it can't be blamed directly the embassy, if they had not played around with the idea of a fraudulalent relationship when clearly it's not, you child would have been in the USA today...

My sincerest condolences and prayers go out to your family

Kenny

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

One totally irresponsible and insensitive post has been removed and the poster thread-banned. If you need to minimize the significance of this loss to make a political statement you don't need to be posting in this thread.

To the OP and his wife, I am so very sorry for your loss and the tragic circumstances leading up to you. Good luck to you both tomorrow at the Consulate.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

One totally irresponsible and insensitive post has been removed and the poster thread-banned. If you need to minimize the significance of this loss to make a political statement you don't need to be posting in this thread.

To the OP and his wife, I am so very sorry for your loss and the tragic circumstances leading up to you. Good luck to you both tomorrow at the Consulate.

Thanks Kathryn. You are right.good.gif

Good luck to the OP. I will say a prayer for y'all.

Clay, i am so sorry to hear about your loss, My condolences to you and your family.

Engaged: 8/19/2006

Married: 2/25/2008

Sent I-130: 6/5/2008

NOA1 Recieved: 6/26/2008

Transferred to CSC: 12/17/2008

Touched: 12/22/2008

Touched: 12/29/2008

Touched: 12/30/2008

Touched: 12/31/2008

Approved: 12/31/2008

NVC Received 01/07/2009

AOS I-864 Fee Bill arrived: 01/17/2009

"There ain't no answer. There ain't gonna be any answer. There never has been an answer. That's the answer. "

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hullo - any news/update from the meetup at the IV Unit?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.