clayr

Child died in Vietnam before DNA sample

47 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Old VJer here, some of you know my history and I haven't posted in a awhile. My fiance went to interview (2nd K1) in JAN 2011 pregnant with our child. The consulate asked for DNA to prove the child was mine and told the baby would have to be born in Vietnam. Quynh Giao was born 6/17 and the DNA kits were at the consualt 6/24. Wife rec'd a letter to come submit to Dna test but was turned away at the window because she didn't have the birth certificate, couple weeks later she showed up at the window with our baby and the birth certificate and was turned away again and told to wait for appointment letter. Our child contracted foot and mouth disease sometime 2 weeks ago and passed away on 9/9/11. Last monday the consulate called her for DNA appointment time and she told them the child has already died. They told her to bring the death certificate which she did wednasday and a Viet man at the consulate called her in without her parents to answer questions. I arrived fri pm because the airline would not accept me to fly without the visa to Viet which took 3 days to get. I am here now but can't go to consulate until Monday at earliest. Our hearts are broken over our daughter and I see on internet 40k children have foot and mouth disease in Viet now and over 100 have died, US consulate had to know. What happens to my wife's visa now? its Sat in Viet now I don't know what to say to my wife our case is 40 months old now

OMG :( ...I'm so sorry to hear about your news, and my deep condolences are with you and your SO.

I hope you will go into the Consulate next week to straight things out and hopefully they will expedite the visa to ease your pains...I have a child coming soon so I do feel your suffering right now..hang in there Clay!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

I am so so so sorry about your loss. Im hoping the embassy gives your wife her visa and you guys can try to cope through this together and not on two different continents.

[font="Century Gothic"]Married March 27, 2010
Sent out I-130 December 29, 2010
Recieved NOA 1 January 4, 2011
Touched January 6, 2011
Recieved NOA 2 May 9, 2011
Interview September 27, 2011
Visa in hand Septmeber 30, 2011 (it would of been the same day as the interview but they requested some more info)
POE - JFK, NYC October 12, 2011 [/font]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;0;23/st/20100327/e/Since+our+wedding/k/ccbb/event.png[/img]
[/url]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I know how hard an unexpected loss is. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy during this tragic time of your lives. I pray that God will remain with your family and bring your wife home.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Oh man, my heart goes out to you and your fiance. (F)

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am so sorry to hear that. That was a big lost for both of you. I hope the VN consulate will approve for her visa. Will your love to each other will healing the suffer? stay strong and think positive. Wish you with all of the best.

Sorry to hear about your painful loss. Our prayers are with you and your family.

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very tragic can someone please answer the mans question!!!:(

My Proposal to kristine!!! :)

I-129F Sent : 2011-01-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-01-25

I-129F RFE(s): NONE!!!

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-02

Interview Date : 2011-09-01

Interview Result : Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.