---

How many times have you visited your fiance?

115 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

My fiance and I first met when we were kids (we went to school together back home) but in the course of our 3.5 year relationship, I have visited him 7 times, with trips ranging from 2 to 5 weeks (mostly 4 weeks each trip). While I agree that one trip may be enough for some couples to truly get to know each other, for us, every trip proved to be a new adventure as there is never enough you can learn about the other person. The first few trips we were so caught up in love and the wonderfulness of our relationships that I feel that the later trips were what we needed to truly understand each other- what ticks us off & the differences in mentalities we may have. Oh and we were approved :) Still waiting for visa though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The face to face meeting is important, and required as someone else said within two years. However keep all emails, phone records, receipts for Western Union if you send her money. Remember in some religions, you can't even seeeach other ! And those get approved. My Fiancee and I met in Europe in the winter, it was very cheap for both of us to fly somewhere else, instead of me flying to Brazil, which is expensive during USA winter. You may be able to do something similiar.

Good luck !

Mike

I wouldn't recommend showing Casablanca Western Union receipts. It looks dubious. Like one person is buying the other.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

We actually met here. After Vika went back to Ukraine, we met again probably four times before she returned on our K-1.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No insult to anyone was intended. I had been at this for some time and have met many, many people/couples from many nationalities. It's just been my experience that most ( but not all) who have a short term pre-martial relationship find out later on that cultural differences can be very hard, understanding American lifestyles/way of life can be challenging, and without truly knowing the other person well enough to help get them through these hardships can result in a negative outcome. Many people get caught up in the romance and excitement of the moment and having the person of their dreams finally with them it can be great. But you are talking marriage here. A lifetime. A successful marriage is a heck of a lot more work than anything the USCIS can throw at you.Sorry if you feel that truly getting to know someone is a bad thing.

That you presume to know anything about me at all and to be under the assumption that I actually believe that getting to know someone is a bad thing, is laughable. I may not be a globetrotting multi-culturalist, but i wasn't born yesterday either, I DO know a thing or two about relationships and, believe or not, way down hear in Georgia we do actually know there's a whole world out there outside of our state, full of people way different than ourselves.

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2011-03-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2011-04-05

I-129F RFE(s) : none!!!

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-08-08

NVC Received :

NVC Left : 2011-08-16

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2011-09-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow, i hope once is enough, because i am in the same situation. I saw my fiance once, in February this year, only because i had my taxes and thats what i used to go with, we talk every night online for atleast an hour or more. My plans for taxes this year is to take my children to disneyland. I would really love to go to Morocco again and plan on making a trip but i feel its important for my children to experience something nice also. If i must go next tax season then i will go to make sure we get the visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I first met my fiance in Sept. 2007, I flew to The Netherlands and stayed for 2.5 weeks. It was amazing! He came and visited for three weeks over Christmas, his first time in the US. I went and stayed a month Feb-March 2008, then he came back to Ohio in March 2008. He flew over again in June 2008 and we both flew together to The Netherlands on July 1, 2008. We lived together in The Netherlands from then, until Dec. 27, 2010 when I moved back here to get prepared to start our life in the US! He visited me April- May 2011...it's getting harder being apart, we're used to being together every day so I'm really hoping this process moves along quickly! :dance:

K-1 Visa Timeline

8-5-11: I-129F sent via FEDEX Ground to Lewisville, TX Lockbox

8-9-11: Delivered to Lewisville, TX Lockbox Signed for by CVILLEGAS

8-11-11: NOA1 Email/Text :)

8-12-11: Check cashed!

8-12-11: Touch.

9-20-11: NOA2. 40 days after NOA1.

12-15-11: Interview and APPROVED!!

12-24-11: POE in Philadelphia!

6bbYm4.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I met my fiancee through her aunt, whom I work with. We began chatting and seeing each other on-line in May of 2010. I then went to visit her in November for two weeks. We filed for the K1 in February and we received our NOA2 in July. Since returning from Thailand, I've kept any receipts of presents I've sent (her Birthday, Valentine's Day) chat logs, e-mails, pictures taken of her on-line, and my cell phone statements showing the calling card number. I'll even include receipts from the Thai books I've purchased. I would imagine this would be enough for the interview. Of course, I still would love to visit her again. She's very supporting in knowing this is a big expense for me, so she's said to wait (I wanted to see her when her father passed away a couple months ago). I still check the airfares so I can't rule out going, even if she should be here around November'ish. At this point, I might and wait to meet her in Bangkok for the interview. Then we can visit her family before coming here. However, in a nutshell, I think we'll be fine even if I don't go, but one more visit would surely help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tonga
Timeline

How many times have you visited your fiance?

Have any of you visited just once and gotten approved?

Just curious! Thanks :)

I have a similar question. Me and my fiance met and developed our relationship while I lived in his country for 5 months. But, since returning to US I have not been back and don't plan on going back for another visit until he gets his visa. As long as we met in person, visiting doesn't matter, right?

I have a similar question. Me and my fiance met and developed our relationship while I lived in his country for 5 months. But, since returning to US I have not been back and don't plan on going back for another visit until he gets his visa. As long as we met in person, visiting doesn't matter, right?

Correct, as long as the last time you were together was less than two years before filing.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline

I wouldn't recommend showing Casablanca Western Union receipts. It looks dubious. Like one person is buying the other.

Very true, during my fiances interview, the CO asked did you fiance ever send you money. His reply was only for the fee amount due today. The CO just type his answer into the computer during this note taking.

wow, i hope once is enough, because i am in the same situation. I saw my fiance once, in February this year, only because i had my taxes and thats what i used to go with, we talk every night online for atleast an hour or more. My plans for taxes this year is to take my children to disneyland. I would really love to go to Morocco again and plan on making a trip but i feel its important for my children to experience something nice also. If i must go next tax season then i will go to make sure we get the visa.

It's not that your second visit will get you the visa, I went every 3-4 months for 1.5 years and we still almost got denied until the CO called me personally for a phone interview and confirmed every thing my fiance at the time said.

Honestly, the more you visit your fiance the better off you will be. The CO's are looking for couples who are establishing a relationship in real life situations vs. the internet.

every 6 months :D 1 visit is enough for k1 but another visit while in the visa process is a gold mine! super outgoing relationship proof

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.