---

How many times have you visited your fiance?

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

3 Times, for a total of 21 days together.

K1 VISA
01/07/2011-> Packet Sent.
01/12/2011-> NOA1
05/11/2011-> NOA2
05/19/2011-> NVC Receives we have our No.
05/20/2011-> Case sent to the Consulate.
05/25/2011-> Consulate Received Package.
05/28/2011-> Received Packet 4 with my Interview Letter.
06/01/2011-> Medical Exam.
07/14/2011-> Interview at 8:00 am. APPROVED!!!
07/18/2011-> Pick up Visa at the Embassy.
08/03/2011-> P.O.E.
10/15/2011-> MARRIED!

AOS

11/07/2011-> AOS Packet Sent.

11/10/2011-> NOA Date According email & online status.

11/19/2011-> Hard Copies & Biometrics App. Letter.

11/23/2011-> Biometrics Walk In. (Original App. 12/06/2011)

02/07/2012-> AOS transferred to CSC.

02/17/2012-> EAD Card Received in Mail.

05/04/2012-> Green Card Production Ordered.

05/10/2012-> Green Card and Welcome Letter Received.
ROC

02/03/2014-> ROC Packet Sent.

02/10/2014-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

03/11/2014-> Biometrics Date.

08/01/2014-> Approved (Letter Rcvd. 08/07/14)

08/14/2014-> 10 Year Green Card Received.

N-400

11/02/2015-> N-400 Packet Sent.

11/04/2015-> N-400 Packet Delivdered.

11/05/2015-> NOA1 Date according to Hard Copy.

12/01/2015-> Biometrics Date.

04/07/2016-> Civics Exam and Interview (Rescheduled from 03/01) PASSED!

04/27/2016-> Oath. I am a US Citizen. This is how this journey ends!

every 6 months :D 1 visit is enough for k1 but another visit while in the visa process is a gold mine! super outgoing relationship proof

We believe that pictures of you together with the non-USC family is helpful too.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Ok, now I am starting to worry and actually get a little torqued off here. Everybody can't afford to just take off on a trip overseas whenever they fancy one. I make enough money to make a living for me and my future wife but multiple trips overseas are NOT a reality for me. I am just able to cover the fee's and the plane ticket to get my fiancee here, but no way can I afford to take unpaid leave (I burned all my paid vaca days my last trip to Manila)and buy the ticket plus fianance the trip while I'm there AND take care of the rest of the K-1 process (post NOA2) Is this thread telling me that if you aren't well off enough to make multiple trips overseas whenever you want that you are not fit to be approved for a K-1 VISA? I've been on a high the past cpl of days cause of my I-129F being approved, but after reading this thread I'm feeling disillusioned and worried. Never anywhere in any document that I have read have I seen anything stating that you have to make multiple visits to your fiance to get approved for a K-1 visa.

I also worry about 1 time being enough visits because my fiance is from Morocco. When i flew to see him the cost alone for the ticket was $1,000+. I will do anything it takes to bring him here so that we can have our life together but i know what you mean about your disillusioned feeling reading other comments as i also am feeling this way. We have nothing to hide about our relationship and im hoping that during the interview that will be conveyed to them and they will feel our love for each other. I have faith and patience everyday that we will one day be married.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Have any of you visited just once and gotten approved?

Just curious! Thanks :)

Meeting in person ONCE (even for just a few seconds) is all that is required for a petition approval.

That may or may not be adequate for a VISA approval. Check with people with experience at the consulate you will use.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Too many times ... I have now worn out the WELCOME mat as far as US Immigration is concerned!

Edited by Andie

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Yes that is all that is required. This thread has been asked several times before. Once and your fine. Many many have been approved after only one visit. Most of us do not have careers that allow us to take of 2-3 weeks several times a year.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

so i guess im late in respond to this post cuz i didnt c it b4 neway. I visted my fiance twice first time was around 5 days then we spoke for hours everyday online for 11 months then the second time i stayed with him and his family for two months. I really would like to know.. what kinda jobs do u ppl have that can go to far away places like morocco every 3 or 4 months? like wow. I really wish i could do that.

Filed I129F: 03/4/2011

Received by USCIS: 3/8/2011

NOA:3/10/2011

NOA2:06/21/2011

Case# received from NVC: 07/1/2011.

got packet 3/4: Aug/4/2011

Interview: Sept 21st 2011

Filed: Timeline

so i guess im late in respond to this post cuz i didnt c it b4 neway. I visted my fiance twice first time was around 5 days then we spoke for hours everyday online for 11 months then the second time i stayed with him and his family for two months. I really would like to know.. what kinda jobs do u ppl have that can go to far away places like morocco every 3 or 4 months? like wow. I really wish i could do that.

Well honestly I didn't work the last 10+ years due to the fact I didn't have too, as my husband at the time was financially set for life. The last two years we lived separate lives until our divorce was final. During this time when I went to Morocco every 3 to 4 months, basically he had to pay for it as we were not divorced until our lawyers and the two of us could come up with a suitable settlement for me. So i traveled the world oh his dime and dollar....good.gif

In the end, I too was set financially and can now enjoy life with my moroccan hubby.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

First of all this is a wonderful sight, I just stumbled upon it. I've visited my fiancee twice so far, in 2008 and 2010 and will visit her next year just before filing her fiancee visa. I have so many questions and will need help doing this. We are both nervous about the whole process but it will work out. The one question I do have is she is a Filipina working in Hong Kong will she be able to do the interview in Hong Kong or will she have to travel back to Manila? Thanks to everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have been to Thailand 5 times since December for 2.4 months total to see mine, and going back soon. Why do all this when she can be illegal and get free stuff? Save the fees and the wait-this is a TOTAL crock of ####### to deal with.

While illegals invade the USA and get free benefits, we wait paying fees and filling out forms while the illegals fill out zero-thank you US politicians!

Waiting on interview now in BKK, started Jan 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.