103 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So my Green CARD Application was denied and I was told I couldn't appeal! They said I needed to leave the country within 30 days or file a motion to reopen or reconsider! Leave for where? I came to the country when I was 7 years old and I am now 32!

I was denied because I admitted I misrepresented myself as a US citizen on my I-9 document and I filed unemployment as well. I told them this because I believe I was a US citizen, everyone in my household was and I remember my mu telling me my i-130 was approved, I thought that was it! I cant afford a lawyer, they canceled my EAD, I can even afford the fees to file a reconsider motion! My daughter is a US citizen and I am a single parent! What is my best bet at this point? Please help!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Oh wow.....sounds like you will have to get a lawyer....Good luck to you!

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If your family was in the US all this time someone was claiming you on their taxes. So, you should have a social security number. I am confused as to why you need green card now.

So my Green CARD Application was denied and I was told I couldn't appeal! They said I needed to leave the country within 30 days or file a motion to reopen or reconsider! Leave for where? I came to the country when I was 7 years old and I am now 32!

I was denied because I admitted I misrepresented myself as a US citizen on my I-9 document and I filed unemployment as well. I told them this because I believe I was a US citizen, everyone in my household was and I remember my mu telling me my i-130 was approved, I thought that was it! I cant afford a lawyer, they canceled my EAD, I can even afford the fees to file a reconsider motion! My daughter is a US citizen and I am a single parent! What is my best bet at this point? Please help!!

Timeline

If your family was in the US all this time someone was claiming you on their taxes. So, you should have a social security number. I am confused as to why you need green card now.

I have a valid social security # and my mum was claiming me on her taxes, I didnt think I needed one until last year when they ran my name through Everify and discovered that I was an alien

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I have a valid social security # and my mum was claiming me on her taxes, I didnt think I needed one until last year when they ran my name through Everify and discovered that I was an alien

did your parents take the documents to change your social security number from alien to citizen?

I didnt know i had to change mine either until i started college and had to prove im a citizen because when i applied for financial student loans my social security number came up as alien

sara

Timeline

Same here...Ive been estranged from my mum since age 15 so I really didnt know there was anything I needed to do, she sent me my approve I-130 at some point and I thought that was it, infact when the Everify issue came up I just gave them that and thats when i learned I needed to do an adjustment of status.

Chiming in with everyone here, you do need a lawyer. Your family should also help you if you were being claimed as a dependent all this time without anyone taking care to fix your legal status when you were still a minor.

Our timeline:

1993: Met at the age of 9, best friends ever since

2007: Admitted what we both knew all along...

December 25,2008: He proposed!!!!

May 9, 2009: Got married

May 10th, 2011: Date that lawyer claimed he mailed out AOS package

July 14th, 2011: Date that lawyer *actually* mailed out AOS package

July 18th, 2011: USCIS started processing our application

July 30th, 2011: Received Biometrics Appointment (8/11/11)

August 1st, 2011: Successful Biometrics walk-in

August 3rd, 2011: Received all NOA hard copies

September 12, 2011: Card production notice for EAD (!!!)

September 13, 2011: I765 touched

September 19, 2011: EAD arrived in the mail

December 28, 2011: Received email notification of our interview date

February 1, 2012: Interview

February 29, 2012: Approval notice via email(!!!)

March 7, 2012: Card arrives in the mail (!!!)

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

Did your mom become a U.S. citizen before your 18th birthday?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you have valid SS # send copy of that in. Someone has messed up. Contact a lawyer as sounds like your name is mixed with someone else's. Don't send in your SS card just copy of it with copy of other US ID. An attorney only needs to write a letter on your behalf on this issue and it should not be costly. It is not an appeal or a lawsuit. You should not have had to apply for any green card to begin with.

You need a lawyer. I know you said you can't afford one, but you need to find some way to pull the money together and get one. Without a lawyer, and a good one, you've basically got no shot. So find a lawyer, and follow Jim's advice.

OUR TIMELINE

I am the USC, husband is adjusting from B2.

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

08.06.2010 - Sent off I-485
08.25.2010 - NOA hard copies received (x4), case status available online: 765, 131, 130.
10.15.2010 - RFE received: need 2 additional photos for AP.
10.18.2010 - RFE response sent certified mail
10.21.2010 - Service request placed for biometrics
10.25.2010 - RFE received per USCIS
10.26.2010 - Text/email received - AP approved!
10.28.2010 - Biometrics appointment received, dated 10/22 - set for 11/19 @ 3:00 PM
11.01.2010 - Successful biometrics walk-in @ 9:45 AM; EAD card sent for production text/email @ 2:47 PM! I-485 case status now available online.
11.04.2010 - Text/Email (2nd) - EAD card sent for production
11.08.2010 - Text/Email (3rd) - EAD approved
11.10.2010 - EAD received
12.11.2010 - Interview letter received - 01.13.11
01.13.2011 - Interview - no decision on the spot
01.24.2011 - Approved! Card production ordered!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

11.02.2012 - Mailed I-751 packet to VSC
11.08.2012 - Checks cashed
11.10.2012 - NOA1 received, dated 11.06.2012
11.17.2012 - Biometrics letter received for 12.05.2012
11.23.2012 - Successful early biometrics walk-in

05.03.2013 - Approved! Card production ordered!

CITIZENSHIP

Filing in November 2013

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

SS does not make you citizen, even student can have SSN and someone working on L1 or H1 can have a valid SSN too.

SSN office does not track ones citizenship status.

Only things that could save him is if his parents became USC before he turned 18, if not then there is not much a lawyer would be able to do either.

It was his parents responsibility to tell him the truth and make sure he was in legal standing until 18 and after 18 burden shifted to him.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

A child automatically acquires US citizenship if one of the child's parents is a US citizen (including by naturalization), the child is under 18, the child is in the US in the custody of the US citizen parent, and the child was admitted to the US for immigration. This last one may be the "gotcha".

The OP was applying for adjustment of status, so he obviously didn't enter the US with an immigrant visa. He would be considered to have been admitted for immigration if his AOS application was approved. However, in order to meet the other requirements for automatic citizenship he would have needed to submit the AOS application before he was 18. It's too late for him to get automatic citizenship.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.