kriola

Annullment before green card processed

42 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I did get a prenup done before marrying him. That's at least one smart thing I did when it came to him

Which reminds me, why didn't get an AP? Single men in Egypt and MENA countries get an AP for... taking a breath during an interview, but a twice divorced man with countless children gets, I assume, a seamless approval? This is where the system is broken. Being so subjective is not necessarily diminishing the frauds at all. It's like doing a random bag check at the airport's security points. Yes, you've found some stuff (bottles of water and maybe a pair of tweezers), but they still had a guy enter an airport through an exit.

Don't ever do anything you're not willing to explain the paramedics.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

OP sorry you are going though all this, we never really know a person totally.

I think you need a lawyer advice, just to protect yourself, this guy already proved he is sneaky he may use any of the things you do in anger to pose as a victim.

You are doing good not letting him treat you like that. I wish you can get him and all his family out of your life and you can get over this soon. (F)

K

Meet 12/2000; Married 01/2004; AOS 01/2005; R-C 07/2007; Citizen 06/2008
In love for 14 years and happily counting...

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP, Im so sorry you are going through this, but just dont let it stop you from holding your head high and having the best revenge(having a good life with out him)I hope you heal fast from this betrayal.

4377610_bodyshot_300x400.gif5130242_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Date of Wedding :2007-09-04

Date I-130 Sent :2008//02/12

Date I-130 NOA1 2008/02/13

Date I-130 NOA2 :2008-06-04

Date I-129F Sent :2008-03-20

I-129F RFE(s) :2008/05/20

I-129F RFE Reply(s) :2008/05/27,20

Date I-129F NOA2:2008-06-04

Date Package Received By NVC :2008-06-06?

Date Package Left From NVC :2008-06-11

UPDATE: I'm hoping that someone here can help me understand information I got today when I called USCIS. The representative told me that since I filed an I-129F that my petition could not be withdrawn since it was already approved. Because the I-485 is HIS aplication, he's the only one that can withdraw it!?!?! She also basically told me to call ICE but that he can still potentially get his greencard even if the marriage is annulled or we are divorced. How does this make sense if the 485 is an adjustment based in the marriage?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
UPDATE: I'm hoping that someone here can help me understand information I got today when I called USCIS. The representative told me that since I filed an I-129F that my petition could not be withdrawn since it was already approved. Because the I-485 is HIS aplication, he's the only one that can withdraw it!?!?! She also basically told me to call ICE but that he can still potentially get his greencard even if the marriage is annulled or we are divorced. How does this make sense if the 485 is an adjustment based in the marriage?

She is 100% right. You are not withdrawing the I-485, you are withdrawin YOUR I-864. Without a sponsor his AOS will be denied. You should recall them now.. asap in fact. If he is approved there's nothing you can do.

You should also contact ICE with the evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, the phrase that pays - 'I am withdrawing the I-864, affadavit of support'.

This is best done via postal mail - mail a letter to:

1. national USCIS office (address on the Notice of Action, I-797-c)

2. local USCIS office that would handle the interview

3. local ICE office

4. national ICE office

it's a shotgun approach, sure, but at least all bases are covered. Communication between local and national offices is not so swift, and the local office will put an end to things, once they receive the letter.

If you are indeed going in to an infopass appointment on Friday, tomorrow, bring the letter with you - they will need it to start their processes.

If you are serious to supply info , to build a case that USCIS can use for deportation, then you'll need to address that as a seperate matter, but you can include your EVIDENCE in the postal letter. At some point, you will also need to go in to the local ICE office, have some interview with an ICE officer.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

REPORT HIS BUTT TO ICE AND HAVE HIM DEPORTED!! HE WAS USING YOU FROM THE START!! IT IS CALL FRAUD AND IT IS A SERIOUS CRIME. JERKS LIKE HIM MAKE IT HARDER FOR US "TRUE" COUPLE TO GET VISAS. I AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE GOING THOUGH THIS BUT REPORT HIM IMMEDIATELY CUZ IF YOU DON'T AND INS FINDS OUT YOU COULD GET IN TROUBLE.

Exactly. It's people like this who make it harder on the rest of us who do marry for love.

I'm very sorry about your ordeal kriola, I hope now you can find some relief and I would definitely report him. I think it's sad that he can still potentially get his green card

She also basically told me to call ICE but that he can still potentially get his greencard even if the marriage is annulled or we are divorced. How does this make sense if the 485 is an adjustment based in the marriage?

USC

11/10/2007 married

12/17/2007 I-130 1-485 submitted

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

5/11/2011 email stating card production ordered

5/13/2011 approval letter received in mail

5/13/2011 GC sent to wrong address due to system error

5/16/2011 service request opened

5/16/2011 usps tracking number shows card undeliverable

6/13/2011 GC returned to VSC

6/15/2011 case status update shows card was mailed out to correct address

6/17/2011 GC received in mail

Filed: Timeline

Which reminds me, why didn't get an AP? Single men in Egypt and MENA countries get an AP for... taking a breath during an interview, but a twice divorced man with countless children gets, I assume, a seamless approval? This is where the system is broken. Being so subjective is not necessarily diminishing the frauds at all. It's like doing a random bag check at the airport's security points. Yes, you've found some stuff (bottles of water and maybe a pair of tweezers), but they still had a guy enter an airport through an exit.

Don't assume anything. Apples and oranges. Let alone no one knows how difficult their journey was.

High fraud consulates are not high fraud just because they want to be. Many a petitioner who has previously complained about how 'USCIS has it in for us' wrt AP and the like, have then turned around after things have gone sour and then have complained that USCIS approved the petition in the first place.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

what happened at the infopass appointment last Friday ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Wow im sorry this happened to you, but unfortunately majorty(BUT NOT ALL) CV men think like that. They beat on women, NEVER respect them and take fully advantage of them. He's an embarrassment to our CV people. I hope u get the peace u deserve and i hope his #### gets caught by ICE. I dont like to wish that on anyone but he deserves it. Best of luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.