Moriah

Semi-Engaged?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline

My boyfriend and I are in the early stages of starting the fiance visa process. I want to get the I-129F out ASAP, but we won't be technically announcing our engagement to the world until after my parents meet him when we travel to Tanzania this August. Will they reject my application if I say that we aren't yet engaged, but will be? Many thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I do not believe there is any such thing as semi-engaged. You either are, or are not. You need to be engaged at the time you file the K-1 petition.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I do not believe there is any such thing as semi-engaged. You either are, or are not. You need to be engaged at the time you file the K-1 petition.

I supposed you both have met.Engagement doesnt require attendance.You both can do it quietly with few People.You can say in the form that you are both engaged.It doesnt need any documentation.Just an attestation between both of you.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

the intention letters are also engagement (dates and signed).

148280zkcv79ffi3.gifDeeDee & Sam 426064ng1n3ghbqw.gif

766837489_784932.gif

from filling I129F to POE- exactly 6 months

for k1 steps and dates check my timeline
AOS approved took 7 months you can chack my timeline for details

ROC

October 6th- mailed package

as1cJVfNw2k0710MTMybHN8MDQyMTdqc3xXZVwnd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My boyfriend and I are in the early stages of starting the fiance visa process. I want to get the I-129F out ASAP, but we won't be technically announcing our engagement to the world until after my parents meet him when we travel to Tanzania this August. Will they reject my application if I say that we aren't yet engaged, but will be? Many thanks!

If you sign letters of intent it does not matter if you tell anyone else.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Think of it like Pregnancy, you either are or are not.

And like Pregnancy there is no need to announce it to the whole world.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

if you are applying for the K1 visa application and you have signed and dated intent to marry letters you are engaged. does not matter if you announce it to the world/put it on facebook lol. my fiance and I are engaged only a few close friends and family know, its not on facebook, and my job knows so they can prepapre to adjust my insurance once we get married

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

If the 2 of you agree that you are engaged and that you plan to get married, you are engaged. Doesn't matter who else knows (although when the time comes for your interview they will probably want to see that you have told others, like your parents :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kyrgyzstan
Timeline

My fiancee and I decided we were going to get married (got engaged) a number of months before I got down on my knees and presented her with a ring. In international relationships, its just more complicated because you might not be there in person when you decide to get married, but deciding that you will get married is an engagement.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

If you are sure you want to marry and you have meet and have proof of a relationship I say file. Just because you do not announce to your family you are engaged does not make you any less engaged. But if you are not engaged then you can not very well file for a fiance if you do not have a fiance. Just hope you are not a lucky one that gets approved in 2 months :lol:

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just hope you are not a lucky one that gets approved in 2 months :lol:

OUCH!!! :bonk:

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You shouldn't say to USCIS that you guys are not engaged when you file/send the I-129F. I-129F are for those USC engaged to a foreign national. If you want to send the I-129F now together with other docs like the letter of intent, that means you are engaged and it's not necessary to tell the whole world that you are engaged (it depends on the couple). If you think you are not engaged yet (cos maybe there was no proposal happened) and wants to file for I-129F now, then just make sure to provide proofs of having met in person within the past 2 years and any relevant docs needed and you should accomplish that statement you will make or that letter of intent that you will marry your boyfriend within 90 days of his arrival in the US.

Sam's CRBA, US Passport, and SSN Journey

Nov. 2010: CRBA and US passport application sent(via Air21)

Dec. 08, 2010: Interview(DNA was recommended)

April 04, 2011: CRBA and US passport on hand

April 2011: SSN Application sent (mailed original docs thru 2GO)

April 29, 2011: SSN card on hand

My K1 Visa Journey

March 05, 2011: I-129F packet sent

March 14, 2011: NOA1

May 20, 2011: NOA2(approved in 67 days from NOA1, with no RFEs)

June 24, 2011: NVC received approved petition from USCIS

June 29, 2011: Approved original petition left NVC to US Embassy-Manila

July 15, 2011: Eligibility letter received from US Embassy-Manila(dated July 11, 2011)

October 26 - June 5, 2012: SLEC trap!!! (DOT tx to vaccine administration)

June 7, 2012: Interview (APPROVED!) :)

June 18, 2012: Visa picked up at the embassy

June 20, 2012: POE in Detroit

proud of my family

:)

i think that if you both are engaged then you are engaged no matter if your parents know about it and in the other hand is so important to feel that you both are engaged before starting the K-1 path. because you can transmit this feeling, that you are "semi-engaged" into the process.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

OUCH!!! :bonk:

Maybe you mistook what I am saying I am not being mean or rude. I am simply saying if they do not intend on announcing their engagement until August they may not want to be approved to fast and ruin the announcement not that I wouldnt want it. Trust me I wish everyone could get approved faster then what it takes I know how hard it is to be away from the one you love.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.