andy1974

Fiancee is running away, while she is on a K1 visa.

45 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Such a bad news.hope it turns to b a blessing in disguise for u.

She doesnt know the impact and u can worsen her status if u wish to.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Yikes, sorry to hear! the shining light in all of this is you didn't marry her yet because you would have been responsible for everything she does. In a way she did you a favor by letting you know now how worthless she is. better now then later.

Listen to everyone here and notify the uscis immediately because if she runs up a huge hospital bill it's likely your on the tab.

again sorry to hear I wish you the best

Edited by clarence954

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Since you're not married, your responsibilities on the I-134 end when her I-94 expires (usually 90 days from POE date)

Since yer not married, you haven't filed for any Adjustment of Status, either; so yer not on the hook for the I-864, affadavit of support.

Suggest you contact ICE (# below, in really small letters) and make the report,

then

write up a letter, include her K-1 visa #, her China Passport #, and (if you know it) her China ID #, writing about what happened, to

1. local USCIS office in your area

2. local ICE office in your area

3. Guangzhou IV / attn Fraud Investigation

4. National USCIS office

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Best posts above were: Report to ICE and USCIS and have relative proof.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She used the K1 visa to come here to the U.S. Then she left me before we got married to be with another man she meet online. As the petitioner what are my responsibilities? If she gets in trouble in some way, do I also be in trouble? I am still liable for her? How about if she is hospitalized? Am I liable to pay her medical bills?

I don't know what she was thinking I am sorry to hear that. The only way she can stay here now is illegally and go into hiding.

She used the K1 visa to come here to the U.S. Then she left me before we got married to be with another man she meet online. As the petitioner what are my responsibilities? If she gets in trouble in some way, do I also be in trouble? I am still liable for her? How about if she is hospitalized? Am I liable to pay her medical bills?

Report her to the USCIS. As long as you don't help her get away with it, she has no reasonable path to adjust her status. After 90 days have passed and she hasn't married YOU and only YOU (assuming she is still in the US), she is here illegally and is subject to deportation.

ROC

06/15/2013 - I-751 Sent

06/19/2013 - NOA 1

07/17/2013 - Biometrics

08/19/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to CSC

09/17/2013 - Approved!

09/23/2013 - Received approval notice.

10/09/2013 - Card received. Fini!

N400

12/18/2017 - N400 submitted

12/19/2017 - NOA

01/09/2018 - Biometrics

04/10/2018 - Interview

04/27/2018 - Oath

Filed: Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I am sorry for the trouble. Like everyone else suggested, don't sit and let her get away with fraud. The American system is very good that it protects its citizens against such circumstances. She came to America because of you and you have a responsibility to retract that privilege given to her because of you. You need not only report her to the USCIS, but also emphasize the fact that her plan was in fact to use you in order to come to the US and marry another person. That is why she did not stayed that long. Withdrawing from the petition is not good enough. You need to highlight the fact that you are a victim of visa/marriage fraud. If you do that, her alien number will be implicated a history of fraud and that will guarantee a miserable life for her in the US (that even the guy she run away with can do nothing about it). Hire a lawyer for a good legal argument if you have to (Sure it is much less than what you have invested in this fruitless effort). Do something and take advantage of the good system that protects victims like you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Absolutely report her and get everything on record before she tries to file a false VAWA claim. Not sure if she can get away with that since you haven't gotten married yet, but do everything you can to protect yourself. Notify any accounts that she might have access to, change any locks she had keys for (even if she was just in your home for a few days). If it is an option, I would even change your phone number. If she is going to contact you make it be in writing so you have records of everything. First and foremost you need to protect yourself now.

I dont think she has got a strong VAWA case either, its not that she has been here for that long that she cannot adjust back in her home country and she is not married either so she is free to return back to her home country.

It will not make it thru VAWA, its a clear fraud.

She used the K1 visa to come here to the U.S. Then she left me before we got married to be with another man she meet online.

:wow:

Report her to the USCIS immediately and hopefully they will kick her dirt #ss out of here, asap!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Three judgmental posts and one quoting same which speculate on issues that were not requested by the OP and are of no use to the OP have been removed. The OP asked what he could do under the circumstances; he did not ask for speculation or even advice about the relationship. If you wish to discuss other issues than the one requested, then start a separate thread - do not derail this one.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

On topic, acceptable part of a removed post is returned below.

To the OP, gosh so sorry to hear. It's a good-news bad-news situation. Good that you found out before she hooked you into marriage. Bad that it hurts. People like this often do not think through carefully what they've done. Once you tell USCIS what she's done and withdraw the petition, she's pretty much blown her chances on immigration.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

But I have to wonder, how old is she?

Con artist is a con artist regardless of age...

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what a nightmare of a situation :angry: report her for sure :thumbs:

5/16/2011 | I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

5/18/2011 | Package received at Lockbox

5/18/2011 | NOA1

5/24/2011 | Received email and text notifications

5/25/2011 | Check cashed

5/27/2011 | NOA1 Hardcopy

9/15/2011 | NOA2 approved

11/2/2011 | Interview - rescheduled to 11/7

11/7/2011 | Interview in Manilla..... VISA APPROVED!!!

11/16/2011 | Visa ON HAND !!!

12/1/2011 | Get to be with my Lordy :D

12/2/2011 | My Birthday :P

12/31/2011 | Married!!!

03/1/2012 | Visa expired :(

03/7/2012 | AOS, I-765, I-131 submitted

3/16/2012 | NOA1

04/9/2012 | Biometric

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.