andy1974

Fiancee is running away, while she is on a K1 visa.

45 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Horrible case! :angry:

My old case of 6 years ago also ended with such unfaithful behavior on her side too. But she didn't stay in the states beyond 90 days, and we never got married. Finally, she returned to china to unify her new boyfriend. And I believe her boyfriend was trying to use her as a bridge to bring him in the states in the future, so he told her to stay to get green card and send money to him. But I was not that stupid, and I quickly uncovered their horrible conspiracy! I finally let her go back, but I didn't report it to USCIS at that time. However, I did write a letter to explain that incident in a letter going with my current K1 case. I am not sure if there will be any bad impact on my current case.

Good luck and be Strong!

7/31/2004 sent I-129F package to Vermont

8/3/2004 NOA1

8/23/2004 ONLINE APPROVED!!!!

8/24/2004 VSC sent package to NVC

8/30/2004 NVC received package

10/5/2004 NVC told me case has been forwarded via email

10/26/2004 Received package 3

11/8/2004 sent back pk 3

Things went beyond expectations. K1 was granted in 2005, but relationship failed.

===============================

After 5 years....

2nd K1 began:

1/20/2011 Sent I-129F

1/24/2011 NOA1

6/13/2011 NOA2

11/9/2011 Interview Visa Approved!

3/9/2012 Marriage

3/20 Sent AOS package

11/14/2012 AOS approved!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just to clarify some points that have been tossed around...

You cannot withdraw the petition. She entered the US with the K1 visa, so the benefit requested with the petition has already been granted and used. The K1 petition was closed when she entered the US.

VAWA has provisions for an unmarried victim of domestic violence to receive assistance from the US government. However, the immigration benefits of VAWA are only available to the SPOUSE of a US citizen or LPR. She didn't marry the petitioner, so she can't get a green card through VAWA, regardless of whether or not she has any evidence.

So far, she hasn't violated any laws. Just as you aren't compelled to marry her, she is likewise not compelled to marry you. However, USCIS will certainly want to know what happened so that it can be noted in her case file. If nothing else, this would be considered should anyone else ever petition for her. Tell USCIS that she pulled a runner and has hooked up with someone else, and that you no longer intend to marry her.

If she ends up talking to anyone who knows anything about immigration law then she'll discover she's cut off her only pathway to remain legally in the US. Don't be surprised if she comes back begging. Be very very careful.

I like the part about come back begging do not take her back!

OT:My ex-wife did that to me at 7 years I took her back only later to get divorced after her and her mother figured out not many benefits of a divorce at 7 years she waited until 11 years!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So sorry to hear of this. :unsure: I agree with the advice to contact USCIS and immediately inform them of your situation. Again, my heart goes out to you and I pray with time the pain will ease and you can find true happiness! Good luck! :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If she ends up talking to anyone who knows anything about immigration law then she'll discover she's cut off her only pathway to remain legally in the US. Don't be surprised if she comes back begging. Be very very careful.

That's actually the logical thing to expect too, from someone who has already proven their intention was to defraud.

Talk about heartless.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I guess you should have left her there when she got denied in December. I can't believe she's doing this after you through that extra lengthy process to overturn her denial. Consider yourself lucky, had you already married her it would be much worst.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Thank You for the kind and understanding reply. I found out that even though I signed Affidavit of Support my obligation to the government only begins after my fiancee becomes a permanent resident. If she comes back begging then I will send her back to China. I am good man (naive) and this was not the first time a women took advantage of my nature. I feel sorry for those women including my latest fiancee who has to live they life through without a heart.

Timeline

I am good man (naive) and this was not the first time a women took advantage of my nature.

Then we share a personality defect. Me too. It wasn't just women either. It caused such havoc in my life that I resolved to study the literature on manipulative people furiously. What you have to realize is that you have a problem, not them. That is to say - you are the one that can fix your personality defect. There isn't anything you can do about them.

What you learn is that these manipulative people specifically target people like us. They can spot us a mile away. In criminology literature they talk about predators targeting those with the "victim stance". it is a similar thing with manipulative people seeking out naiive, gullible, and trusting people like us that listen to what people say instead of watching what they do. Read as much as you can on manipulative people. Learn to recognize their tactics. I like Dr. Simon's "In Sheep's Clothing" best. It is a runaway best-seller for many years for a good reason. But don't limit yourself to that book. Read as much as you can and you will learn to spot the wolves and recognize all their tactics instantly. It has made a huge difference in my life.

Timeline

My opinion:

maybe she got cold feed, homesick, depressed, or bored. I am sure she loves and she will return to you. Hang in there!

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
she loves and she will return to you.
NOT.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Thank You for the kind and understanding reply. I found out that even though I signed Affidavit of Support my obligation to the government only begins after my fiancee becomes a permanent resident. If she comes back begging then I will send her back to China. I am good man (naive) and this was not the first time a women took advantage of my nature. I feel sorry for those women including my latest fiancee who has to live they life through without a heart.

It seems you will live with it until the real trouble knocks your door instead of taking actions now to prevent troubles. It does not make a lot of sense to me. It likes your house roof is broken but you do not want to fix it till a rain day. Maybe you have untold story. Good luck.

Timeline

It seems you will live with it until real trouble knocks your door instead of taking actions now to prevent the trouble. It likes your house roof is broken but you do not want to fix it till a rain day. It does not make a lot of sense to me. Maybe you have untold story. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hullo - any news?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Just to clarify some points that have been tossed around...

You cannot withdraw the petition. She entered the US with the K1 visa, so the benefit requested with the petition has already been granted and used. The K1 petition was closed when she entered the US.

VAWA has provisions for an unmarried victim of domestic violence to receive assistance from the US government. However, the immigration benefits of VAWA are only available to the SPOUSE of a US citizen or LPR. She didn't marry the petitioner, so she can't get a green card through VAWA, regardless of whether or not she has any evidence.

So far, she hasn't violated any laws. Just as you aren't compelled to marry her, she is likewise not compelled to marry you. However, USCIS will certainly want to know what happened so that it can be noted in her case file. If nothing else, this would be considered should anyone else ever petition for her. Tell USCIS that she pulled a runner and has hooked up with someone else, and that you no longer intend to marry her.

In this situation, what are/were the chances for the fiancee to (fraudulently) obtain a "U" (Crime Victim) or "T" (Trafficking victim) visa? Those visas appear to be available to K-1 fiance/ee's who did not marry their petitioner. On the USCIS website, it almost looks like the "U" (Crime Victim) or "T" (Trafficking victim) visas could be obtained fraudulently in a similar way that a spouse could file a very suspect VAWA 360 petition with no real evidence, and still get it approved. Are the standards higher for "U" and "T" visas than for VAWA I-360 petitions?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This happens more often than you realize. People in some Asian countries pay $20-30000 to be smuggled into the US, or for a 'fake' marriage. Why not use some dumb man to get here? ICE even asked me if my wife had paid me to marry her when I was reporting her for fraud. (Check my bank accounts you low level gumshoes....I was broke!)

Since more people than the original poster will eventually read this thread, and some maybe with the same situation, I'll ditto 'don't take her back' with some additional reasons. She may be pregnant from the other guy she ran off to meet. If she skips out before you marry to be with some other guy....consider yourself lucky, and you got off easy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.