476 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Hello all

im pretty new here

i receieved my NOA1 on the 14th of april and had my biometrics taken on the 9th of may.

but since then no response from USCIS. is this normal?

what should i do?

Totally normal. They will send you a notice when they schedule your interview, which can take a few weeks or months, depending on how busy your local office is.

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

I am just curious, but how can I stop the AOS for my spouse. I realized a mistake was made and would like to bring this forward and put a cease on her application. We got married in October of 2010, went for our interview in March of 2011. Unfortunately, after that time we became separated and as of till this date are no longer together. I would like to know what are the proper protocols to take. Our application was granted and she received her Visa, since she went back to her home country this past December.

She informed me that there is a temporary green card, and she has already submitted the paperwork to remove the "hold" and to make this permanent.

Any information and direction on how to go about this, will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

Thank you so much everyone for sharing your experiences with this process as someone who is getting ready to go through the process very soon this has been incredibly helpful. My husband and I are trying to decide whether we should go to an attorney to do the paperwork. We are familiar with the process but we are wondering, are there any of you who did the adjustment of status process without an attorney?

I am a tourist visa over stayer (close to 10 years) so this may be a little different of an experience than for some of you. Would love to hear from those of you who had an attorney and what you felt were the benefits/drawbacks from that and if you didn't have an attorney what the benefits and drawbacks were.

Thanks so very much!

Timeline:

10/18- Express mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765 to Chicago address

10/19- Received delivery notice from USPS to Chicago lockbox

10/24- Received text message and email notification of application arrival from USCIS with receipt #'s for all three applications from MSC (National Benefits Center).

10/27- Received hard copy letters on the mail of our NOAs for all three applications (dated 10/25)

10/27- Received biometrics appointment letter re: I-485 & I-765 for 11/22

11/22- Completed biometrics appointment

12/9 - Received initial Interview notice for I-485

12/16- Received e-mail that EAD card is in production!

12/21 -Received second email that EAD is in production & status is now in "post decision activity"

12/22- Received second email notice of approval being mailed on this date

12/24- Received EAD on the mail!

This is a do-it-yourself website, so most of the people here filed without an attorney. In fact, lawyers have a bad reputation around here. However, you need to decide if you are able to fill out the forms and follow the instructions and be organized. If not, then perhaps a lawyer is needed.

This is also the wrong forum btw, there is a whole forum devoted to AOs from tourist visa here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-tourist-visas/

Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Great thanks so much Harpa! Wasn't sure where to post I'll be sure to look at that forum.

Timeline:

10/18- Express mailed I-130, I-485 & I-765 to Chicago address

10/19- Received delivery notice from USPS to Chicago lockbox

10/24- Received text message and email notification of application arrival from USCIS with receipt #'s for all three applications from MSC (National Benefits Center).

10/27- Received hard copy letters on the mail of our NOAs for all three applications (dated 10/25)

10/27- Received biometrics appointment letter re: I-485 & I-765 for 11/22

11/22- Completed biometrics appointment

12/9 - Received initial Interview notice for I-485

12/16- Received e-mail that EAD card is in production!

12/21 -Received second email that EAD is in production & status is now in "post decision activity"

12/22- Received second email notice of approval being mailed on this date

12/24- Received EAD on the mail!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm kinda in need of help and claifications here.. To make the long story short we accidentally included I-130 woth our AOS packet and am a K1 visa holder. It is late fo us to know that we should'nt have included it. Now it is so messed up like we paid for it and I DON'T WANT TO HAVE 2 INTERVIEWS!!! thinking about it stesses me out!!! (Y_Y)

My I-94 expired last May 24 and they got my application officially around May 23.Do u guys think I just cntinue the I-130?I also read about withdrawal of application,do u think it is a good thing to do?will it affect our other visa too?What do u guys think is the best thing to do?I don't want two inteviews!!!!! :( thank you very much!!! I do appreciate any help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

This general guides apply to people who are required to file for Adjustment of Status once they enter the US to maintain their legal status. This applies to certain non-immigrant visa holders with a K1, K3, and others. Once you file you will have several options available to track your case.

Review the following:

Here are two documents that describe your rights and responsibilities as a Legal US Permanent Resident:

Helpful Tips:

Tip #1 (updated by member: Joanna&Bobby):

Tip #2

Tip #3 (from Meauxna)

I'm kinda in need of help and claifications here.. To make the long story short we accidentally included I-130 woth our AOS packet and am a K1 visa holder. It is late fo us to know that we should'nt have included it. Now it is so messed up like we paid for it and I DON'T WANT TO HAVE 2 INTERVIEWS!!! thinking about it stesses me out!!! (Y_Y)

My I-94 expired last May 24 and they got my application officially around May 23.Do u guys think I just cntinue the I-130?I also read about withdrawal of application,do u think it is a good thing to do?will it affect our other visa too?What do u guys think is the best thing to do?I don't want two inteviews!!!!! thank you very much!!! I do appreciate any help

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello. I have tried looking though the forms but haven't really found the answers Im looking for. So I will add to it but sorry if its already posted somewhere and I missed it.

So my Fiance just came on a K1 we are looking at what we will have to do to change his status. First we need to get our I-864 locked down. I personally dont make enough due to being a volunteer living abroad and now going to graduate school. This means I need a joint sponsor. We have someone who it looks like will be our joint sponsor but this person is not apart of my family or his, just a friend but according to the paper work that is fine.

Like I said I will be going to graduate school and we both will move to this town AUG 1st. This means the joint sponsor will not live in the same town or state as us. Is this a problem? Also do we need to file the I-864A because we will not be living in the same home and she is not my family memeber just a friend.? Also who and how do I let someone know of my Fiance change of address?

Thank you for your time and help.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Is it just me or are the Biometrics Appointment Notices taking a long time to get here. I heard that some other ppl who filed way before me are still waiting as well. I filed on the 20th of June, I have a notice date of 22nd of June and my papers has not been touched since the 24th of June and we are now nearing the end of July.

here is a little background info. this is my second time applying for AOS. i'm in the Family Bases Immediate Category and my 21st b'day is the beginning of August! oh yes, and my case is at the National Benefit Center in Lee's Summit. is anyone's case at the National Benefit's Center too???? what can you tell me about the NBC??

Hi Everyone,

Is it just me or are the Biometrics Appointment Notices taking a long time to get here. I heard that some other ppl who filed way before me are still waiting as well. I filed on the 20th of June, I have a notice date of 22nd of June and my papers has not been touched since the 24th of June and we are now nearing the end of July.

here is a little background info. this is my second time applying for AOS. i'm in the Family Bases Immediate Category and my 21st b'day is the beginning of August! oh yes, and my case is at the National Benefit Center in Lee's Summit. is anyone's case at the National Benefit's Center too???? what can you tell me about the NBC??

Most, if not all cases transferred to NBC requires an interview.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

my case was just transferred to the NBC - that is where USCIS now processes all of the EAD and i-485 forms as far as I've been told. They are moving at snail's pace but hang in there and they'll get to you. I got my receipt in June with biometrics scheduled for mid-July only to have that and have a request for evidence (that i had already provided). Hopefully you will get yours soon! I was very concerned with the length of time my case was taking so I made an infopass appointment where they assured me it was still moving along. Hope you hear something soon!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello my journey started today. My AOS has arrived to the Chicago lockbox. Now the wait begins.

Anyone applied recently?

I am adjusting from a B2

09/14/2011 Sent package with I-130, I-485, I-765

09/16/2011 Package arrived at Chicago lock-box

09/19/2011 Received text mail from USCIS package accepted

09/21/2011 NOA1 hard-copies received in mail

09/29/2011 Biometrics appointment scheduled for October 19th 2011

10/04/2011 Successful walk-in for biometrics

10/21/2011 Request to appear for initial interview

11/08/2011 EAD Card/Document Production

11/17/2011 EAD received in the mail

11/18/2011 Applied for SSN with EAD

11/22/2011 Interview at Local USCIS Indianapolis (Approved)

11/22/2011 Received text and e-mail that I-485 has been approved

11/23/2011 Touched Green Card Production

11/29/2011 Touched

12/01/2011 Received SS card in the mailbox

12/02/2011 Received GC and welcome letter in the mail

12/29/2011 Touched I-130

01/02/2012 I-130 approved (letter in the mail)

My journey lasted 2 months and 18 days :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Me me! I sent mine yesterday and should arrive by today at Chicago lockbox!

I started a September adjustment of status forum by the way. The one that was started before, nobody replies hahaha

09/12/2011 Got medical done

09/15/2011 Went back to doctor to get PPD read

09/15/2011 Sent package via express USPS at 5:30 pm

09/16/2011 Email confirmation of delivery to lockbox in Chicago

09/20/2011 Email/text from USCIS

09/20/2011 Cashier's check cashed!!

09/21/2011 Touch (for what?, I don't know)

09/27/2011 2 NOA1 in mail! Dated: September 20, 2011 (I485 & I765)

10/03/2011 Biometrics letter in the mail. Dated 9/28. Appt. for 10/26.

10/04/2011 Biometrics walk in- Successful!!!!!! 

11/09/2011 Text/Email stating EAD card is in production 

11/15/2011 EAD Update

11/16/2011 Approval of EAD sent by mail

11/18/2011 EAD in hand

11/21/1011 Applied for SSN

11/26/2011 Social Security Card in the mail!

--/--/2011 Interview

02/16/2012 Date when P.R. began

12/22/2016 Mailed N400 forms Dallas Texas

12/30/2016 USCIS received N400 application (Texas Lockbox)

01/09/2017 Credit Card charged $680

01/11/2017 Notice date

01/15/2017 Notice date for biometrics appt

01/31/2017 Biometrics appointment at West Palm Beach ASC

02/03/2017 Notification (online) - Application in interview process

07/25/2017 Text notification that my case was updated. Interview scheduled! Waiting for letter with interview date. 
07/31/2017 Letter received in the mail! Interview date: August 31, 2017. Notice date: July 26, 2017

08/31/2017 Interview - Approved - Oath letter given to me same day

09/07/2017 Oath Ceremony! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.